Real Estate

Earn back buyer's real estate agent commission - Become an Agent. New Humber College Course is now live!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2019 12:33 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
3271 posts
654 upvotes
Toronto
I wonder how many have become a RE agent from this thread.
Cash Rebate Realtor
Full-time & Full Service
Homelife Bayview

President Award 2018
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5458 posts
372 upvotes
Toronto
dimsumboi wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 9:57 pm
When I signed up for 3B - The Residential Real Estate Transaction, there wasn't any option other than classroom. So are you saying to just read the book and not go to the classes? I am also looking for a way to find course notes like they had for courses #1 and #2 rather than reading the physical book. Does anyone know if it's worth it to go to the first class to see if the prof will provide course notes somehow?
If you don't goto class - there is no penalty. I have courses for courses 3A + B, but for course 3 you need to read the book. Its the hardest course in the whole list, they ask lot of nitty gritty details and you don't usually get it from notes.
For Sale:
  • DSLR Slider
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
4659 posts
1500 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
So if take paper exam then you can skip questions and come back later.

Can you do same with iPad exam or must answer each question consecutively and can not go back to prior questions?
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
2321 posts
978 upvotes
, ON
georvu wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 5:19 pm

Can you do same with iPad exam or must answer each question consecutively and can not go back to prior questions?
Good question. Would like to know this as well.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5458 posts
372 upvotes
Toronto
georvu wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 5:19 pm

Yes you can - if anything iPad is easier because it shows you all the Q and which Q are unanswered. You can also bookmark certain Q and then remember to come back to it.
You can go fwd / backward as much as you want. iPad results are within an hour (sometime instant) ... but guarantee to show up within 24 hours.

It will be hard to find exact screenshot, but this screen looks inspired from it:

For Sale:
  • DSLR Slider
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5458 posts
372 upvotes
Toronto
^ Above pic is from PAssIt.

Ofcourse, you will not see answers in exam (or tips).

After the exam, they don't tell you what exactly you got it wrong - they only tell you which chapters it is from (that you got wrong) and how many.
For Sale:
  • DSLR Slider
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
4659 posts
1500 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
PrinceMS wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 7:49 pm
^ Above pic is from PAssIt.

Ofcourse, you will not see answers in exam (or tips).

After the exam, they don't tell you what exactly you got it wrong - they only tell you which chapters it is from (that you got wrong) and how many.
Thanks, how long are exams [time allotted]? Deciding on morning or afternoon or evening vis a vis my schedule.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5458 posts
372 upvotes
Toronto
georvu wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 7:59 pm
Thanks, how long are exams [time allotted]? Deciding on morning or afternoon or evening vis a vis my schedule.
3 hours exams. I think I always was finished exactly at 1 hour mark (+/- 30 sec). I check it 2 times, then I can't take it anymore and get out before 2 hours.
I do see lot of people attempting at that time ... so I dunno maybe I am fast?

Pro Tip: Always leave hard ones / confusing one till last - then come back to them. EAsier on iPad because it shows you in a chart that you didn't pick an answer to
For Sale:
  • DSLR Slider
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
4659 posts
1500 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
For first exam is the HP financial calculator needed for some of the calculations or can do exam with regular calculator?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5458 posts
372 upvotes
Toronto
Its best to use the APPROVED calculator. Hence, the cheapest calcs you can find. Virtually all calcs that have "STAPLES" written on them are good.

Reason being, scientific calcs do weird things at times.
(someone actually showed me, how my casio scientific calculator doesn't show right answer ... I had to go buy a cheap one - sorry I forgot the example now)
For Sale:
  • DSLR Slider
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
14408 posts
4229 upvotes
Here 'n There
EP32k2 wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 9:40 am
Upset? I was trying to give you friendly advice. If this is the attitude you have now I can tell you this isn't the career for you.
+1. The guy spends all his time on here trying to figure out if his brain is as smart as the same as everyone else's. Impossible to know. I wish he'd stop.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
14408 posts
4229 upvotes
Here 'n There
DirtPoor wrote:
Dec 12th, 2017 7:02 am
But why does it say on OREA website that 3B classroom attendance is mandatory and we may not be eligible to write the exam if we don’t attend like 90 percent of classes?
I asked that too and they just said that's the way it is. I learn at my own pace and typically go a lot faster than the instructors do, not to mention you have to slow down in the class while people ask questions. I can't bear to sit there all day for days listening. I did everything through e-learning and all iPad exams. Not everyone is a self-starter and some find the classroom experience suits them better.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
14408 posts
4229 upvotes
Here 'n There
oasis100 wrote:
Dec 12th, 2017 1:03 pm
I wonder how many have become a RE agent from this thread.
More than would have without. I have had a LOT of people private messaging me and thanking me for creating this thread. I'd say at least 2 dozen. Many others of course may have done it as a result too.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
14408 posts
4229 upvotes
Here 'n There
georvu wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 7:56 pm
For first exam is the HP financial calculator needed for some of the calculations or can do exam with regular calculator?
No. They hand out the tables you need to use to do any calculations. Perhaps it's changed as I did it last year in the 3+3 stream before they changed the curriculum.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
14408 posts
4229 upvotes
Here 'n There
PrinceMS wrote:
Dec 16th, 2017 1:45 pm
3 hours exams. I think I always was finished exactly at 1 hour mark (+/- 30 sec). I check it 2 times, then I can't take it anymore and get out before 2 hours.
I do see lot of people attempting at that time ... so I dunno maybe I am fast?

Pro Tip: Always leave hard ones / confusing one till last - then come back to them. EAsier on iPad because it shows you in a chart that you didn't pick an answer to
Exactly and with the iPad exam you can note the ones you want to go back to to check. I typically finished around the 2 hour mark after checking everything an additional time.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)