Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

Trade 3 $8+ TIV for FREE Switch Nintendo Game

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 11th, 2017 5:37 pm
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10185 posts
5573 upvotes
Toronto
CrazyCatMan wrote: I've never traded in any games at EB but I saw that Risen 2 for the Xbox 360 had a TIV for $8.75 a couple of posts ago. Could I trade in 3 copies of this game to preorder a Switch Title than cancel the preorder and put it towards the preorder Zelda for Wii U?
You can't trade in the same title all at once, so you can't get the trade 3 for 1 game deal.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
8012 posts
4748 upvotes
Montreal
CrazyCatMan wrote: I've never traded in any games at EB but I saw that Risen 2 for the Xbox 360 had a TIV for $8.75 a couple of posts ago. Could I trade in 3 copies of this game to preorder a Switch Title than cancel the preorder and put it towards the preorder Zelda for Wii U?
The values posted were AFTER the trade more, get more promotion.... (which is another promotion!!!). Ideally, people would post TIVS before promotions are added.

"Base" TIV of Risen 2 for Xbox 360 (before any promotion) is under $8.

Therefore, it cannot be used for Trade 3 $8+ TIV games promotion.

Also, as stated by Variability, you are supposed to trade the same title only once per transaction, so even if you had a game with $8+ base TIV, you cannot use same game 3 times.
VirginPlus / Stickermule / HP Instant Ink
Jan 22, 2017
661 posts
1696 upvotes
Variability wrote: You can't trade in the same title all at once, so you can't get the trade 3 for 1 game deal.
Thanks for the info. Is there any place you can see how much TIV Ebgames will offer on various titles (to qualify for the $8+) without bringing them all into the store?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
8012 posts
4748 upvotes
Montreal
CrazyCatMan wrote: I'm not sure if it's already been said but for the Wii U console itself I was in the market for a 32 GB version for the last couple of months and would have easily paid $200 for it. I don't know if it's anyone elses experience but I had been having trouble finding anything reasonably priced for Wii U in my area for the longest time
Yeah, people should not trade their 32GB Wii U for $150 TIV at EBGames (value only when you trade for a switch, for which pre-orders are now sold out).... they can probably fetch more on Kijiji/ classified ads...
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
8012 posts
4748 upvotes
Montreal
CrazyCatMan wrote: Thanks for the info. Is there any place you can see how much TIV Ebgames will offer on various titles (to qualify for the $8+) without bringing them all into the store?
1) This thread, many people post TIVS of games they traded.

2) http://www.tivs.ca . Check the date of TIVS to see if the update was recent or not. Many users recently restarted using the site with the good promotions at EBGames lately, so there are many tivs updates dated from end 2016 or January 2017.

3) Ebgames.ca themselves have a $8+ TIV games list. However, they forgot to update it since November 18, 2016. Therefore, no guarantee.

https://www.ebgames.ca/Views/Locale/Con ... lue-en.pdf

To help others, please post your TIVS here (before any promotion) of games that were not recently mentionned.
Jan 18, 2017
58 posts
85 upvotes
Thanks, I managed to grab a preorder at The Source but I wanted to trade some stuff in towards it and the delivery date from the Source is estimated at 3/10 (i.e., not launch day) so was hoping to switch (ahahahahaha!) to an EB preorder before March.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2008
3527 posts
1367 upvotes
Anjou, QC
Variability wrote: You can't trade in the same title all at once, so you can't get the trade 3 for 1 game deal.
+1
Risen 2 is definitely not $8.75, that quoted value is after promotional bump ups.
The game must has a BASE VALUE of $8 to qualify.

https://www.ebgames.ca/Views/Locale/Con ... lue-en.pdf

...man if Risen 2 was actually a T3 qualifier :twisted:
Nov 26, 2015
133 posts
64 upvotes
Calgary, AB
seemehatintho wrote: Thanks, I managed to grab a preorder at The Source but I wanted to trade some stuff in towards it and the delivery date from the Source is estimated at 3/10 (i.e., not launch day) so was hoping to switch (ahahahahaha!) to an EB preorder before March.
Fair warning, I checked with the source when I saw the preorders available, they cant guarantee you'll get one on launch day.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1596 posts
1401 upvotes
Edmonton
seemehatintho wrote: Thanks, I managed to grab a preorder at The Source but I wanted to trade some stuff in towards it and the delivery date from the Source is estimated at 3/10 (i.e., not launch day) so was hoping to switch (ahahahahaha!) to an EB preorder before March.
Good to know! I didn't know that! Thanks!
Oct 6, 2010
459 posts
288 upvotes
London
ratatapa wrote: You can still preorder all those, just ask them to place them as a placeholder on something else

I have like 3 Zelda and 2 Lego, as placeholder for other stuff
Oh yeah I know, I have another $120 in random pre-orders ready to trade over. But it would be a good excuse for me to dig out some more games to trade in if they put up more pre-orders. And I'm still curious whether they'll get the Hori/PDP stuff, apparently Gamestop US has it.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2008
2409 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
To those that preordered the Switch at the source. Good luck on that... The source is the worst, on this stuff. I remember ordering 2 Wii remotes from them a few years back, when they had the 2 for $50 promo. They apparently were instock, yet it took a month and a half to receive..
Last edited by Dred on Jan 23rd, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 6, 2010
459 posts
288 upvotes
London
Have you guys tried Toys R Us? They were still taking pre-orders when I was in there a few days ago.
Nov 25, 2010
190 posts
29 upvotes
Markham
Traded in a bunch of games.

PS4-
Bloodborne: $9
Dark Souls 3: $10
Dirt Rally: $11
Walking Dead 2: $5
Thief 4: $3
Cod Ghosts: $3
Angry Birds: $3

PS3-
Dishonored: $3.34--
Dragon age 2: $3.34
Naruto Ninja Storm 2: $3.34
Dark Siders 2: $3.34

I traded in 8 games and they didn't give me +$30, but they gave me x2 credit.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
8012 posts
4748 upvotes
Montreal
Zoheeb wrote: Ps4
Bloodborne: $9
Dark Souls 3: $10
Dirt Rally: $11
Thanks for sharing.

You should have traded them for a $79.99 switch game, you would have gotten $26.67 each in trade value.

When you trade $8+ games in a separate transaction, they boost to $26.67 each.

You are not forced to have 3 $8+ games to get a boost to $26.67 each.

Watch out people: do separate transactions.

($30 extra for 8 games would have given you less yoo)
Nov 25, 2010
190 posts
29 upvotes
Markham
I told them multiple times and they still did it in a single transaction. Luckily I checked the receipt before leaving and saw that I received x2. Went back and traded towards Zelda-Switch.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13237 posts
12065 upvotes
Toronto
The $0.05 TIV games are a joke, better to give them to charity instead of them ending up back on the shelf for $10.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2006
1034 posts
353 upvotes
Toronto
cashinstinct wrote: Yeah, people should not trade their 32GB Wii U for $150 TIV at EBGames (value only when you trade for a switch, for which pre-orders are now sold out).... they can probably fetch more on Kijiji/ classified ads...
I am absolutely amazed that you cannot get the console for $200. I bought mine off a rfd member a few years back and got a load of games for 200 something. This sudden lack of supply is confusing.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5761 posts
3916 upvotes
Toronto
kkl1208 wrote: I am absolutely amazed that you cannot get the console for $200. I bought mine off a rfd member a few years back and got a load of games for 200 something. This sudden lack of supply is confusing.
Well when EBgames literally gave me a little over $500+tax for a Wii U and 8 games, I'm not sure why anyone would sell a Wii U with a load of games for 200 something anymore.
Jan 14, 2017
9 posts
1 upvote
Manitoba
plan on throwing mine up on local classified/kijiji if they I don't get lucky between now and the end of Feb in nabbing a Switch.
see if i can get $200 for it, if not i'd be happy with $150 either way (i had a giftcard and got it crazy cheap on boxing day so i think i paid under $200 for it anyways)

also had a question.
can you cancel a preorder and swap credit onto something else from the phone?
or do i have to go into the shop to actually swap shit over if a Switch magically becomes available.
closest Ebgames to me is like a 1hr drive since the local shop closed up shop awhile back.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1596 posts
1401 upvotes
Edmonton
I added a few games to the thread summary, but these are the values I got on the weekend BEFORE 2x:

Wii U:
Mario Tennis - $25
Star Fox - $28

3DS:
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam - $15
Kirby Triple Deluxe - $14

Xbox One:
Sunset Overdrive - $4
Titanfall 2 - $28
Halo 5 - $6
Arkham Knight - $5
Assassin's Creed: Syndicate: -$5
Rainbow Six: Siege - $6

PS4:
Watch Dogs 2 - $27
Tearaway - $4

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)