Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[EB] Dec 7 - Dec 13 Flyer Trade 10 Games get Vita or PS3 for $20

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2012 1:37 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1378 upvotes
Kanata
Iodine wrote: :rolleyes: We were just pointing out that they've had better deals in the past (and not even that long ago) and there will probably be cheaper, and easier to get deals during Boxing Week.
VanceMendoza wrote: It has nothing to do with that at all. We're saying EB has offered far better deals before and probably will again so this is a waste of time unless you need these consoles right now and have 10 (10!) qualifiers. At least with the other deals if you only had say, 6, you could pay the rest off in cash.
As mentioned, Boxing Week will probably offer much better than this.
This may come as a surprise to you guys, but there's this thing called Christmas that's coming up real soon. It's something that is a pretty big deal for those with families, kids, loved ones, etc. :rolleyes:

There will always be better deals, and it's very common to have had better deals in the past even. So what? I realize there is a large, pasty-faced RFD contingent that never needs to consider others, but still....
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
1222 posts
526 upvotes
Whitby
LOL I got my vita using a Trade5 deal at Futureshop. I'm sure that EB's qualifiers are not that good to make this deal worthwhile. Move along folks, it's a rip-off.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
2217 posts
952 upvotes
Toronto
strawberry9999 wrote: LOL I got my vita using a Trade5 deal at Futureshop. I'm sure that EB's qualifiers are not that good to make this deal worthwhile. Move along folks, it's a rip-off.
I paid something in the range of $50-$70 buying cheap qualifiers for my vita via the previous T10 deal at EB, if the qualifiers are $8+ again, it might definitely be worth it. T5 at FS required as much cash on top as I paid total for the qualifiers.

I don't know why people are complaining, if it's for $8 qualifiers, then this is even better than what you used to get: $25/qualifier is what we've always gotten at EB, now there's another $30 off on top. Seems like a good deal to me, especially if you're looking for a 3G vita (which has its MSRP at $299). Old deals were T2+10 for a $60 game and everyone was happy with that: 5 new games at $60 = $300, that's 5x(T2+10) = 10 games + $50. Here it's 10 games + $20 for the same value, how is this not better?
Banned
Dec 18, 2011
3995 posts
977 upvotes
Mississauga
How is this a better deal? Amazon has the Vita with AC3 for $180. It also came with 3 months of PSN Plus (which would have got you Uncharted, Little Deviants, and a couple of other games).

Not to mention the bundled games suck and 3G connectivity isn't worth it at all.
Banned
Dec 18, 2011
3995 posts
977 upvotes
Mississauga
strawberry9999 wrote: LOL I got my vita using a Trade5 deal at Futureshop. I'm sure that EB's qualifiers are not that good to make this deal worthwhile. Move along folks, it's a rip-off.
Wasn't that deal 5 + $100? That wasn't so hot either tbh.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
2217 posts
952 upvotes
Toronto
PozzyD wrote: How is this a better deal? Amazon has the Vita with AC3 for $180. It also came with 3 months of PSN Plus (which would have got you Uncharted, Little Deviants, and a couple of other games).

Not to mention the bundled games suck and 3G connectivity isn't worth it at all.
I don't need 3G, but obviously there's a market for it or they wouldn't release one, this is probably the cheapest way to get one. If I could find qualifiers in the same range as last time, I would end up paying 70-90 for one, that's a pretty good deal. That's even a good price for a PS3.

Would you complain if EB reintroduced T2+10? Given that games drop to $40 about a month after release? If not, then why complain about being able to get a Wifi Vita cheaper than a 3G Vita?
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
1310 posts
366 upvotes
Anyone know where to find some cheap qualifiers looking to get this deal for my nephew for xmas any will help
Thanks
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
1361 posts
209 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: I think everyone has missed the most important question, could they have found a lower resolution photo of a PS3/Vita?
First thing I noticed!!! :lol:
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
Captain Snazzypants wrote: The Entitlement Generation strikes again... :facepalm:
no we're just realistic on how bad the 8 dollar list is now
joeyl wrote: I don't know why people are complaining, if it's for $8 qualifiers, then this is even better than what you used to get: $25/qualifier is what we've always gotten at EB, now there's another $30 off on top. Seems like a good deal to me
but 8 dollars is the new 15 dollars when it comes to eb qualifiers. someone posted a big list of recent games that didn't qualify and that brought me back to earth real fast
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2012
3479 posts
609 upvotes
Nova Scotia
fightbriz wrote: I think everyone has missed the most important question, could they have found a lower resolution photo of a PS3/Vita?
lol seriously, I don't think they could if they tried.
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1378 upvotes
Kanata
JackWhyte wrote: no we're just realistic on how bad the 8 dollar list is now
THAT is a good point - it's not as easy, for sure. Still, it's ~ $31.xx tax-in credit for each title, so as long as you can get qualifiers for less than that you're ahead of the game. Obviously, if people don't need this right away or for XMAS, it's better to wait. Someone mentioned a similar deal with the $25 bump for each title towards a PS3 unit which is probably better since you can just pay out the difference, and you can get another bundle - I don't like the new super slims much, and they seem more cheaply made.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
what we need is a continuing list of qualifying games that would sneak under the radar and might be sitting in our backlogs. I am an xbox gamer but I might go for this just for the 1 year of psn. just play free games for a year whihc is worth it if I have enough games
Dec 14, 2011
271 posts
139 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Just dance 3 is worth 13 for ps3 and I believe it should qualify as well for xbox and wii
Staples has the ps3 and xbox version on clr for 19.97 with some stores doing 25-50% off for clr YMMV
The wii copy is 11.47 http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_s ... xedcode=WW

worth a shot on those as I am sure they can be had for cheap
Selling: MTG Grim Tutor $200 obo; very rare vintage card
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2012
3479 posts
609 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Price error on their site lol.

Main page ad says Transformers:WFC = $29, but everywhere else they say it's $39.

It was still cheaper at walmart during blackfriday though ($19).
Banned
Mar 20, 2011
1324 posts
822 upvotes
Bowmanville
I just got home from taking advantage of this deal. Paid about $90- $10 for the system, $80 in taxes. This is valid on all of their PS3s. I got the 500gb with a year of PS+ for free. Kind of wanted the Assassin's Creed 3 bundle, but PS+ is a better deal.

Surprise qualifiers: Tomb Raider Trilogy(PS3)
Tetris DS (DS obv)
Borderlands GOTY (X360)
Super Mario bros DS

They will also allow you to use any other trades towards it- you're not restricted to X amount of store credit and the rest must be cash or anything. Anyway, I'm glad they did this, my PS3 literally died 2 days ago after serving me faithfully for over 4 years.
You just proved signatures work!

Now who would go and edit my signature for no valid reason, especially as it never violated any of the posted terms.... :lol:
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
1222 posts
526 upvotes
Whitby
joeyl wrote: I paid something in the range of $50-$70 buying cheap qualifiers for my vita via the previous T10 deal at EB, if the qualifiers are $8+ again, it might definitely be worth it. T5 at FS required as much cash on top as I paid total for the qualifiers.

I don't know why people are complaining, if it's for $8 qualifiers, then this is even better than what you used to get: $25/qualifier is what we've always gotten at EB, now there's another $30 off on top. Seems like a good deal to me, especially if you're looking for a 3G vita (which has its MSRP at $299). Old deals were T2+10 for a $60 game and everyone was happy with that: 5 new games at $60 = $300, that's 5x(T2+10) = 10 games + $50. Here it's 10 games + $20 for the same value, how is this not better?
PozzyD wrote: Wasn't that deal 5 + $100? That wasn't so hot either tbh.
My qualifiers cost me about 70 bucks or so, and yeah I just realized it was T5+50

But this was about a month after the vita launch, so I'd say it was well worth it.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
2217 posts
952 upvotes
Toronto
JackWhyte wrote: but 8 dollars is the new 15 dollars when it comes to eb qualifiers. someone posted a big list of recent games that didn't qualify and that brought me back to earth real fast
I haven't traded at EB for a while since FS has been so much better lately, so I don't know how their qualifier list looks, I would have thought it would be better than it was when the had T2+10 because they're not getting in as many $8 games as they used to. Over the summer they had stupid titles on it like Halo 3 and ODST, which were at that time being cleared out by TS at $5. But yeah if the list sucks then you have a point that this may not be a great deal.
nowsleepy wrote: I just got home from taking advantage of this deal. Paid about $90- $10 for the system, $80 in taxes. This is valid on all of their PS3s. I got the 500gb with a year of PS+ for free. Kind of wanted the Assassin's Creed 3 bundle, but PS+ is a better deal.

Surprise qualifiers: Tomb Raider Trilogy(PS3)
Tetris DS (DS obv)
Borderlands GOTY (X360)
Super Mario bros DS

They will also allow you to use any other trades towards it- you're not restricted to X amount of store credit and the rest must be cash or anything. Anyway, I'm glad they did this, my PS3 literally died 2 days ago after serving me faithfully for over 4 years.
OTOH, this proves my point about being able to get cheap qualifiers...
Oct 22, 2006
304 posts
34 upvotes
Edmonton
nowsleepy wrote:
Surprise qualifiers:
Borderlands GOTY (X360)
Wow that is surprising.. I'll definitely use mine. Thanks for the heads up.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
8010 posts
4747 upvotes
Montreal
nowsleepy wrote: I got the 500gb with a year of PS+ for free..
Thanks for sharing qualifiers and your experience.

How many games did you trade to get it for "free"? Did you have to pay + $20 (and trade 10 games) or where you allowed to trade 12 games (12 X $25 = $300 price tag ) ?
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
joeyl wrote: OTOH, this proves my point about being able to get cheap qualifiers...
of course there are cheap qualifiers it's just that not everyone would want to take a crate full of games down to find out.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)