Easy Trick to bypass the Wall Street Journal / Financial Times paywall [Updated!]
**Others mentioned it works for Financial Times as well. Just use ft.com in place of wsj.com to set it up.
For those interested in full access to the WSJ articles... I've discovered that accessing them through Google search gives you the full unrestricted version, since they want their content indexed by Google search bot. Basically, they check the referer URL and if it has 'google.com', you get full article, paywall otherwise.
There are extensions for Firefox and Chrome that allow you to fake referer URL for different websites.
1) Download and install RefControl add-on.
2) From top menu, select Tools -> RefControl Options. Then "Add Site" and enter wsj.com for Site, select Custom option and enter https://www.google.com next to it.
3) OK, save, exit. Enjoy your free and unrestricted access, no matter how you get to wsj.com.
For Google Chrome, use Referer Control plugin to accomplish the same thing. Detailed instructions here: http://www.jongales.com/blog/2014/02/13 ... j-paywall/
You now have full access, but are limited to 5 articles per day. They're using cookies to enforce the limit, so here's how to get around that:
First, delete the cookies that match "wsj.com" in your browser's Privacy/History settings, see drdtyc's post below...
1) From the top menu, select Preferences and then the Privacy tab
2) Next to "Firefox will:", select the "Use custom settings for history" option and hit the "Exceptions" button.
3) Enter "wsj.com", then hit "Block"... "www.wsj.com", "Block"... "blogs.wsj.com", "Block".
4) Close the windows and you should be all set. Note: You may need to re-start the browser for the settings to take effect.
Follow this guide to set up cookie exceptions in Chrome:
(look under Make exceptions for cookies from specific websites or domains).