[EB Games] $200 trade-in towards Xbox One X for PS4 or XOne

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2017 4:26 pm
Nov 6, 2017
3 posts
5 upvotes
ProjectOverload wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 10:42 am
Called around and the deal is basically dead. Expires this weekend and no consoles are expected until next week maybe. Not sure if they underestimated the demand or limited supply of this promotion.
Have you tried calling the dundas square location? On Wednesday they said they had a bunch of them cause they're the flagship store.
Aug 13, 2011
790 posts
151 upvotes
lyricidal wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:24 am
So far so good, coming from the OG Xbox One. First time using 4k on my Haier TV (bought it in preparation for this)
I like the smaller form factor and side venting and the fact it was way easy to transfer from other Xbox. I doubt I'll be using the vertical stands with my current setups. It's even noticeably better on my old tv in the bedroom that only does 1080p. All in all, happy with my purchases.

On topic : sucks, but makes sense they may end the deal due to the influx of consoles. I know I was waiting specifically for this to return at release to do the deal, I'm sure there were many others that didn't want to be without console for a month.
cknewdeal wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 10:32 am
Definitely, games are looking amazing on my KS8000.
Thanks for the replies. I decided to go through with my order. Should arrive next week.
Nov 9, 2017
1 posts
Dark-Colonel wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 11:45 pm
The GTA is basically sold out for 'walk-in' sales
I actually got a Scorpio Edition yesterday at the Eaton Centre downtown location and they said they had more standard editions as of 4pm ish. Really happy to have gotten $200 for my XB1 in trade. Now all I need is a 4K tv...
Sep 26, 2010
551 posts
55 upvotes
strippedaway wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:02 am
So for those who got an Xbox One X and have tried it out are you happy with it? Worth the extra cash?
It's worth it. I'm keeping it for sure. I always wondered why PC gamers were so enthusiastic about graphics settings and now I know why. It is glorious in 4k, quick, and smooth. Happy to have traded in my One for the X. Even original xbox and 360 games like Ninja Gaiden Black and Gears 3 look incredible. The engineering on it is marvellous.
ProjectOverload wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 10:42 am
Called around and the deal is basically dead. Expires this weekend and no consoles are expected until next week maybe. Not sure if they underestimated the demand or limited supply of this promotion.
Try the EB near toronto eaton centre on dundas. I got mine day 2 no problem, walk in.
Nov 10, 2006
3 posts
Just walk in to EB near eaton centre they have 4 left as of 3:45pm

catpurrcat wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 2:18 pm
It's worth it. I'm keeping it for sure. I always wondered why PC gamers were so enthusiastic about graphics settings and now I know why. It is glorious in 4k, quick, and smooth. Happy to have traded in my One for the X. Even original xbox and 360 games like Ninja Gaiden Black and Gears 3 look incredible. The engineering on it is marvellous.

Try the EB near toronto eaton centre on dundas. I got mine day 2 no problem, walk in.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2005
2081 posts
226 upvotes
ncr
catpurrcat wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 2:18 pm

I'm debating exactly that. i got a ps4 pro and a xbox one s, using 1s mainly for watching uhd and ps4 pro for games since ps4 pro beats 1s in performance. But now with 1x out, i have been reading everywhere that 1x beats ps4 in graphics, framerates and its native 4k (instead of dynamic resolution and checkerboards in ps4 pro)
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
4496 posts
184 upvotes
North York
TheImp wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 1:46 am
Does this mean if you haven't got one yet it's too late for this deal?
Are you able to say, trade in your console now and get the new one next week (pita, but if that's what it takes..)
For this particular round it may be too late, yes. Unless you can find a store that has stock, you won't be able to do the trade/deal.

However, I would suggest calling around every day until Sunday. Some stores did put stock on hold for customers but typically those holds only last for 48 hours. If I recall correctly, hardware pre-order guarantees are for 5 days so you may get lucky for Sunday and find some EBs willing to let them go (probably more likely if its a non-Scorpion edition).

I only said that the GTA is basically out of stock and as others have mentioned, Dundas Square has some stock available. I wouldn't really worry about it even if you don't get it this time around, I'm sure the promo will come back at some point before the end of the year.
strippedaway wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:02 am
So for those who got an Xbox One X and have tried it out are you happy with it? Worth the extra cash?
Absolutely. I have an LG OLED 65B7 (2017) and even though I had the One S, I still notice a big improvement, especially for games that support HDR.

1st party MS games are without question where you'll see it the biggest improvements. Forza 7 looks significantly better on the One X as its basically the one big game they have been showcasing the changes on. I haven't tried Gears 4 or Halo 5 but I've read those two also have big improvements. I also played the CoD WWII campaign and its noticeably sharper and smoother and it makes the game look overall stunning. Other 3rd party titles with good improvements are Titanfall 2 and AC: Origins but I haven't tried them yet (don't own AC: Origins yet).

Oh and also, the system as a whole feels supper snappy with no delays whatsoever transitioning between menus, apps and games. Its kinda sad if you think about it, MS needed to release this system for their OS to "shine" (personal opinions on the UI notwithstanding).

Join the RedFlagDeals Club on Xbox Live!

Heatware
[72 - 0 - 0]
Sep 15, 2014
751 posts
125 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Dead deal.
No stock and can't trade in old one now and get new one later.
Cell phones: Zoomer Wireless, Fido.
Credit Cards: Amex Business Gold, Amex SPG

Aggressively collecting SPG points..
Feb 14, 2007
479 posts
88 upvotes
Bestbuy have a trade in and get up to $200 for your old console towards Xbox one x I’m assuming 200 for PS4 and old Xbox one it doesn’t say anywhere and there’s still some stocks around. I walked in without preorder and got a Scorpio edition but didn’t ask about the trade in coz I found out later.
Feb 5, 2008
796 posts
165 upvotes
Fraser Valley
wai_lai416 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 7:31 pm
Bestbuy have a trade in and get up to $200 for your old console towards Xbox one x I’m assuming 200 for PS4 and old Xbox one it doesn’t say anywhere and there’s still some stocks around. I walked in without preorder and got a Scorpio edition but didn’t ask about the trade in coz I found out later.
Can you post a link to the promo? I can't find this anywhere on bestbuy.ca
Jan 12, 2010
566 posts
62 upvotes
scorpionx23x wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:18 pm
Can i trade my xbox 360 or ps3?
Did you even bother reading the title? XBOX ONE OR PS4
Jan 5, 2017
109 posts
55 upvotes
Anyone get or is planing to get the extended warranty? I wouldn't get it from EB games.

You can get it from the Microsoft store for $49 for 3 years and they also give you up to two controller replacements. You can take your xbox with power cable and controller to the store to be inspected and I believe you have 45 days from the time you bought it to get the warranty. When I called the store location they mentioned giving xbox support a call and they may do it over the phone but the store employee wasn't to sure.
Feb 5, 2008
796 posts
165 upvotes
Fraser Valley
Mart99 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:29 pm
Anyone get or is planing to get the extended warranty? I wouldn't get it from EB games.

You can get it from the Microsoft store for $49 for 3 years and they also give you up to two controller replacements. You can take your xbox with power cable and controller to the store to be inspected and I believe you have 45 days from the time you bought it to get the warranty. When I called the store location they mentioned giving xbox support a call and they may do it over the phone but the store employee wasn't to sure.
Or you can purchase at Costco and have lifetime warranty included
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
8307 posts
1797 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
FrostyButters wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:39 pm
Or you can purchase at Costco and have lifetime warranty included
Electronics, 90 days return policy. After that, paid extended warranty, but I doubt its lifetime