Hot Deals

[EB Games] Double Edge Discount (10/20/30% off) + 50% extra trade credit towards gift card

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2018 10:49 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
5392 posts
2384 upvotes

[EB Games] Double Edge Discount (10/20/30% off) + 50% extra trade credit towards gift card

Double EDGE Discount: Cannot be combined with any other offers. Get 30% extra trade credit when you trade towards Super Smash Bros Ultimate Switch: Cannot be combined with any other trade offers including Trade 3, Get it Free. Additional trade is only valid on XB1, PS4 & Switch games being traded in. Offer valid only towards games normally accepted in trade. Games must include original cases and artwork. No duplicate titles accepted. Gift of Choice: Cannot be combined with any other trade offers. Additional trade is only valid on XB1, PS4 & Switch games being traded in. Offer valid only towards games normally accepted in trade. Games must include original cases and artwork. No duplicate titles accepted. All offers may be discontinued at any time. Prices are subject to change, Selection may vary by store. Other restrictions may apply. Please see sales associate or www.ebgames.ca/playdoffers page for complete details on all promotions.
114 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2013 posts
398 upvotes
Belle River
I was wondering why I hadn't seen this on RFD, I had to search for it, seems worthy to me, but I guess there's very little interest.

EDIT: I forgot to ask, would this stack on top of those $50 guaranteed titles? Probably not eh? Too much :). I guess it comes down to how that $50 works in the computer, whether it's a base or bumped value.
Aug 27, 2018
1 posts
on black friday, i wanted to trade my old ps4 + 80$ for a new one but they were all sold out.
would this be a good alternative ? or should I wait for a boxing day deal ?
thanks
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
7833 posts
1276 upvotes
Mississauga
hystavito wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 1:23 am
I was wondering why I hadn't seen this on RFD, I had to search for it, seems worthy to me, but I guess there's very little interest.

EDIT: I forgot to ask, would this stack on top of those $50 guaranteed titles? Probably not eh? Too much :). I guess it comes down to how that $50 works in the computer, whether it's a base or bumped value.
Read the op. No.
Jan 31, 2012
461 posts
214 upvotes
Fredericton
Spider-Man still $33 or whatever it was? Wouldn't mind trading that for a $50ish gift card
Nov 26, 2017
121 posts
22 upvotes
What kinds of gift cards do they have?
Seem to be weak once 50% added value directly
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
1130 posts
814 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
zxcai18 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 8:25 am
What kinds of gift cards do they have?
Seem to be weak once 50% added value directly
They have all sorts, including prepaid credit cards (but u also pay activation fee) or McDonalds, Tim. Hortons, ps store Xbox, Harvey's Cara cards, all that stuff. Technically you could even buy an eb gift card and use it right away to buy other stuff (so you get that 50% bump) but remember you lose the tax savings when trading directly to something. (work around, get preorder and cancel later)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
7093 posts
1930 upvotes
Oakville/Toronto
I have a copy of Let's Go Pikachu, and Spider-man, bump up might be better than selling kijiji.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2002
1332 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto
Have your or has anyone checked Let's Go Pikachu trade value?
[#[_]#]
[+[_]::]
Oct 29, 2012
57 posts
188 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks OP, was going to head to EB games to buy a few used games, but now I'll wait until tomorrow and get a few more bucks off! Curious where you found this flyer as I don't see the Double Edge discount listed anywhere on their website. Also, not sure if YMMV but I went into a store on Tuesday to pay the $15 for a Platinum Edge card, but they said it was half off, so it came out to only $8 and change. Pretty nice to save $8 without even trying.
Jun 6, 2018
66 posts
36 upvotes
It was emailed out this morning, they don't list things on their site till day of sale or what not
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
1483 posts
1034 upvotes
GTA
kanuk30 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 9:40 am
Thanks OP, was going to head to EB games to buy a few used games, but now I'll wait until tomorrow and get a few more bucks off! Curious where you found this flyer as I don't see the Double Edge discount listed anywhere on their website. Also, not sure if YMMV but I went into a store on Tuesday to pay the $15 for a Platinum Edge card, but they said it was half off, so it came out to only $8 and change. Pretty nice to save $8 without even trying.
It's an in store only promo until the 8th. If you use the extra $10 trade credit coupon that you get in your EB account they are paying you about $2 to get the platinum card.
Last edited by tew on Dec 6th, 2018 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 26, 2017
121 posts
22 upvotes
junglemage666 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 8:42 am
They have all sorts, including prepaid credit cards (but u also pay activation fee) or McDonalds, Tim. Hortons, ps store Xbox, Harvey's Cara cards, all that stuff. Technically you could even buy an eb gift card and use it right away to buy other stuff (so you get that 50% bump) but remember you lose the tax savings when trading directly to something. (work around, get preorder and cancel later)
Thx really detailed reply.
Seem to be OK if buying EB card, and they may not allow trading directly to something this time with 50% bump
Apr 2, 2011
273 posts
148 upvotes
Montr
(Bean) wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 9:06 am
Have your or has anyone checked Let's Go Pikachu trade value?
Pikachu and evee has a guaranteed value of $50 for 30 days since launch.