DQXI is back on sale at again at EB.
PSN: mwatcher
XBL: LionChi
27 replies
Dec 24, 2009
771 posts
262 upvotes
Quebec City
Even at this price, not sure I'll recommand it...
Jul 9, 2015
83 posts
45 upvotes
Gatineau, QC
MercadorHG wrote:
Mar 1st, 2019 9:25 am
Why not?
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
1787 posts
577 upvotes
Toronto
MercadorHG wrote:
Lol.. why not? You are the first person I came across who had bad things to say about it..

When best buy had it on sale .. people usually say it's worth full price and the deals are a steal.
Nov 12, 2013
171 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
MercadorHG wrote:
I do see your point. In terms of the game itself, I really do think it is worth the $80 full price, so $34.99 is a great price.
But with the exclusive definitive version coming out on the switch, buying it now does seem 'silly'.

For people who don't have a Switch:
If you like RPGs in general and you really want to play a great RPG, this is the perfect game to get.
If you are patient or have a lot of games in your backlog, I would wait for a further drop. I predict this game going down to $19.99 by the end of the year.

For switch Owners:
Just wait for the switch release.
May 8, 2012
39 posts
16 upvotes
MercadorHG wrote:
I would recommend it at this price. I got it for the same price when it was available at BB
this is the first game after Legend of Dragoon that I liked, I am about 20 hrs in and just unlocked all the character (I think) and I am very happy with my purchase
this is one of those games where you casually play for an hour or two and the best part of the game is narrative it provides after you load a saved file telling you that has happened and what's your next move
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
1787 posts
577 upvotes
Toronto
alltechinside wrote:
Mar 1st, 2019 9:34 am
I do see your point. In terms of the game itself, I really do think it is worth the $80 full price, so $34.99 is a great price.
But with the exclusive definitive version coming out on the switch, buying it now does seem 'silly'.

For people who don't have a Switch:
If you like RPGs in general and you really want to play a great RPG, this is the perfect game to get.
If you are patient or have a lot of games in your backlog, I would wait for a further drop. I predict this game going down to $19.99 by the end of the year.

For switch Owners:
ahh totally get it.. ya. If I hadn't already bought and played it I would be holding out for the switch version too.. but if you want to play on PS4 now it's a decent buy. It's a game definitely worth playing.

I sort of wish I had held off for the switch version but I already sank too much time in and finished everything I wanted in the game so I'll be skipping the switch version.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
1019 posts
367 upvotes
Waterloo
I bought it on the Best Buy sale and have about 27 hours in it right now - solid game; nothing groundbreaking or super innovative but an all-around quality RPG experience.

I have both a PS4 and Switch and would argue that being able to experience it now is valuable, versus waiting months and months for the Switch version. I don't doubt that the Switch version will be superior in everything except graphics, but consider this is half price of regular and has the majority of the content anyway it's worth it IMO.
Feb 22, 2012
393 posts
377 upvotes
Canada
PressureBoom wrote:
Mar 1st, 2019 10:00 am

I have both a PS4 and Switch and would argue that being able to experience it now is valuable, versus waiting months and months for the Switch version. I don't doubt that the Switch version will be superior in everything except graphics, but consider this is half price of regular and has the majority of the content anyway it's worth it IMO.
On top of this, there are concerns over what the frame rate of the Switch version will be. Too soon to know obviously, but it would be sad to wait and be disappointed.

If the PS4 version added orchestral versions of the music (as the Switch version is already confirmed to have) I'd be very content playing this now on PS4 for $35
RFD: Pick any two.
In stock
Low Price
Quality Product
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
1787 posts
577 upvotes
Toronto
Styleman wrote:
Mar 1st, 2019 10:17 am

On top of this, there are concerns over what the frame rate of the Switch version will be. Too soon to know obviously, but it would be sad to wait and be disappointed.

If the PS4 version added orchestral versions of the music (as the Switch version is already confirmed to have) I'd be very content playing this now on PS4 for $35
I totally agree.

The 2d option is also really attractive for nostalgia purposes.. lol.. part of me is tempted to pick up the switch version and play it again... Lol.. it's a good game. It's just too long for me to replay - to much other stuff to do.. lol.. I sank 100 hours into the PS4 version.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3561 posts
721 upvotes
This is a good price for a really fun game. It reminds me of old school Japanese rpgs. It has a good story, engaging characters and most importantly it’s easy to play. You don’t have to spend hours and hours to learn the battle or character upgrade systems. I put about 100 hours into this by the time I was done.
Are you a new parent and looking for freebies for your newborn, go here:
Freebies for your Newborn
Updated December 2018
Mar 22, 2017
330 posts
267 upvotes
I've heard great things about this title. It's extremely old school and the pacing is pretty sluggish, but those are not necessarily bad things. Planning on picking it up myself, just not sure whether or not to wait for the Switch version or not (portable is nice)
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
1572 posts
863 upvotes
Montreal, QC
boonjaca wrote:
Mar 1st, 2019 10:33 am
This is a good price for a really fun game. It reminds me of old school Japanese rpgs. It has a good story, engaging characters and most importantly it’s easy to play. You don’t have to spend hours and hours to learn the battle or character upgrade systems. I put about 100 hours into this by the time I was done.
It's funny because when I was between 10 and 13, I used to love games like this... then after 17 I thought these games were lame, not hardcore enough and were for kids... but now at over 40 this is exactly the type of game I'm looking for Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6394 posts
2220 upvotes
Canada
alltechinside wrote:
Mar 1st, 2019 9:34 am
For switch Owners:
Any pay $79.99?
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
1787 posts
577 upvotes
Toronto
raspeed wrote:
Mar 1st, 2019 11:12 am
Any pay $79.99?
Depends how badly you want all the new features and enhancements or how much you can accept lower framerate..

I know it sounds like a no brainier.. I.e. grab PS4 version at cheap price.. but this game is worth the money especially with the enhancements (orchestrated music, better voice acting, 2d mode, more story content, portability etc)..