Expired Hot Deals

[EB Games] Double Trade Credit Feb 14-15 only! TIVs inside!

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2018 12:09 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1327 posts
520 upvotes
Markham
Can confirm what was said regarding COD: WWII holding at $34 TIV before promo. Got $68 for it.

Not included in the promo, but I got rid of a bunch of PS3 games I had zero use for. Here they are in case you got these games kicking around:

Assassins Creed $1
Soul calibur IV $2
Burnout Paradise $4.50
Motostorm: Pacific Rift $4
Disney Universe $5
Little Big Planet $3
Infamous $0.25
Pince of Persia $0.25
Metal gear Solid 4 $0.50

Also, if you have Edge (free for basic), if you put this towards a pre-order, you don't pay tax on the game. You're also not locked into that game... you can switch it to any game you want.

Koodo $40/8GB
Sep 26, 2016
22 posts
11 upvotes
Splatoon down to 15 dollars before 2x trade.
A note, if looking for an upgrade to Bayonetta from Wii U to switch, $3 for the first, and $11 for the 2nd. They won't double the trade, but you can get 26 for Bayonetta 2 as part of the trade 3 get it free promo.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1957 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
Came back trading in the following Xbox One games with the below values before bump:

COD WW2 - $34
Dead Rising 4 - $6
Forza Horizon 3 - $13
Halo 5 - $4
Deal Addict
May 27, 2008
1263 posts
172 upvotes
Thornhill
moomoosaurus wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 10:02 am
Just called in this moring and got the value for 3 games, including MHW. I’m kinda surprised MHW is only $25, was i quoted a wrong value i wonder.

Monster Hunter World PS4 $25
Assassins Creed Origins XBONE $18
Mass Effect Andromeda XBONE $3
WoW... totally gouging on the MHW trade, reconsidering it now.
HDawg wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 10:59 am
Can confirm what was said regarding COD: WWII holding at $34 TIV before promo. Got $68 for it.

Not included in the promo, but I got rid of a bunch of PS3 games I had zero use for. Here they are in case you got these games kicking around:

Assassins Creed $1
Soul calibur IV $2
Burnout Paradise $4.50
Motostorm: Pacific Rift $4
Disney Universe $5
Little Big Planet $3
Infamous $0.25
Pince of Persia $0.25
Metal gear Solid 4 $0.50

Also, if you have Edge (free for basic), if you put this towards a pre-order, you don't pay tax on the game. You're also not locked into that game... you can switch it to any game you want.
You traded all those for 20.5!? Their HQ would be laughing their ass of for reselling majority of those title for 10 - 15 back out.
I would have kept those that are below $5 for target practice.
Mabutt wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 11:01 am
A note, if looking for an upgrade to Bayonetta from Wii U to switch, $3 for the first, and $11 for the 2nd. They won't double the trade, but you can get 26 for Bayonetta 2 as part of the trade 3 get it free promo.
RIP... Completely not worth the trade.
Nov 26, 2009
42 posts
26 upvotes
Traded COD WW2 for 68 and NFS Payback for 38

Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1039 posts
402 upvotes
is there difference between buying used games vs new ? for xbox one?

because i remember for some ps3 games, if you buy used u couldnt play online because only one code was given with the new cd;
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3319 posts
851 upvotes
Mabutt wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 11:01 am
Well guess I'm keeping my Splatoon 2.

Since a lot of games can be bought cheaper at other outlets, I find the trade value of any game to not be as good as simply keeping the game and buying whatever you're looking for elsewhere.

For example, I can get Splatoon 2 for $30 trade in credit which brings the cost of a new release title down from $80 --> $50. Or I can simply just keep the game and buy the new release title for around $60 through E3 promos and such.

As of late, EBgames are simply not providing the value that IMHO makes the trade worth it. More often than not, it's better to just keep the titles you own and buy whatever you like when it goes on sale elsewhere.
Deal Addict
May 27, 2008
1263 posts
172 upvotes
Thornhill
halcyon wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 11:24 am
Well guess I'm keeping my Splatoon 2.

Since a lot of games can be bought cheaper at other outlets, I find the trade value of any game to not be as good as simply keeping the game and buying whatever you're looking for elsewhere.

For example, I can get Splatoon 2 for $30 trade in credit which brings the cost of a new release title down from $80 --> $50. Or I can simply just keep the game and buy the new release title for around $60 through E3 promos and such.

As of late, EBgames are simply not providing the value that IMHO makes the trade worth it. More often than not, it's better to just keep the titles you own and buy whatever you like when it goes on sale elsewhere.
Couldn't agree more to this. They made you feel like you are saving but at the end you still end up losing out.
Apr 11, 2011
13 posts
3 upvotes
Does anyone know what the trade in on an original 500 GB PS4 is? I also assume there is no double trade credit on consoles?
Dec 27, 2008
305 posts
45 upvotes
Just did the trade in got these values

Xbox one

GTA v $22
Division $8
Batman Arkham knight $10
Cod ww2 $68 Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Skyrim $22

If you trade to visa gift card there’s a $6 activation fee quite steep
Sep 12, 2012
722 posts
531 upvotes
Toronto
Got COD WWII for $68. Such a crap game
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3319 posts
851 upvotes
JIB9022 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 11:21 am
is there difference between buying used games vs new ? for xbox one?

because i remember for some ps3 games, if you buy used u couldnt play online because only one code was given with the new cd;
Usually doesn't matter. That online code thing is something no one does anymore.

That said, if you buy used, you miss out on "day one" codes (which generally don't matter) or if you're buying a "complete/game of the year edition", there may be DLC included in the new game which may no longer be made available when you buy used. Depends on the game but for the most part, buying used is ok.

That all said, depending on the game and your urgency to pick up a game, I would suggest waiting for the game you want to go on sale elsewhere and buying it new then.

With whatever credit you have at EBgames, best use of it is on whatever toys you may want to pick up (though they can be overpriced), PSN/xbox live/Visa gift cards, or peripherals that generally don't go on sale (I'm looking at you Switch and your overpriced controllers). You can also use it on new release titles as they are unlikely to go on sale the in next few weeks (particularly 1st party Nintendo stuff).
Feb 22, 2012
343 posts
310 upvotes
Canada
NonStopInTheMix wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 9:46 am
My intel is usually... not wrong :twisted:

All values holding this AM - no major drops.
A bit early to be reporting that.

Skyrim Switch - $35 drop to $23 before bump ($70 vs $46)

Overall still quite good. Very happy that the trade values of Mario Odyssey and COD: WWII held.
RFD: Pick any two.
In stock
Low Price
Quality Product
Apr 27, 2017
14 posts
anyone know if DBZ Fighterz still held value at 35$ ??
Apr 27, 2011
277 posts
22 upvotes
Edmonton
Time to stock up and head on over to EBGames after work tomorrow.

NHL 18
Battlefront 2
South Park
Batman Arkham Knight
Horizon Zero Dawn
Ghost Recon Wildlands

I gotta stop pre ordering games as I rarely ever touch them.