Expired Hot Deals

[EB Games] $200 trade-in towards Xbox One X for PS4 or XOne

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2017 4:26 pm
Mar 31, 2006
129 posts
143 upvotes
Coquitlam
So I did the deal with my old Xbox One White OG. Walked in checked all the cables and see if it turned on. Gave me my $200 off, paid, walked out. Deal actually ended up being better then I expected.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1003 posts
471 upvotes
Pr0matic wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 8:08 pm
$205 for a XB1 S 2TB.. Am I reading this correctly?
NightRain wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 11:25 pm
Yes. $237.50 with onyx bonus.
I believe Pr0matic is surprised you traded in a 2 TB console. Might have been better to swap a 500GB hdd in and keep the 2TB?
PSN: Freedom_G20
Dec 26, 2006
11 posts
11 upvotes
Traded my white OG Xbox One as well. They checked the contents and gave me my $200, didn't bother testing or anything. What surprised me was when the clerk asked me if I wanted the regular version or the Project Scorpio model. Well, I'm happy with my little green letter Xbox One X, played Forza 7 and Gears on my 4K TV, nice.
Nov 13, 2003
381 posts
25 upvotes
Pr0matic wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 9:09 pm
So I did the deal with my old Xbox One White OG. Walked in checked all the cables and see if it turned on. Gave me my $200 off, paid, walked out. Deal actually ended up being better then I expected.
I'm guessing you went to Coquitlam Centre, happen to know if they had any left?

JL
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2002
4220 posts
1183 upvotes
FreedomG20 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 9:24 pm
I believe Pr0matic is surprised you traded in a 2 TB console. Might have been better to swap a 500GB hdd in and keep the 2TB?
I didn't need the storage space. It will be used 95% of the time for media viewing only.

For $82.49 I got a new controller (traded in launch day xbox one controller), Shadow of War, Assassin's Creed, Origins, a new warranty and a month of gamepass.

Worked for me. Best I could have done locally was $275-300. Considering I got $273.50 after factoring taxes I can live with the deal. I've seen 2TB systems, including red gears one, listed around $300-325 for past few weeks unsold.
That's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Mar 31, 2006
129 posts
143 upvotes
Coquitlam
JL23 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 9:29 pm
I'm guessing you went to Coquitlam Centre, happen to know if they had any left?

JL
I went over to the one at Lougheed Mall, they got alot apparently.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
4505 posts
189 upvotes
North York
The GTA is basically sold out for 'walk-in' sales. Was fortunate enough to find some stock in the west end of Mississauga but everywhere outside of the city centre is out. Almost every single store told me that they most likely won't be getting a shipment until next week, in the end I think I ended calling about a dozen stores give or take. No issues with the trade in, they didn't even check to see if my One S turned on which was surprising but oh well. I guess if your phat Xbox One is nearing its end, this would definitely be a good time to jump in.

I'm genuinely surprised that even regular editions are hard to find. Apparently it doesn't have to do with them selling like hot cakes, its just that stores were basically just shipped pre-orders only with very little (if any at all) extra units.

Also, just a heads up guys, and perhaps take this with a grain of salt since its not something that I can confirm independently, but according to one EB store I spoke to today, head office has decided that they won't be extending this promotion out from its original end date.

Part of the reason? EB has been flooded with used consoles. I don't know if its related to this promo directly but from what the store I spoke to told me, they found out today that it won't go past 11/12 and EB having piles of consoles is supposedly one of the reasons.

Now all that being said, I definitely wouldn't be surprised at all if they bring it back soon, perhaps even for Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend.

Join the RedFlagDeals Club on Xbox Live!

Heatware
[72 - 0 - 0]
Sep 15, 2014
754 posts
125 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Dark-Colonel wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 11:45 pm
The GTA is basically sold out for 'walk-in' sales. Was fortunate enough to find some stock in the west end of Mississauga but everywhere outside of the city centre is out. Almost every single store told me that they most likely won't be getting a shipment until next week, in the end I think I ended calling about a dozen stores give or take. No issues with the trade in, they didn't even check to see if my One S turned on which was surprising but oh well. I guess if your phat Xbox One is nearing its end, this would definitely be a good time to jump in.

I'm genuinely surprised that even regular editions are hard to find. Apparently it doesn't have to do with them selling like hot cakes, its just that stores were basically just shipped pre-orders only with very little (if any at all) extra units.

Also, just a heads up guys, and perhaps take this with a grain of salt since its not something that I can confirm independently, but according to one EB store I spoke to today, head office has decided that they won't be extending this promotion out from its original end date.

Part of the reason? EB has been flooded with used consoles. I don't know if its related to this promo directly but from what the store I spoke to told me, they found out today that it won't go past 11/12 and EB having piles of consoles is supposedly one of the reasons.

Now all that being said, I definitely wouldn't be surprised at all if they bring it back soon, perhaps even for Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend.
Does this mean if you haven't got one yet it's too late for this deal?
Are you able to say, trade in your console now and get the new one next week (pita, but if that's what it takes..)
Cell phones: Zoomer Wireless, Fido.
Credit Cards: Amex Business Gold, Amex SPG

Aggressively collecting SPG points..
Jan 5, 2017
111 posts
56 upvotes
TheImp wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 1:46 am
Does this mean if you haven't got one yet it's too late for this deal?
Are you able to say, trade in your console now and get the new one next week (pita, but if that's what it takes..)
Why don't you give your closest Eb games a call and ask them if they are taking pre orders for the next batch.
Aug 13, 2011
795 posts
151 upvotes
So for those who got an Xbox One X and have tried it out are you happy with it? Worth the extra cash?
Sep 12, 2016
252 posts
78 upvotes
Ottawa
strippedaway wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:02 am
So for those who got an Xbox One X and have tried it out are you happy with it? Worth the extra cash?
So far so good, coming from the OG Xbox One. First time using 4k on my Haier TV (bought it in preparation for this)
I like the smaller form factor and side venting and the fact it was way easy to transfer from other Xbox. I doubt I'll be using the vertical stands with my current setups. It's even noticeably better on my old tv in the bedroom that only does 1080p. All in all, happy with my purchases.

On topic : sucks, but makes sense they may end the deal due to the influx of consoles. I know I was waiting specifically for this to return at release to do the deal, I'm sure there were many others that didn't want to be without console for a month.
Oct 1, 2006
570 posts
45 upvotes
Ottawa & Brampto…
strippedaway wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:02 am
Definitely, games are looking amazing on my KS8000.
"And if you don't know, now you know"
Apr 23, 2014
34 posts
35 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Called around and the deal is basically dead. Expires this weekend and no consoles are expected until next week maybe. Not sure if they underestimated the demand or limited supply of this promotion.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2788 posts
330 upvotes
Can't believe Microsoft didn't have any promotions.
Apr 23, 2014
34 posts
35 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Here’s hoping for Microsoft to step it up at Black Friday or Christmas for a trade-in program