Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

Double trade in credit for controllers 8/16 only

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2018 1:29 pm
Dec 23, 2010
41 posts
23 upvotes
Somewhere off the g…
I have a question that I am hoping one of you can give me some sage advice: I have a brand new V1 Dualshock 4 (sealed) and one V2 Dualshock 4 that came with my Pro. I was going to trade in the V1 and get a new V2, but my brother says to trade in the used controller even though its a V2? Please, any thoughts???
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1959 posts
424 upvotes
Halifax
Rackmount wrote: I have a question that I am hoping one of you can give me some sage advice: I have a brand new V1 Dualshock 4 (sealed) and one V2 Dualshock 4 that came with my Pro. I was going to trade in the V1 and get a new V2, but my brother says to trade in the used controller even though its a V2? Please, any thoughts???
If you know how long the used one lasts and don't think it's sufficient trade that maybe.
RIP E3 30% off pre order games 2011-2019 :twisted:
Dec 23, 2010
41 posts
23 upvotes
Somewhere off the g…
shsiddiq wrote: If you know how long the used one lasts and don't think it's sufficient trade that maybe.
Do you mean battery life?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7613 posts
1105 upvotes
Rackmount wrote: Do you mean battery life?
Yup. Anyone know if you need a USB cable to go with it?
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
Rackmount wrote: have a brand new V1 Dualshock 4 (sealed) and one V2 Dualshock 4 that came with my Pro. I was going to trade in the V1 and get a new V2, but my brother says to trade in the used controller even though its a V2? Please, any thoughts???
What colour is the new/sealed V1 controller?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2008
1347 posts
139 upvotes
Does anyone knows if the controller rubber ripped would be ok for trade in?
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Thello wrote: If you're going to trade in your controller, just take a gift card. Don't feed the monster. They've got tons of gift cards (PSN, Xbox, Nintendo, Steam, Visa) and you can put the full value towards any of them tax free with the exception of Visa.
With the last controller trade in promo I got 2 years worth of Netflix paid.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
3295 posts
453 upvotes
My son has decided that he wants to get Zelda for the Switch again, despite me trading it in a few months ago. I've got 4 old 360 controllers I can trade it towards it (might keep one). Also have 4 XB1 controllers, but he only uses 1 or 2. Might trade most of them in as well, as I think that he wants a PS4 now. Just pick a system and go with it, kid!

So on a side note, anyone know what Zelda used goes for for the Switch?
Jul 28, 2018
435 posts
740 upvotes
Toronto
I'm assuming they don't accept SIXAXIS-only PS3 controllers? Face With Tears Of Joy
I still have my super old controllers from my fat PS3 before it died from YLOD.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
smimzy wrote: Wait so a regular wireless Xbox 360 controller that has the battery cover, but no battery pack will not be accepted?
No, he means the Xbox 360 controller lacks either one - i.e. there is an empty socket where either the standard battery pack or rechargeable battery should be.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
Rackmount wrote: Hi.. Its blue!
If it's Wave Blue with the Black underside, I'm not sure it's an issue (some of the colors are rarer), but I would definitely check eBay prices to be sure, as a lot of people collect sealed 1st-party Sony accessories.
Dec 23, 2010
41 posts
23 upvotes
Somewhere off the g…
JackWhyte wrote: If it's Wave Blue with the Black underside, I'm not sure it's an issue (some of the colors are rarer), but I would definitely check eBay prices to be sure, as a lot of people collect sealed 1st-party Sony accessories.
Hi.. Yes its the blue one with the black underside.. I got lucky that I found a sealed steel black one and was thinking of trading it in.. I will check ebay as well.. Thanks for the heads up, really appreciate it!
Dec 23, 2010
41 posts
23 upvotes
Somewhere off the g…
JackWhyte wrote: If it's Wave Blue with the Black underside, I'm not sure it's an issue (some of the colors are rarer), but I would definitely check eBay prices to be sure, as a lot of people collect sealed 1st-party Sony accessories.
After checking in eBay quickly, I don't think this blue one has any immediate value to a collector, but I could be wrong. I figured if I can get two new controllers for 60 bucks, why not?
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
Rackmount wrote: After checking in eBay quickly, I don't think this blue one has any immediate value to a collector, but I could be wrong.
Make sure you're not using all that eBay 3rdparty China crap as your pricing guide, as I almost made that mistake one time with a PS3 controller I never got around to opening, then I found the REAL Sony versions selling for over $100 sealed.

eBay is chock full of fake junk.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2012
1062 posts
543 upvotes
Toronto
Traded in 3 of my 4 old controllers. None of them were working 100% like new. She wouldn’t accept the 4th with tear in toggle unfortunately, so I got $135 store credit and will wait until they go on sale, maybe back to school?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
8553 posts
11762 upvotes
GTA
Error416 wrote: I'm assuming they don't accept SIXAXIS-only PS3 controllers? Face With Tears Of Joy
I still have my super old controllers from my fat PS3 before it died from YLOD.
They aren't part of this double trade in promo. I think they will give you a few bucks for them.
Dec 23, 2010
41 posts
23 upvotes
Somewhere off the g…
JackWhyte wrote: Make sure you're not using all that eBay 3rdparty China crap as your pricing guide, as I almost made that mistake one time with a PS3 controller I never got around to opening, then I found the REAL Sony versions selling for over $100 sealed.

eBay is chock full of fake junk.
Hey..That is so funny cause I too have a PS3 controller that I picked up in Dubai and I am quite certain its a fake :) I did go and trade both my controllers and got two new ones: One in green camo and the other in steel black..I almost only use or buy standard black controllers, so why not change it up! Thank you for your time tho!! Cheers
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
Rackmount wrote: One in green camo and the other in steel black..I almost only use or buy standard black controllers, so why not change it up!
Steel Black is my favorite controller color, though Gold runs a close second.

But do you know what really sucks about the DS4? Sony is too freaking cheap to include charging cables and the MSRP is $75. :facepalm:
Dec 23, 2010
41 posts
23 upvotes
Somewhere off the g…
JackWhyte wrote: Steel Black is my favorite controller color, though Gold runs a close second.

But do you know what really sucks about the DS4? Sony is too freaking cheap to include charging cables and the MSRP is $75. :facepalm:
I agree..a charging cable should be included at that price point! Off topic, how does one maintain tax free status on EB Trade-in Credit to use it in the future? I have heard there are ways to do it, but am not clear on this?