Real Estate

Earn back buyer's real estate agent commission - Become an Agent!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2017 1:45 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5064 posts
211 upvotes
Toronto
^ 3rd tier doesn't help. It's waste of money.

I used to think like that but I met lot of smart people, and they have been out of job market or never used certain skills (like math) for 20 years. It's wrong to judge them, that they need extra help.
Being a good realtor has nothing to do with being slow / out of touch. Just my opinion :)
For Sale:
    Canon C100 + Canon 70-200 f2.8 + ...
Looking for: Sony Camera for video (for a good price)
Apr 22, 2014
836 posts
190 upvotes
, ON
Are there any benefits of taking e-learning over the correspondence method?

I read online reviews and some people said that on e-learning the materials and questions are similar with the ones on the exam.

Anyone can share their experience?
Penalty Box
Jan 15, 2006
8316 posts
2458 upvotes
Richmond Hill
PrinceMS wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:16 pm
^ 3rd tier doesn't help. It's waste of money.

I used to think like that but I met lot of smart people, and they have been out of job market or never used certain skills (like math) for 20 years. It's wrong to judge them, that they need extra help.
Being a good realtor has nothing to do with being slow / out of touch. Just my opinion :)
True. But common sense and being a people person does which majority are not. I come from a background in sales and in my past job I have literally worked with hundreds of people. I've always been a people person and that is one thing that one can never learn.

In any case I suppose the more enrollment the better for reco and trebs pockets lol
May 31, 2005
94 posts
12 upvotes
Just registered for 3A The Real Estate Transaction - General (e-learning), and 3B The Residential Real Estate Transaction (classroom). For 3B, there's a physical textbook that's close to 700 pages. I bought Passit for 3B but are there any tips to make the 700 page reading experience more like the e-learning one where you log on and get somewhat summarized course notes?
Nov 9, 2017
12 posts
5 upvotes
I just passed the course 2 and signed up for course 3A and 3B too. Is there any tips for passing these courses? It seems that they changed the 3B and passit not useful any more? Too many people are failing so I am quite worried
Penalty Box
Jan 15, 2006
8316 posts
2458 upvotes
Richmond Hill
My advice is do 3A in class and 3B yourself. Understanding form 100 is crucial along with the clauses. 3B is mostly common sense. High failure rate for 3A FYI.
Apr 22, 2014
836 posts
190 upvotes
, ON
dimsumboi wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 3:50 pm
Just registered for 3A The Real Estate Transaction - General (e-learning), and 3B The Residential Real Estate Transaction (classroom). For 3B, there's a physical textbook that's close to 700 pages. I bought Passit for 3B but are there any tips to make the 700 page reading experience more like the e-learning one where you log on and get somewhat summarized course notes?
Dann384476 wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 3:53 pm
I just passed the course 2 and signed up for course 3A and 3B too. Is there any tips for passing these courses? It seems that they changed the 3B and passit not useful any more? Too many people are failing so I am quite worried
Did you guys do e-learning or correspondence for course #1? What do you guys think between e-learning and correspondence?
Penalty Box
Jan 15, 2006
8316 posts
2458 upvotes
Richmond Hill
anotherbargainhunter wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 9:59 pm
Did you guys do e-learning or correspondence for course #1? What do you guys think between e-learning and correspondence?
Why are you still asking this? @[eonibm] has said already that everyone learns differently. What works for me may not work for you. I skim read and have a photographic memory so if I told you correspondence works for me and you don't learn the sameway how is that relevant?

Give it a rest and stop worrying about how others are doing the course. Do what works for you.
Apr 22, 2014
836 posts
190 upvotes
, ON
EP32k2 wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 10:41 pm
Why are you still asking this? @eonibm has said already that everyone learns differently. What works for me may not work for you. I skim read and have a photographic memory so if I told you correspondence works for me and you don't learn the sameway how is that relevant?

Give it a rest and stop worrying about how others are doing the course. Do what works for you.
Why you got frustrated? People chat to other people to get feedback from their each own experience. No need to get upset. People read reviews of products and services and many other things everyday. Just like many other reviews, they are always mixed because everyone experience, expectations, and preferences are different. From those reviews, people learn what may works or may not works for them.

If you have nothing or don't want to share your experience than by all mean hit that ignore button.
Penalty Box
Jan 15, 2006
8316 posts
2458 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Dec 11th, 2017 9:33 am
Why you got frustrated? People chat to other people to get feedback from their each own experience. No need to get upset. People read reviews of products and services and many other things everyday. Just like many other reviews, they are always mixed because everyone experience, expectations, and preferences are different. From those reviews, people learn what may works or may not works for them.

If you have nothing or don't want to share your experience than by all mean hit that ignore button.
Upset? I was trying to give you friendly advice. If this is the attitude you have now I can tell you this isn't the career for you.
Feb 24, 2017
27 posts
7 upvotes
I picked correspondence because I wanted the physical book. You don't get this for the e-learning segment. I also got a DVD and CD. But I don't know whats on it since I don't have a DVD or CD drive .. lol
Either way you get the electronic version of the text.
Apr 22, 2014
836 posts
190 upvotes
, ON
EP32k2 wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 9:40 am
Upset? I was trying to give you friendly advice. If this is the attitude you have now I can tell you this isn't the career for you.
I am confused what attitude you are referring to.
I was simply letting you know the point I was asking the questions in the same way, friendly.

I am not looking for whatever you and eonibm are thinking. Therefore, if anyone else gets the questions and the intention and willing to share their experience, I and some others will appreciate it.

It's okay, not everyone "clicks" with everybody. In that case, we can just move on and mind our own business. Cheers.
Apr 22, 2014
836 posts
190 upvotes
, ON
wadesj wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 11:25 am
I picked correspondence because I wanted the physical book. You don't get this for the e-learning segment. I also got a DVD and CD. But I don't know whats on it since I don't have a DVD or CD drive .. lol
Either way you get the electronic version of the text.
Thank you for sharing @wadesj your experience.

Glad to know that we get the electronic version on both the correspondence and e-learning method. I didn't know this as I don't think it was mentioned on the Web and electronic form that we sign.

Helpful and positive post!
May 31, 2005
94 posts
12 upvotes
I did e-learning for class #1. I was reading the PDF book entirely but found that I could get by just reading the electronic online notes. I found that I was using my calculator a lot in the course #1 exam, not sure if it was just my luck of the draw that I got a lot of math questions.
May 31, 2005
94 posts
12 upvotes
EP32k2 wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 9:09 pm
My advice is do 3A in class and 3B yourself. Understanding form 100 is crucial along with the clauses. 3B is mostly common sense. High failure rate for 3A FYI.
When I signed up for 3B - The Residential Real Estate Transaction, there wasn't any option other than classroom. So are you saying to just read the book and not go to the classes? I am also looking for a way to find course notes like they had for courses #1 and #2 rather than reading the physical book. Does anyone know if it's worth it to go to the first class to see if the prof will provide course notes somehow?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)