Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1373 upvotes
Kanata
JackWhyte wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 9:50 am
no we're just realistic on how bad the 8 dollar list is now
THAT is a good point - it's not as easy, for sure. Still, it's ~ $31.xx tax-in credit for each title, so as long as you can get qualifiers for less than that you're ahead of the game. Obviously, if people don't need this right away or for XMAS, it's better to wait. Someone mentioned a similar deal with the $25 bump for each title towards a PS3 unit which is probably better since you can just pay out the difference, and you can get another bundle - I don't like the new super slims much, and they seem more cheaply made.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 19, 2012
9988 posts
1633 upvotes
Montreal
what we need is a continuing list of qualifying games that would sneak under the radar and might be sitting in our backlogs. I am an xbox gamer but I might go for this just for the 1 year of psn. just play free games for a year whihc is worth it if I have enough games
Dec 14, 2011
271 posts
139 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Just dance 3 is worth 13 for ps3 and I believe it should qualify as well for xbox and wii
Staples has the ps3 and xbox version on clr for 19.97 with some stores doing 25-50% off for clr YMMV
The wii copy is 11.47 http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_s ... xedcode=WW

worth a shot on those as I am sure they can be had for cheap
Selling: MTG Grim Tutor $200 obo; very rare vintage card
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2012
3473 posts
609 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Price error on their site lol.

Main page ad says Transformers:WFC = $29, but everywhere else they say it's $39.

It was still cheaper at walmart during blackfriday though ($19).
Banned
Mar 20, 2011
1324 posts
820 upvotes
Bowmanville
I just got home from taking advantage of this deal. Paid about $90- $10 for the system, $80 in taxes. This is valid on all of their PS3s. I got the 500gb with a year of PS+ for free. Kind of wanted the Assassin's Creed 3 bundle, but PS+ is a better deal.

Surprise qualifiers: Tomb Raider Trilogy(PS3)
Tetris DS (DS obv)
Borderlands GOTY (X360)
Super Mario bros DS

They will also allow you to use any other trades towards it- you're not restricted to X amount of store credit and the rest must be cash or anything. Anyway, I'm glad they did this, my PS3 literally died 2 days ago after serving me faithfully for over 4 years.
You just proved signatures work!

Now who would go and edit my signature for no valid reason, especially as it never violated any of the posted terms.... :lol:
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
1145 posts
292 upvotes
Whitby
joeyl wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 2:16 am
I paid something in the range of $50-$70 buying cheap qualifiers for my vita via the previous T10 deal at EB, if the qualifiers are $8+ again, it might definitely be worth it. T5 at FS required as much cash on top as I paid total for the qualifiers.

I don't know why people are complaining, if it's for $8 qualifiers, then this is even better than what you used to get: $25/qualifier is what we've always gotten at EB, now there's another $30 off on top. Seems like a good deal to me, especially if you're looking for a 3G vita (which has its MSRP at $299). Old deals were T2+10 for a $60 game and everyone was happy with that: 5 new games at $60 = $300, that's 5x(T2+10) = 10 games + $50. Here it's 10 games + $20 for the same value, how is this not better?
PozzyD wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 2:39 am
Wasn't that deal 5 + $100? That wasn't so hot either tbh.
My qualifiers cost me about 70 bucks or so, and yeah I just realized it was T5+50

But this was about a month after the vita launch, so I'd say it was well worth it.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
2123 posts
879 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 9:50 am
but 8 dollars is the new 15 dollars when it comes to eb qualifiers. someone posted a big list of recent games that didn't qualify and that brought me back to earth real fast
I haven't traded at EB for a while since FS has been so much better lately, so I don't know how their qualifier list looks, I would have thought it would be better than it was when the had T2+10 because they're not getting in as many $8 games as they used to. Over the summer they had stupid titles on it like Halo 3 and ODST, which were at that time being cleared out by TS at $5. But yeah if the list sucks then you have a point that this may not be a great deal.
nowsleepy wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 1:00 pm
I just got home from taking advantage of this deal. Paid about $90- $10 for the system, $80 in taxes. This is valid on all of their PS3s. I got the 500gb with a year of PS+ for free. Kind of wanted the Assassin's Creed 3 bundle, but PS+ is a better deal.

Surprise qualifiers: Tomb Raider Trilogy(PS3)
Tetris DS (DS obv)
Borderlands GOTY (X360)
Super Mario bros DS

They will also allow you to use any other trades towards it- you're not restricted to X amount of store credit and the rest must be cash or anything. Anyway, I'm glad they did this, my PS3 literally died 2 days ago after serving me faithfully for over 4 years.
OTOH, this proves my point about being able to get cheap qualifiers...
Oct 22, 2006
304 posts
34 upvotes
Edmonton
nowsleepy wrote:

Surprise qualifiers:
Borderlands GOTY (X360)
Wow that is surprising.. I'll definitely use mine. Thanks for the heads up.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2008
4964 posts
953 upvotes
Montreal
nowsleepy wrote:
I got the 500gb with a year of PS+ for free..
Thanks for sharing qualifiers and your experience.

How many games did you trade to get it for "free"? Did you have to pay + $20 (and trade 10 games) or where you allowed to trade 12 games (12 X $25 = $300 price tag ) ?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 19, 2012
9988 posts
1633 upvotes
Montreal
joeyl wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 1:20 pm
OTOH, this proves my point about being able to get cheap qualifiers...
of course there are cheap qualifiers it's just that not everyone would want to take a crate full of games down to find out.
Jan 7, 2009
837 posts
83 upvotes
Black Friday PS3 bundle was $199 and Vita bundle was $179. This deal is freezing.
"Because ten billion years' time is so fragile, so ephemeral... it arouses such a bittersweet, almost heartbreaking fondness."
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
2123 posts
879 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 1:45 pm
of course there are cheap qualifiers it's just that not everyone would want to take a crate full of games down to find out.
Yeah last time, tivs.ca was more up to date I think or it was somehow posted in the thread (can't remember), but I got my list somewhere :)
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2008
4964 posts
953 upvotes
Montreal
TidalDreams wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 2:00 pm
Black Friday PS3 bundle was $199 and Vita bundle was $179. This deal is freezing.
You can get 10 qualifiers for way less than that (even if you pay +$20 or +$50 for a PS3).

Depends on the time you are ready to invest.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2008
4964 posts
953 upvotes
Montreal
joeyl wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 2:01 pm
Yeah last time, tivs.ca was more up to date I think or it was somehow posted in the thread (can't remember), but I got my list somewhere :)
Deals on $8+ TIV are getting rare at EB. (and $15 TIV games are so rare it's not worth trading them typically).... so less incentive for people to keep tivs.ca up to date.
Aug 11, 2012
127 posts
32 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
I'm looking at getting the Vita. However, I don't understand this bundle. There are two games that come with the bundle... but they're digital downloads? This bundle doesn't include a memory card!

I'm not even going to touch the "3G" on it.
× < >