Off Topic Archive

Locked: Easy/cheap way to ship from Canada to US?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2010 5:08 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 21, 2009
214 posts

Easy/cheap way to ship from Canada to US?

I've recently begun selling books online, and I was wondering if you guys knew any way to ship to the US, from Canada, at much cheaper cost than usual FedEx/Canada Post methods. I notice there are far fewer seller listings on Amazon.ca than Amazon.com. In fact, I incorrectly signed up at Amazon.com and had 3 of my books sold in 2 days before I realized I had to cancel my US seller account and start a Canada seller account. I'm new to this whole thing, any tips would be appreciated!

So far from my research it seems I can either:

1) Drive down to US Border myself, not an option for me.

OR

2) Give my books to a service that then drives down, or some other method, gets my books to US locations with faster shipping times and lower costs. I was wondering if there's an official, reputable company that does this.

UPDATE: Turns out I can't even sell on Amazon.com regardless since I don't have a US Bank Account to collect the money. Guess I'm stuck with Amazon.ca for now.

So I guess my new question is: Are there any other online alternatives for Canadians that you guys would recommend?
Share:
3 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 4, 2001
10040 posts
104 upvotes
It's kind of difficult -- we don't have a slower, cheaper "book rate" like they do in the US.

But be thankful you're not selling from Canada to Canadian people -- it's often more expensive to mail a book to a Canadian address than to a US address :)
[OP]
Feb 21, 2009
214 posts
Wow, this is annoying as hell, I hate Canada when it comes to online stuff. Turns out I can't even sell on Amazon.com regardless since I don't have a US Bank Account to collect the money. Guess I'm stuck with Amazon.ca for now.
× < >