Real Estate

Earn back buyer's real estate agent commission - Become an Agent!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 11th, 2019 9:45 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1382 posts
673 upvotes
GTA
eonibm wrote:
Jun 5th, 2015 5:13 pm
You might want to read my response to his post and you'll see how. :)

I quoted your response. Did not answer the question at all.

Please, once again, I ask you. Kindly provide me with the proof of your ability to access the website with full search functionality as a non-member.
Award Winning Realtor - I LOVE MY JOB!!
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
13298 posts
3489 upvotes
Here 'n There
BenK wrote:
Jun 5th, 2015 5:14 pm
i meant I'm only planning to do the first 4 courses, spend ~$3k then go buy my house and not do any more OREA courses. that's works right? I have no intention to become even a part time realtor but I can spend 4-6 months just doing some eLearning and exams to save myself 20k, it's worth it to me.
Again, got it baby! You can get licensed after you complete the first 4 courses and pay the RECO fees of $350 registration and $400 insurance but you can wait up to 12 mos to do that. The RECO registration fee is for 2 years but the insurance is only for one year so you could transact business for a year and then would have to pay another $400 fee for insurance for the second year if you want to keep doing it. If you haven't completed the next 3 courses and renewed at the 24 month period you are no longer licensed.

So after the initial 4 courses and fees another $750 gets you transacting real estate for 1 yr and another $400 for a total of 2 years (plus any brokerage cost, desk fees etc).

People have to also remember that although one can do it in 4 months of by being really dedicated and having the time, 175 hours plus 3 exams, although pretty easy, is a big time commitment especially if you do all in class.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
13298 posts
3489 upvotes
Here 'n There
loriblum wrote:
Jun 5th, 2015 5:19 pm
I quoted your response. Did not answer the question at all.

Please, once again, I ask you. Kindly provide me with the proof of your ability to access the website with full search functionality as a non-member.
I don't need to answer your question yet again. It's already in my response (my post 106 if you cannot find it) and if you cannot understand that then figure it out yourself. Anyway, it's immaterial to the topic of this thread really.
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2008
4368 posts
1481 upvotes
Away from RFD idiots
potential minefield? lmao

you mean, that if you're a real estate agent, you can't be your own agent? lmao.

OP posted quality information. What are you trying to achieve? if people want to bypass realtors by getting their own license when buying a 1+ mil property, what's it to you?
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1382 posts
673 upvotes
GTA
Are you backing down on my request to provide proof of a bold claim you have made?

I ask for proof. Please provide or retract your statement.

(And pssst.... saying that you "have a friend who gave you a key" might sound nice to those who aren't questioning you, but again, I call *. Therfore, a photo of the page with a current timestamp is all I am requesting. Something quite "easy peasy" for a non agent to provide who has gone to this much effort in all other areas of disproving Realtor's worth).

Up to you.
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
5310 posts
479 upvotes
Vancouver
eonibm wrote:
Jun 5th, 2015 5:26 pm
I don't need to answer your question yet again. It's already in my response (my post 106 if you cannot find it) and if you cannot understand that then figure it out yourself. Anyway, it's immaterial to the topic of this thread really.
You allege one does not need to be a member of the real estate board to be able to access said website thus it is related.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1382 posts
673 upvotes
GTA
mathiewannabe wrote:
Jun 5th, 2015 5:27 pm

you mean, that if you're a real estate agent, you can't be your own agent? lmao.

OP posted quality information. What are you trying to achieve? if people want to bypass realtors by getting their own license when buying a 1+ mil property, what's it to you?
Why am I not able to ask a simple question simply because I hold the title of Realtor? If I used my title of Personal Trainer and asked the same question, would you tell me to leave this thread?

As well, I provided a response to a genuine question as this is what these forums are all about, so I am entitled to be here. I did not, at any moment, suggest anyone should not achieve a licence. Your M.O. for doing such is none of my concern.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
5310 posts
479 upvotes
Vancouver
mathiewannabe wrote:
Jun 5th, 2015 5:27 pm

Anyone licensee can legally buy or sell his or her own property or even double end a transaction however its a minefield that many won't get into.
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2008
4368 posts
1481 upvotes
Away from RFD idiots
loriblum wrote:
Jun 5th, 2015 5:32 pm
Why am I not able to ask a simple question simply because I hold the title of Realtor? If I used my title of Personal Trainer and asked the same question, would you tell me to leave this thread?

As well, I provided a response to a genuine question as this is what these forums are all about, so I am entitled to be here. I did not, at any moment, suggest anyone should not achieve a licence. Your M.O. for doing such is none of my concern.
Good. I think your question is valid, but others are trying to derail the thread into another topic, which is what I'm having a problem with. If anyone wants to become a Realtor to buy their own property, they can do so is all op's post is saying. Posts before yours made by other Realtors are useless and self serving.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
13298 posts
3489 upvotes
Here 'n There
loriblum wrote:
Jun 5th, 2015 5:30 pm
Are you backing down on my request to provide proof of a bold claim you have made?

(And pssst.... saying that you "have a friend who gave you a key" might sound nice to those who aren't questioning you, but again, I call *. Therfore, a photo of the page with a current timestamp is all I am requesting. Something quite "easy peasy" for a non agent to provide who has gone to this much effort in all other areas of disproving Realtor's worth).

Up to you.
Funny, others have no problem understanding how to do it. As for the friend giving me a fob and password, that's just another alternative that I also mentioned in my post.

Anyway, call it/me/the explanation about how to do it (without getting a fob and password from a friend) what you want. As I said, it's immaterial to the topic of this thread and irrelevant to you because you are a realtor and have a fob and password! The thread is about becoming licensed as a realtor. I just provided the information about how to access MLS as an aside.

You don't understand so it's really time for you to move on. If you have anything to add about the mechanism to be licensed as a realtor great. If not, then please don't keep derailing this thread.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
5310 posts
479 upvotes
Vancouver
eonibm wrote:
Jun 5th, 2015 3:03 pm
No, I never said that anywhere.

I will just do it through the other branch office of the brokerage I will be registered with that is a member of TREB rather than their branch office that I am registered with that is not a TREB member. Easy peasy. Also, there's no advantage any more to being able to access MLS immediately yourself at your desk at home or wherever else as mls.ca scrapes the listings instaneously now from mls.net so listings are out immediately on both mls.ca and mls.net. As for listing being able to list on MLS I have already explained in detail how I can do so without being a TREB member just like any TREB member can. Tons of non-TREB members do it that way every day. Again, easy peasy.

Also, there are many real estate agents in retirement who hardly ever do a deal that maintain their TREB membership that have already told me they will lend me their key fob and password for extended periods of time to access mls.net anytime from anywhere I want, but I don't need to. I have a friend (not even an agent) who has been doing that for years.

'Consumer buying habits and marketing methods' is a part of the first course, which is Real Estate as a Professional Career. I don't know if it was separtae before or is also included elsewhere in another course now. Anyway, it's immaterial to me. I'm studying whatever is required.

Why don't you call OREA for clarification?
"Turns out the OREA courses do not cover customer service, marketing, or negotiation strategies. "
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
5310 posts
479 upvotes
Vancouver
loriblum wrote:
Jun 5th, 2015 5:30 pm

(And pssst.... saying that you "have a friend who gave you a key" might sound nice to those who aren't questioning you, but again, I call bullsh*t. Therfore, a photo of the page with a current timestamp is all I am requesting. Something quite "easy peasy" for a non agent to provide who has gone to this much effort in all other areas of disproving Realtor's worth).

Up to you.
In addition to the key fob thing, such individual claimed that mls.ca(same domain as realtor.ca) has the same data as the private system

http://www.torontorealestateboard.com/b ... isting.htm
"t is different than the consumer website www.REALTOR.ca, which offers a brief description of most properties listed on MLS® Systems."
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
13298 posts
3489 upvotes
Here 'n There
popbottle wrote:
Jun 5th, 2015 5:43 pm
"Turns out the OREA courses do not cover customer service, marketing, or negotiation strategies. "
right.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1382 posts
673 upvotes
GTA
eonibm wrote:
Jun 5th, 2015 5:40 pm
Funny, others have no problem understanding how to do it. As for the friend giving me a fob and password, that's just an alternative.

Anyway, call it/me/the explanation about how to do it (without getting a fob and password from a friend) what you want. As I said, it's immaterial to the topic of this thread. The thread is about becoming licensed as a realtor. I just provided the information about how to access MLS as an aside.

You don't understand so time to move on.
It was a simple request which you are unable to fulfill. Taking another member's key fob is not the way in which the general public can access the site which you implied was possible.

As for being immaterial to the topic? I believe you have broached your handy dandy guide in many-a-forums where your input was not requested, yet provided. That is typically what occurs in a general forum, of which I am capable of being a part of by engaging the conversation on a different level. Nothing wrong with that, is there? In fact, I was only asking you for proof on a claim you made in this thread. One which you began. So, pretty much was a fair question on my end, which unfortunately, you are unable to respond to with truth.