Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

Battlefield V PS4/XBO Save $30 Discount EB Games $50 (Reg. $80)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2018 1:33 pm
May 4, 2015
185 posts
42 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: There's no actual bonus, if you add it to your cart it just says "Battlefield V".

Side note, does this still have a $50 TIV?
Yes they do, I trade mine for ps store card and buy a digital version at $48 on psn.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
Thanks OP. I'm going to skip this one, but a deal's a deal! upvoted.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
WayneEnterprise wrote: I thought PS2 games were overpriced. But today, most games open at $80+. Good times!
Accounting for inflation (and the Canadian dollar), aren't games roughly the same price today that they were for PS2 games back in the day?
Oct 28, 2017
93 posts
58 upvotes
MikeB84225 wrote: There are 4 story modes, one is not out yet but all future DLC is included with this BFV so they wont be splitting the playerbase from special maps/modes...etc

I picked this up two days ago on PC for $39 ($41.99 after tax)

Wait?? My buddy said he got the patch/story mode on Wednesday.

I would imagine Origin to address that on PC 1st before console as that is their majority market from what I understand. Isn't the player base:

Origin
Sony
Microsoft
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2017
1119 posts
847 upvotes
Westmount, QC
M1GOmigs wrote: IIRC didn't they extend BFV for a month? If so, then it should still be $50 til Sunday

doesnt seems here
https://www.ebgames.ca/playdoffers/Index

Guaranteed $50 Trade Credit
For select new releases priced $69.99 and higher, customers are guaranteed to get $50 for them, up to two weeks after launch

JUST CAUSE 4
PERSONA 3 DANCING MOONLIGHT
PERSONA 3 DANCING STARLIGHT
SUPER SMASH BROS ULTIMATE NSW
***JUST CAUSE 4 & SUPER SMASH BROS will be extended Guaranteed $50 for 30 days!***

Please note, some release dates & prices are subject to change.

Run dates: Dec 3rd - Jan 6th
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
2204 posts
3203 upvotes
HOBBS72 wrote: I actually wouldn't be surprised.

Someone made their points last week in another thread on why this game bombed, so I won't repeat it.

EA/DICE really messed up huge with this one though.
Sales numbers aren't even out. Someone claiming the game bombed is full of salty shit. Sales happen with games all the time, regardless of how they are performing.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2018
1393 posts
1496 upvotes
HOBBS72 wrote: Wait?? My buddy said he got the patch/story mode on Wednesday.

I would imagine Origin to address that on PC 1st before console as that is their majority market from what I understand. Isn't the player base:

Origin
Sony
Microsoft

Maybe it came out? I played the intro and training and nothing else so I never got a chance to see but I just know the last story was coming.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
2396 posts
2417 upvotes
Calgary
User381785 wrote: Sales numbers aren't even out. Someone claiming the game bombed is full of salty shit. Sales happen with games all the time, regardless of how they are performing.
The writing is on the wall. Battlefield physical sales are less than half BF1s in the UK and I have never seen a AAA game with such a sale so fast (Fallout 76 was also a massive bomb but not a AAA game).

EA should have looked at the preorder data and fired all of the people responsible for pushing an agenda. This is almost as bad for EA as Microsoft's XB1 original DRM idea.
Oct 28, 2017
93 posts
58 upvotes
User381785 wrote: Sales numbers aren't even out. Someone claiming the game bombed is full of salty shit. Sales happen with games all the time, regardless of how they are performing.

Sales numbers don't have to be out tbh.

This game bombed hard. Sad that both COD & BF have lost their appeal.

BLOPS 4 and BF5 have both seriously under performed in both pre orders and sales in general.

People still bought, but not at the rate that was the norm in the past.

I don't like a lot of what they did story wise from what I've read, but that's not to say I won't ever buy it either.

I just think even now with the sale, it's still overpriced.
Feb 27, 2011
288 posts
732 upvotes
HOBBS72 wrote: Sales numbers don't have to be out tbh.

This game bombed hard. Sad that both COD & BF have lost their appeal.

BLOPS 4 and BF5 have both seriously under performed in both pre orders and sales in general.

People still bought, but not at the rate that was the norm in the past.

I don't like a lot of what they did story wise from what I've read, but that's not to say I won't ever buy it either.

I just think even now with the sale, it's still overpriced.
U wot m8?

Black Ops 4 was the best selling game of October and instantly became the best selling game of 2018 as well. Black Ops 4, along with RDR2 is responsible for October 2018 being the highest selling October ever tracked by NPD.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/ ... rd-october

On the other hand, we don't have November NPDs yet so one can say how BFV is selling. It doesn't even rank in Xbox Ones Top 10 most played games which can't be a good look.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/store/m ... games/xbox

So no, Call of Duty hasn't lost its appeal. All this information is very easy to find by the way.
Oct 28, 2017
93 posts
58 upvotes
ShinDiFire wrote: U wot m8?

Black Ops 4 was the best selling game of October and instantly became the best selling game of 2018 as well. Black Ops 4, along with RDR2 is responsible for October 2018 being the highest selling October ever tracked by NPD.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/ ... rd-october

On the other hand, we don't have November NPDs yet so one can say how BFV is selling. It doesn't even rank in Xbox Ones Top 10 most played games which can't be a good look.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/store/m ... games/xbox

So no, Call of Duty hasn't lost its appeal. All this information is very easy to find by the way.
I don't have direct numbers, just basing my thoughts on what I've heard from others.

Didn't BLOPS 4 drop their pre order pricing in order to generate more? If it worked, awesome. I had just never seen any major title drop pre order pricing.

No campaign, MP is trash, zombies is kinda fun, but they also promised no season pass. 2 weeks after launch, they dropped a season pass on those who bought it lmao.

Sorry COD, you won't be getting my monies.
Feb 14, 2007
961 posts
316 upvotes
husamus156 wrote: no, the 50$ trade in is two week following the game date launch.
sometimes, they extend it for a month (just cause 4 and super smash bros)
its extended 30 days from launch so yes still 50
Feb 14, 2007
961 posts
316 upvotes
husamus156 wrote: doesnt seems here
https://www.ebgames.ca/playdoffers/Index

Guaranteed $50 Trade Credit
For select new releases priced $69.99 and higher, customers are guaranteed to get $50 for them, up to two weeks after launch

JUST CAUSE 4
PERSONA 3 DANCING MOONLIGHT
PERSONA 3 DANCING STARLIGHT
SUPER SMASH BROS ULTIMATE NSW
***JUST CAUSE 4 & SUPER SMASH BROS will be extended Guaranteed $50 for 30 days!***

Please note, some release dates & prices are subject to change.

Run dates: Dec 3rd - Jan 6th

they only list the new games and they remove the old ones just like fallout pokemon let's go etc still $50
Feb 27, 2011
288 posts
732 upvotes
HOBBS72 wrote: I don't have direct numbers, just basing my thoughts on what I've heard from others.

Didn't BLOPS 4 drop their pre order pricing in order to generate more? If it worked, awesome. I had just never seen any major title drop pre order pricing.

No campaign, MP is trash, zombies is kinda fun, but they also promised no season pass. 2 weeks after launch, they dropped a season pass on those who bought it lmao.

Sorry COD, you won't be getting my monies.
Blackout gives people much more playtime and something to go back to than a 5 hour linear campaign ever could. Each mode is meaty and it never feels lacking in content since each mode is feature packed.

I dont remember any preorder deals unless you mean E3 deals which apply to lots of games. Black Ops 4 never said no season pass either, that was BFV. Though if you have an anti-CoD bias, Blops4 won't change that as its still CoD at the end of the day
Oct 28, 2017
93 posts
58 upvotes
ShinDiFire wrote: Blackout gives people much more playtime and something to go back to than a 5 hour linear campaign ever could. Each mode is meaty and it never feels lacking in content since each mode is feature packed.

I dont remember any preorder deals unless you mean E3 deals which apply to lots of games. Black Ops 4 never said no season pass either, that was BFV. Though if you have an anti-CoD bias, Blops4 won't change that as its still CoD at the end of the day
It was posted on here before launch that pre order pricing dropped.

I'm not a huge fan of zombies, although I've played the 1st 2 BLOPS.

As for season pass? They said it wouldn't be a thing since there was no campaign.

Was a huge fan of the MW series, loved GHOSTS, which I know is odd lol. AW was decent, but exo suits and zombies was a bit much lol. Haven't touched IW as I only picked it up to play MW Remastered as that's still an awesome game.

My co-op partner has BLOPS 4 and hates it, although he did say zombies was super cool. So I'm not anti COD. I'd say I'm 50/50 with both. After Hardline, I swore I'd never pay full price for another BF, and so far, they haven't given me a reason to.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5348 posts
4356 upvotes
wai_lai416 wrote: they only list the new games and they remove the old ones just like fallout pokemon let's go etc still $50
1. Buy for $50 plus tax
2. Trade it in for another copy for $50 tax free
3. Repeat step 2
4. ???
5. Free Onyx
Feb 14, 2007
961 posts
316 upvotes
WL1980 wrote: 1. Buy for $50 plus tax
3. Repeat step 2
4. ???
5. Free Onyx
not really you'll get blacklisted and banned for trading in multiple of the same game
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2017
1221 posts
1347 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP!

I was going to buy this at launch, but this was good timing.

Don't get the downvotes .. it's a valid deal, set the politics aside.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
WL1980 wrote: 1. Buy for $50 plus tax
3. Repeat step 2
4. ???
5. Free Onyx
At 150 points per purchase/trade-in this would take you 80 iterations to accomplish.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)