Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

1 year ps plus and controller $99.99 @ eb games.

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2017 5:01 pm
Oct 20, 2009
300 posts
628 upvotes
North Bay

[EB Games] 1 year ps plus and controller $99.99 @ eb games.

Buy a year ps plus membership and a controller for $99.99

You can also bundle a controller with horizon zero dawn to get it for $99.99

Look on their weekly ad
64 replies
Nov 7, 2008
543 posts
322 upvotes
Vancouver
The PS Plus membership with a controller is definitely hot. Not so much with the Horizon Zero Dawn and controller bundle, though.

E.g., At The Source, the same game ($59.99) and and a Dualshock 4 controller ($74.99) would be $134.98 before taxes. However, I can pricematch the controller with Walmart where it's going for $60.96. Then I can further bring down the price by applying an easily obtained $25 off $100 purchase coupon from signing up for The Source email newsletter. The total would be $95.95 plus tax (and environmental handling fees, I live in BC so it was an extra $0.50 for the controller).

Of course, it's a bit more work having to sign up for the newsletter to get the coupon and talk to the cashier, and technically the $25 off $100 coupon has fine print stating "cannot be combined with any other offer", but I've been able to pricematch and apply the $25 off $100 coupon on the same purchase often enough that it's not a problem for me. The advantage of this is that you can do this with any game that The Source has available for sale, and potentially can cost as low as ~$75+tax if you buy a $40 game to go with the $60 pricematched controller. All you need to do is hit the $100 required to get the $25 discount. That and if the Source has a game that another shop has for a lower price, you can pricematch the game as well.
Apr 22, 2017
172 posts
182 upvotes
I don't see it on the flyer .
Ps plus + controller , only horizon + controller is on the flyer
Nov 23, 2014
445 posts
229 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Oddjob87 wrote: I don't see it on the flyer .
Same, I only see the Horizon + Controller.

Decent deal if PS Plus + Controller for 99 does exist.
Nov 13, 2016
445 posts
222 upvotes
I dont see it either. Can anyone else confirm this please?
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1743 posts
1521 upvotes
St Catharines
Zerosystem wrote: The PS Plus membership with a controller is definitely hot. Not so much with the Horizon Zero Dawn and controller bundle, though.

E.g., At The Source, the same game ($59.99) and and a Dualshock 4 controller ($74.99) would be $134.98 before taxes. However, I can pricematch the controller with Walmart where it's going for $60.96. Then I can further bring down the price by applying an easily obtained $25 off $100 purchase coupon from signing up for The Source email newsletter. The total would be $95.95 plus tax (and environmental handling fees, I live in BC so it was an extra $0.50 for the controller).

Of course, it's a bit more work having to sign up for the newsletter to get the coupon and talk to the cashier, and technically the $25 off $100 coupon has fine print stating "cannot be combined with any other offer", but I've been able to pricematch and apply the $25 off $100 coupon on the same purchase often enough that it's not a problem for me. The advantage of this is that you can do this with any game that The Source has available for sale, and potentially can cost as low as ~$75+tax if you buy a $40 game to go with the $60 pricematched controller. All you need to do is hit the $100 required to get the $25 discount. That and if the Source has a game that another shop has for a lower price, you can pricematch the game as well.
Honestly, this is way too much work for a $4 plus tax savings. Plus, you'll likely have to sit through the Source rep's game of Bell 20 Questions if you happen to pull out your phone while you're there.
Dec 8, 2016
9 posts
2 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Does EB charge tax on PS Plus?
Dec 3, 2010
437 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
tonedcarrot wrote: I dont see it either. Can anyone else confirm this please?
Its on ebgames weekly email.. Maybe they have it on the website ?
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16984 posts
9310 upvotes
London
Can confirm that controller + ps+ is in their email

Nov 7, 2008
543 posts
322 upvotes
Vancouver
daddyho24 wrote: Honestly, this is way too much work for a $4 plus tax savings. Plus, you'll likely have to sit through the Source rep's game of Bell 20 Questions if you happen to pull out your phone while you're there.
That's why I point out that you can do this with any game. I'm not interested in Horizon Zero Dawn for example, so I picked up Gravity Rush 2 with a DS4 controller this way for ~$85 + tax. What's the "Bell 20 questions"? I always have my phone out, that's how I show them the $25 off $100 coupon.
Oct 31, 2007
310 posts
161 upvotes
Winnipeg
daddyho24 wrote: Honestly, this is way too much work for a $4 plus tax savings. Plus, you'll likely have to sit through the Source rep's game of Bell 20 Questions if you happen to pull out your phone while you're there.
could not agree more!
Apr 29, 2014
116 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
I just called two of my local EB games and they don't know about this promotion...weird, I was about to go but now they said they have to figure out first and told me not to go just yet.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
1352 posts
281 upvotes
Oddjob87 wrote: I don't see it on the flyer .
I didn't see it online but just verified in store that both promos are running.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7407 posts
6683 upvotes
Toronto
They aren't charging tax on the PS+ card, are they? (99+tax) or is it split $50+$50(tax)
Koodo Mobile
Nov 13, 2016
445 posts
222 upvotes
Said212 wrote: They aren't charging tax on the PS+ card, are they? (99+tax) or is it split $50+$50(tax)
Good question.
Feb 11, 2017
12 posts
20 upvotes
I just bought it from my local EB Games in Calgary.
Images
  • IMG_6865.JPG copy.png