Expired Hot Deals

[Dell] Earth Day @ Dell: 4xAA Enelooops+Charger $16, Kodak USB Device Solar Charger $25

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 22nd, 2010 5:41 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4377 posts
4253 upvotes
Toronto

[Dell] Earth Day @ Dell: 4xAA Enelooops+Charger $16, Kodak USB Device Solar Charger $25

For Earth Day, Dell.ca is running a special edition of the Red Hot Deal of the Day. Specifically, there are 4 offers instead of 1, and green is the theme. Here are the details:
  • Eneloop Rechargeable Battery Charger and 4 AA Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries - $15.99
  • Ks100-C+2 Solar Charger With Two Ni-Mh/USB To USB Cable - $24.99
  • Mobile Edge Eco Messenger Carrying Case - Fits Laptops with Screen Sizes up to 16-inch – Black - $34.99
  • Sanyo (Canada) VPC-CS1 High Definition Camcorder and 8 MP Camera (Pink) - $299.00
The Eneloops and the Kodak charger are the more interesting offers of the 4, in my opinion.

The Kodak ks100-C+2 (real catchy) charges 2 AA batteries (included), which in turn can charge your portable electronics on the go via USB.
18 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
2949 posts
235 upvotes
I think that $16 is a bit much for 4 AA eneloops and charger.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
1579 posts
167 upvotes
toronto
yea eneloops are trash..better off with rayovac hrybrids or energizers..
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2004
1444 posts
14 upvotes
Edmonton
chrisanthony14 wrote: yea eneloops are trash..better off with rayovac hrybrids or energizers..
That's the first time I've heard anyone call eneloops "trash". Care to elaborate on how/why rayovacs and energizers are better?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4249 posts
672 upvotes
Edmonton
I am rather fond of the solar charger just unsure if now is the time to bite or shall we see better advancements in the near future?
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
May 19, 2005
567 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
crimsondr wrote: I think that $16 is a bit much for 4 AA eneloops and charger.
+1 crap deal, can't beat their own Dod, whatever Dell's Earth day. :o
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
362 upvotes
chrisanthony14 wrote: yea eneloops are trash..better off with rayovac hrybrids or energizers..
uh... yeah, eneloop's LSD vs. energizers HSD (high self discharge)

unless you prefer energizer's higher mAh capacity, there's no other reason to take those over eneloops...
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
2949 posts
235 upvotes
willy wrote: This leaves more Eneloops to us :cheesygri
Waiting for a deal on AAs alone. Already have too many chargers and AAA :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4249 posts
672 upvotes
Edmonton
h00ch wrote: But how long does it take the solar charger to charge the 2 AA batteries? No mention of that in the description...

edit: wow! 28 hours for a full charge! Useless... http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier. ... 8a80b7fe80
I don't know about useless. It's 28 hours to charge the internal batteries that you can change out for others then use it to charge a said device. Only thing I am not sure about is longevity or a device and how long it takes to empart the power from the AA to a phone or device.

As a nightly charge for a cell phone or something this seems ideal to me.
Heatware
Oct 6, 2004
911 posts
251 upvotes
Got to love Earth Day Sales...save the planet by promoting more consumption.

Almost as disgusting as the Sears Remembrance Day Sale a year or two back...
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4249 posts
672 upvotes
Edmonton
What else would they do, trade you laptop in for wheat grass or egg laying chicken?
Heatware
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
362 upvotes
crimsondr wrote: Waiting for a deal on AAs alone. Already have too many chargers and AAA :cheesygri
dell's eneloop 4pk AA/AAA sales (usually $10-13) don't seem to come by often... you're better off waiting for SDM to have their Duracell MIJ rechargeables to go on sale for $7-9 (usually wknd only sales)

Duracell MIJ (white tops) = rebranded eneloops
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!