Real Estate

Earn back buyer's real estate agent commission - Become an Agent!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 11th, 2019 9:45 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
11105 posts
6569 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I used passit. Yeah there’s no skim reading lol unless you’re Johnny 5.
Mar 9, 2014
571 posts
585 upvotes
Ottawa
After getting licence and starting to view properties, how do you guys deal with Supra Bluetooth Lockboxes? Do you pay annual fee for eKey?
Mar 9, 2014
571 posts
585 upvotes
Ottawa
huntclub wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 6:44 pm
After getting licence and starting to view properties, how do you guys deal with Supra Bluetooth Lockboxes? Do you pay annual fee for eKey?
Answering my own question here lol. In Ottawa it's included in the local board fee.
Jun 6, 2009
415 posts
44 upvotes
Thinking of doing this for personal/family use.

What are the options for the cheapest broker for this purpose? Located in Ontario (GTA)
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
11105 posts
6569 upvotes
Richmond Hill
cleardevil wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 5:36 pm

What are the options for the cheapest broker for this purpose? Located in Ontario (GTA)
How often would you be doing this?
Jun 6, 2009
415 posts
44 upvotes
EP32k2 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 9:18 pm
How often would you be doing this?
I wouldn't expect it to be very often. Basically parents house, my own house, and probably only close friends.
Jan 1, 2014
1 posts
Toronto
cleardevil wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 5:36 pm

I did it for exactly this purpose. I started with the courses in late March and got my RECO license and joined a brokerage early November. By a stroke of luck I had a friend looking to buy and agreed to have me represent him and my first sale will close on January 25th. Not sure when the next client will come along, but I really enjoy the first experience. Definitely NOT quitting my day job yet.

The brokerage I joined only has a small monthly fee and a very low per transaction fee, so even if I don't make another sale for several months, I'm not out a lot of money. PM me if you'd like more details about the brokerage I chose or about the process of taking the courses, getting the license etc. :)
Jun 6, 2009
415 posts
44 upvotes
eviljuan wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 8:51 am
I did it for exactly this purpose. I started with the courses in late March and got my RECO license and joined a brokerage early November. By a stroke of luck I had a friend looking to buy and agreed to have me represent him and my first sale will close on January 25th. Not sure when the next client will come along, but I really enjoy the first experience. Definitely NOT quitting my day job yet.

The brokerage I joined only has a small monthly fee and a very low per transaction fee, so even if I don't make another sale for several months, I'm not out a lot of money. PM me if you'd like more details about the brokerage I chose or about the process of taking the courses, getting the license etc. :)
I PM'd you but haven't heard back yet. Thanks!
Oct 28, 2006
346 posts
127 upvotes
wanted to get advice from some of the people here. I failed the exam for course 3+4 twice and will have to redo the course. I currently only have 133 days left to finish the pre-registration segment. Do you think it is viable to complete it if I do all out? Recently had some family emergencies and a wedding so a lot of the studying was delayed. If I get to the last course and I am not able to complete it by the date, will they allow for an extension so I can finish it?

Thanks
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
13301 posts
3491 upvotes
Here 'n There
baller4lif3 wrote:
Jan 28th, 2019 3:44 pm
wanted to get advice from some of the people here. I failed the exam for course 3+4 twice and will have to redo the course. I currently only have 133 days left to finish the pre-registration segment. Do you think it is viable to complete it if I do all out? Recently had some family emergencies and a wedding so a lot of the studying was delayed. If I get to the last course and I am not able to complete it by the date, will they allow for an extension so I can finish it?

Thanks
Ask OREA, not here.
Jul 10, 2018
405 posts
340 upvotes
Why do people find exam #3 so difficult? I have yet to write it but the textbooks don't seem to contain information that is more difficult than the previous two courses?
Oct 28, 2006
346 posts
127 upvotes
TheSinner wrote:
Jan 28th, 2019 9:57 pm
Why do people find exam #3 so difficult? I have yet to write it but the textbooks don't seem to contain information that is more difficult than the previous two courses?
not sure about others but I felt the questions were super ambiguous. Also i didnt buy PASSIT so I will do that from now on to get more questions to practice. Also 2x as much material as the first 2 courses.
Jul 10, 2018
405 posts
340 upvotes
baller4lif3 wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 12:15 pm
not sure about others but I felt the questions were super ambiguous. Also i didnt buy PASSIT so I will do that from now on to get more questions to practice. Also 2x as much material as the first 2 courses.
Ive finished reading the textbooks and am doing the passit exams. I now see why this exam will be more difficult than the others if these practice exams are an accurate representation. You need to remember many small details about the forms/transaction because the right answer can't always be determined using logic or intuition. The rules are the rules. And I agree, that the questions are often more nuanced and ambiguous than in the previous course tests.
Mar 9, 2014
571 posts
585 upvotes
Ottawa
TheSinner wrote:
Jan 28th, 2019 9:57 pm
It's more material man. 2 books instead of 1. Also there are some memorizations regarding deposit, commission, bank accounts. I passed on first try but it's definitely not as easy as the first 2.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)