Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

Trade 3 $8+ TIV for FREE Switch Nintendo Game

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 11th, 2017 5:37 pm
Nov 26, 2015
6 posts
1 upvote
Surrey
Just preordered Zelda and a controller. I'm a platinum edge member so I should be able to return these items no problem right? I'll probably wait like 3 days before going back to do the refund.
Apr 9, 2012
425 posts
179 upvotes
Can we confirm starfox is down to $44? I bought 3 copies of that and Mario Tennis last night. Traded in 2 of each (knew I was pushing my luck) to pay off my switch pre-order and put the rest on a pro controller preorder (had just come down). Was going to get the gf to go to a different one tomorrow and finish the preorder on tyne controller and get Zelda.

Still debating keeping the switch or putting the credits on future pre-orders then using them on Scorpio.
Nov 26, 2015
133 posts
64 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Jep4444 wrote: Ok so it doesn't look like any values tanked, I plan to go in the next few days and trade a few PS4 games that are in the $20+ list for Mario Kart and a Pro Controller, my math had me over anyways so I'm not gonna lose sleep over it then.

Btw, does anyone know if stores are taking Mario Kart orders yet? I saw it up on the site late last night but the store said they didn't have the option yet.
All stores should be taking them now. However, the reps will try and tell you that the trade deals dont cover it because tis not a launch title. But NONE of the language of the deal says it has to be. Be firm, and they will give it to you, they cant deny it to you.
Receive $26.67 for each traded game towards the pre-order of any Nintendo Switch title, up to a maximum of $79.99 per Switch title.

Only have one or two games you’re willing to trade? No problem! You will still receive $26.67 for each of them towards the title!

Eligible for potential game trades with a current minimum value of $8 and that are for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii U or 3DS. Offer valid only towards games normally accepted in trade. Games must include original cases and artwork. Cannot be combined with any other trade offer. No duplicate titles accepted. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Subject to Manager approval. Offer subject to change at any time. No substitutions will be made.
Receive double the trade value for any PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U or 3DS games you trade towards the pre-order of any Nintendo Switch hardware, software or accessories!

Eligible only for game trades that are for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U or 3DS. Offer valid only towards games normally accepted in trade. Games must include original cases and artwork. Cannot be combined with any other trade offer. No duplicate titles accepted. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Subject to Manager approval. Offer subject to change at any time. No substitutions will be made.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6502 posts
2550 upvotes
Calgary
giju wrote: Can we confirm starfox is down to $44? I bought 3 copies of that and Mario Tennis last night. Traded in 2 of each (knew I was pushing my luck) to pay off my switch pre-order and put the rest on a pro controller preorder (had just come down). Was going to get the gf to go to a different one tomorrow and finish the preorder on tyne controller and get Zelda.

Still debating keeping the switch or putting the credits on future pre-orders then using them on Scorpio.
you can only pay for your preorder at the store its preordered at.
Nov 26, 2015
133 posts
64 upvotes
Calgary, AB
MKIR89 wrote: Just preordered Zelda and a controller. I'm a platinum edge member so I should be able to return these items no problem right? I'll probably wait like 3 days before going back to do the refund.
Return policy states 30 days for unopened merchandise.
Returned product(s) must be in the original packaging and include any manuals, cabling and accessories in saleable condition. We reserve the right to limit returns to unopened or defective products. Defective product(s) will be replaced with a like item, upon return. Terms and conditions of manufacturer's warranty apply to defective video games systems and computer hardware after 30 days.
If you just did the trades to get the credit to move it somewhere else, you dont actually have to pick up the product. You can come back in a day or two and just cancel the preorder, it will go back as credit on your account.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5761 posts
3916 upvotes
Toronto
Dakralai wrote: All stores should be taking them now. However, the reps will try and tell you that the trade deals dont cover it because tis not a launch title. But NONE of the language of the deal says it has to be. Be firm, and they will give it to you, they cant deny it to you.
The particular EB I was at didn't give me too much trouble, I just didn't have my games with me at the time so I didn't bother.
May 30, 2011
679 posts
242 upvotes
Halifax
I never did find Deus Ex anywhere through out the posts. Anyone know where that is sitting? I bought a copy yesterday and played 10 minutes and really don't like it. Not even out of the first mission. Does it get better or should I trade it?
Last edited by Jlmcneil on Jan 26th, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 9, 2012
425 posts
179 upvotes
T3rry wrote: you can only pay for your preorder at the store its preordered at.
That's ok. She can preorder Zelda and another game. Then I can cancel and keep as a credit if I want to use for Scorpio.

Just not 100% sold on the switch yet but I know I'll use the credit one way or another
Mar 20, 2012
699 posts
585 upvotes
Vaughan
Jlmcneil wrote: I never did find Deus Ex anywhere through out the posts. Anyone know where that is sitting? I bought a copy yesterday and played 10 minutes and really don't like it. Not even out of the first mission. Does it get better or should I trade it?
It was $19 before double up a few days ago. Is it that bad? Mine is till sealed.
Jan 27, 2007
222 posts
301 upvotes
Does anyone know the TIV for RE7 on PS4? Planning to trade it this weekend.
Nov 26, 2015
133 posts
64 upvotes
Calgary, AB
The Main Event wrote: Does anyone know the TIV for RE7 on PS4? Planning to trade it this weekend.
I'd imagine it would be $30-$40 base value since it just dropped.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
3235 posts
1383 upvotes
Quebec
The Main Event wrote: Does anyone know the TIV for RE7 on PS4? Planning to trade it this weekend.
sell it on Kijiji, if you bought this for 79.99 there's no way to get in your money even with TIV
Jan 27, 2007
222 posts
301 upvotes
Got it for $50 during the pre-order sale. If it's worth 35 and up it would be worth it (since there's taxes on top of it). Then again, might go the Kijiji route.
Last edited by The Main Event on Jan 26th, 2017 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 26, 2015
6 posts
1 upvote
Surrey
Jlmcneil wrote: I never did find Deus Ex anywhere through out the posts. Anyone know where that is sitting? I bought a copy yesterday and played 10 minutes and really don't like it. Not even out of the first mission. Does it get better or should I trade it?
I just traded this in yesterday and it was $12. So you can get $26.66 for it.
May 30, 2011
679 posts
242 upvotes
Halifax
rhinos wrote: It was $19 before double up a few days ago. Is it that bad? Mine is till sealed.
I loved the first one. This one has some control issues for me. Like if your in cover trying to move around and I come out of cover he doesn't stand up and to move around in cover is not very fluid. I don't know lol. Also guys die super dramatically so you continue shooting them since they still seem alive so you waste bullets. I can normally tell pretty early on if I like a game I paid 20 for it so maybe I'll go trade it before the 2x is over.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2008
3527 posts
1367 upvotes
Anjou, QC
Jep4444 wrote: Ok so it doesn't look like any values tanked, I plan to go in the next few days and trade a few PS4 games that are in the $20+ list for Mario Kart and a Pro Controller, my math had me over anyways so I'm not gonna lose sleep over it then.

Btw, does anyone know if stores are taking Mario Kart orders yet? I saw it up on the site late last night but the store said they didn't have the option yet.
For the average trader, the values remained relatively the same.
Just a handful of hidden abuse titles that finally tanked. :twisted:

Mario Kart and Arms for Switch are live to preorder as of this morning, Pro Controllers as well.
There were reports yesterday of the promo wizard not activating T3 / Double Up promos towards these titles.

Be sure to check with your local store before finalizing your trade.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2008
3527 posts
1367 upvotes
Anjou, QC
Resident Evil 7 Biohazard PS4
Base value $30.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2008
3527 posts
1367 upvotes
Anjou, QC
Dakralai wrote: If you just did the trades to get the credit to move it somewhere else, you dont actually have to pick up the product. You can come back in a day or two and just cancel the preorder, it will go back as credit on your account.
YMMV.
I don't recommend this since you're honestly not fooling anyone when you come back "in a day or two and just cancel the preorder"

There were few internal memos regarding dealers taking advantage of the Double Up Promo.
Just be patient to avoid getting yourself flagged.

Unless you live in Quebec of course... its a wild west out there :twisted:
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1596 posts
1401 upvotes
Edmonton
NonStopInTheMix wrote: YMMV.
I don't recommend this since you're honestly not fooling anyone when you come back "in a day or two and just cancel the preorder"

There were few internal memos regarding dealers taking advantage of the Double Up Promo.
Just be patient to avoid getting yourself flagged.

Unless you live in Quebec of course... its a wild west out there :twisted:
Thanks for your posts! It seems like you work at an EB??
How do people get "flagged"?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)