Tags:
None
Aug 16, 2010
212 posts
13 upvotes
Richmond

EB, about upgrading a x360 game to the x1 version

So I just went to my local EB here in Richmond BC
I asked for the upgrade. One guy closely examined the game, then the next guy told me that cannot do that until x1's out tomorrow. I was like ok and thought then why bother to examine the game then...

After leaving the store, I called the customer service. Here is the questionable part, the guy told me that that promotion is not up until tomorrow AND also that game needed to be purchased from them AND I need power edge membership thing to work. I told him I got the game as gift.

So, are all those true?
I forgot to ask the CS guy's name...
4 replies
Sep 22, 2012
154 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I walked in today and upgraded my Cod Ghosts without any questions. The employee checked the game and that was it.

As far as I know, EB Games has been accepting upgrades for about 2 weeks now. I guess the EB you went to had employees who were clueless or wanted to be trolls.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2013
1836 posts
98 upvotes
NORTH YORK
I really don't know why people continue to shop at EB Games when there are so many other retail alternatives that actually put effort into providing good customer service.
Aug 16, 2010
212 posts
13 upvotes
Richmond
SuperGameBoy wrote: I really don't know why people continue to shop at EB Games when there are so many other retail alternatives that actually put effort into providing good customer service.
I know! But it is the only one that offers trade-in and get hardcopy of the game...
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2013
1836 posts
98 upvotes
NORTH YORK
griffon05 wrote: I know! But it is the only one that offers trade-in and get hardcopy of the game...
I'll pay $500 for a regular game at another retailer before I give EB Games 1 cent