• Oct 20th, 2019 5:23 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
4639 posts
1682 upvotes
ph00p wrote:
Oct 9th, 2019 9:46 am
Sorry to poop in anyone's turkey but Doom Eternal is delayed until March 2020.
I have read the threads, it's already here at RFD.

(BOO!!! Chairs thrown. BFG reloaded and aimed.)

That's the joke ....
Nov 9, 2010
988 posts
1715 upvotes
Montreal
EBGames sales are often lackluster nowadays.
Their company numbers are quite bad.

If I were them, instead of nickle and dime-ing for profits, they would look against their competitors and edge their prices a bit lower for these sales so it would bring more attraction.
Felt that was pretty much what BB, Amazon, and Walmart have been doing in terms of grabbing pre-orders around e3, and what Amazon had done when prime offered discounts on pre-orders.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7663 posts
2276 upvotes
RDR2 and RDR2 Special Edition were already $20 on Microsoft's official store for physical versions just a month ago.

microsoft-store-xbox-one-physical-games-10-2308760/
JackWhyte wrote:
Oct 10th, 2019 9:16 am
Then why are you wasting your valuable time discussing it?

I think that sometime, somewhere, some version of RDR2 will be available for $20 this year, and if it doesn't happen, I don't buy the game. It's not some kind of "nerd contest", simply my buy point for any game that I don't pre-order for the discounts and goodies.

$20 or Bust, and so far I'm doing quite well on my gaming finances and have picked up a lot of surprising deals on recent games.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2433 posts
1961 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Boy I sure love when people continue to post about things that were already addressed.
Sep 19, 2019
2 posts
is the switch console a good deal? wanting to buy one for a long time, don't know if I should wait.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2433 posts
1961 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
appropriatename wrote:
Oct 10th, 2019 7:11 pm
is the switch console a good deal? wanting to buy one for a long time, don't know if I should wait.
Black Friday and Boxing Day will have better combos.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14170 posts
4314 upvotes
Montreal
daddyho24 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2019 1:28 pm
Didn't the Microsoft Store have it on sale for $20 for over a week back in early September?
Yep, but when you bring those sales up all the fanboys get angry and scream "clearance on a specific copy that probably didn't sell well." so why bother?

No matter how long it takes, I'm waiting til it's under $20.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14170 posts
4314 upvotes
Montreal
XFactor11 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2019 4:39 pm
RDR2 and RDR2 Special Edition were already $20 on Microsoft's official store for physical versions just a month ago.
Unfortunately, with Sony purportedly "promising" full backwards compatibility for PS4 disc and digital games on the PS5 (though they'll likely renege before launch) I'm back to buying PS4 games lately.

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2433 posts
1961 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
God of War is still showing that it's $39.99 "on sale" for $19.99, even though I'm pretty sure $19.99 is supposed to be the new regular price.

Goobers.

E: Actually I'm pretty sure some of the stuff in the sale hasn't even updated. Kingdom Hearts III is still showing $49.99 for both systems.

Also Sekiro is $54.99 and the Bioshock Collection is $19.99
Nov 3, 2013
2 posts
smuPoker wrote:
Oct 9th, 2019 9:27 am
Ugh, it's pretty trashy of them to be actively advertising selling Destiny 2, even if it's a used copy. Like seriously.
Why's that? If you're referring to the Blizzard fiasco, Bungie is no a longer part of Activision.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14170 posts
4314 upvotes
Montreal
ULTRAxTECH wrote:
Oct 11th, 2019 11:49 am
Why's that? If you're referring to the Blizzard fiasco, Bungie is no a longer part of Activision.
Destiny 2 is now totally F2P, even expansions.

Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4257 posts
2693 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote:
Oct 10th, 2019 11:26 pm
Unfortunately, with Sony purportedly "promising" full backwards compatibility for PS4 disc and digital games on the PS5 (though they'll likely renege before launch) I'm back to buying PS4 games lately.
Sony recently back peddled on that so it may not be full backward compatibility. Next Xbox seems more likely to have full BC.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2433 posts
1961 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
So they didn't drop the price for Used copies of God of War and Lost Legacy.

What a bunch of **** goofs.
Nov 22, 2013
854 posts
599 upvotes
Toronto
Went to EB Games tonight and found out that NHL 20 is now $59.99. Really had wanted it with the Devils having a vastly different roster this season and win or lose it is exciting and well wanted to buy but of course they have it when I am short on this kind of cash. The promo goes til the 20th for this though. Anyway just wanted to share that it is that cheap now as I think many Canadians would be interested in this deal .. Eh? : )

Also the 2 for 20 did not work for me as I wanted NHL 19 for $10 but could not find a 2nd game to buy that fit what I would play or want in my collection. Anyway was told games come in every day so check back. I saw that with this promotion though it can end at any time at the discretion of the manager.

So no large haul from EB Games but $5 Friday netted me am awesome Fallout journal for $4.50.