Expired Hot Deals

[EB Games] Double Trade Credit Feb 14-15 only! TIVs inside!

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2018 12:09 pm
Newbie
Jul 10, 2011
49 posts
4 upvotes
My buddy tried to trade in Dragonball Fighterz for the double trade but they denied him saying that the max he can get is 35$ on trade in. So they wouldn't honor a "$40 TIV" game and wouldn't give the max $35 to make it $70.

Loser company.
Jr. Member
Feb 4, 2017
154 posts
73 upvotes
bergerk wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 8:47 pm
My buddy tried to trade in Dragonball Fighterz for the double trade but they denied him saying that the max he can get is 35$ on trade in. So they wouldn't honor a "$40 TIV" game and wouldn't give the max $35 to make it $70.

Loser company.
All your buddy had to do was tell them scan it in... The promo automatically bumps it without them having to do anything.
Newbie
Jul 10, 2011
49 posts
4 upvotes
Taroble wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 9:07 pm
All your buddy had to do was tell them scan it in... The promo automatically bumps it without them having to do anything.
He says they scanned it and still wouldn't do it because its a $40 game. Maybe the manager was a douche.
Jr. Member
Feb 4, 2017
154 posts
73 upvotes
bergerk wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 9:13 pm
He says they scanned it and still wouldn't do it because its a $40 game. Maybe the manager was a douche.
Problem is it's not a $40 game... It's like a $34 last I heard. The manager was probabaly just limiting it for some reason. If your buddy did trade it at that price I would call head office with the receipt.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 3, 2007
1485 posts
107 upvotes
So just got back. These are prices I got before bump.

Dragonball Xenoverse 2 - Switch - $18
Assassin's Creed Origins - PS4 - $18
Nier: Automata - PS4 - $12
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 9, 2008
3479 posts
1327 upvotes
Anjou, QC
bergerk wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 8:47 pm
My buddy tried to trade in Dragonball Fighterz for the double trade but they denied him saying that the max he can get is 35$ on trade in. So they wouldn't honor a "$40 TIV" game and wouldn't give the max $35 to make it $70.

Loser company.
Taroble wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 9:07 pm
All your buddy had to do was tell them scan it in... The promo automatically bumps it without them having to do anything.
bergerk wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 9:13 pm
He says they scanned it and still wouldn't do it because its a $40 game. Maybe the manager was a douche.
Taroble wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 9:19 pm
Problem is it's not a $40 game... It's like a $34 last I heard. The manager was probabaly just limiting it for some reason. If your buddy did trade it at that price I would call head office with the receipt.
There was a known issue internally, that the new Dragon Ball FighterZ game was not being recognized properly as a "PS4 game" when traded. Required manual override for the 2X double up to work.

This is probably the issue you had. Clueless CSR didnt read the memo and manually bump up that game.
Newbie
Nov 27, 2017
2 posts
Moncton, NB
Got 32$ after the double up yesterday for my Overwatch (PS4).

Unfortunately, all my other games are Brazillian, and because we have a different rating system there, I couldn't trade those.

Top