Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

EB Games "Big" flyer Oct 11-20

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2019 5:23 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1466 posts
2212 upvotes
Toronto
Canuck28 wrote: What in the world are you going on about? The PS5 will be backwards compatible with PS4. I guarantee you. Also, the PS4 was way better than Xbox One this gen, and I expect the same next gen. Why? The MUCH better exclusive Sony games. I'm not buying a new system to play old games anyway - I barely even used the Xbox One's backwards compatibility with Xbox 360.
I have both systems but the compatible controller for xbox is a big one. I hate starting over with just one controller
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
3276 posts
1478 upvotes
If anyone buys the ps4 pro nhl bundle I'd be interested in the game. PM me.
Dec 28, 2017
9 posts
2 upvotes
My PS4 slim disc drive failed so I can’t even update to 7.00. Thinking about trading it towards a pro, what does EB typically require of console trade ins?
Oct 3, 2008
103 posts
91 upvotes
Richmond, BC
its hit n miss, supposed to be a fully working console with all accessories, any missing accessories/damages would be a hit towards ur trade value.
i went in with my mint condition, fully working PS4 that was packaged nicely back into the oem box. the guy told me its gonna take some time and told me to walk arnd the store, literally 5 mins later he accepts my trade, i dont think he thoroughly tested my PS4, so YMMV.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2015
2088 posts
2090 upvotes
Durham Region
turtleofoz wrote: My PS4 slim disc drive failed so I can’t even update to 7.00. Thinking about trading it towards a pro, what does EB typically require of console trade ins?
They might turn it on to see if the little light works and it beeps

why do you need disc drive to update?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
networksend wrote: They might turn it on to see if the little light works and it beeps

why do you need disc drive to update?
IIRC it actually does a "Hardware Check" when it updates and if the check fails it won't update and thus you can't go online. So in this case since the disc drive is broken the check fails.
Oct 11, 2018
226 posts
134 upvotes
appropriatename wrote: is the switch console a good deal? wanting to buy one for a long time, don't know if I should wait.
Just got one at Shoppers when they had the 20% off + the RFD 20x points coupon. Thought it was a pretty good deal, if you missed that then the next best thing to do is wait for Boxing Day (or if another 20% off + 20x points opens up, get it then because I think that's better than anything that'll come out during black friday/boxing week).
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: Went to EB Games tonight and found out that NHL 20 is now $59.99. Really had wanted it with the Devils having a vastly different roster this season and win or lose it is exciting and well wanted to buy but of course they have it when I am short on this kind of cash. The promo goes til the 20th for this though. Anyway just wanted to share that it is that cheap now as I think many Canadians would be interested in this deal .. Eh? : )

Also the 2 for 20 did not work for me as I wanted NHL 19 for $10 but could not find a 2nd game to buy that fit what I would play or want in my collection. Anyway was told games come in every day so check back. I saw that with this promotion though it can end at any time at the discretion of the manager.

So no large haul from EB Games but $5 Friday netted me am awesome Fallout journal for $4.50.
Been looking for that fallout journal ever since the big online sale. Which location did you check?

Also +1 on your NHL 20 advice. I picked it up and while it isn't worth the $79.99 MSRP, at $59 I'd say it's well worth it. The game feels a lot better (although it is still very glitchy/you can't really start a franchise mode right now if you care about prospects).
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
719 posts
1759 upvotes
Any one trade in their slim for the pro? Were you able to get the NHL bundle or any other bundle?
Oct 18, 2017
929 posts
1941 upvotes
New Brunswick
Do we think Spiderman GOTY edition will go on for $29.99 Black Friday? I've been looking to pick it up, but if it will go lower, I mine as well wait.
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
719 posts
1759 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: RDR2 hasn't even officially hit $39.99 here, anything lower is a pipe dream.
Playd version was $20 a while back for their online sale
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
2367 posts
1448 upvotes
Sarnia
brandonw17 wrote: Just got one at Shoppers when they had the 20% off + the RFD 20x points coupon. Thought it was a pretty good deal, if you missed that then the next best thing to do is wait for Boxing Day (or if another 20% off + 20x points opens up, get it then because I think that's better than anything that'll come out during black friday/boxing week).

Been looking for that fallout journal ever since the big online sale. Which location did you check?

Also +1 on your NHL 20 advice. I picked it up and while it isn't worth the $79.99 MSRP, at $59 I'd say it's well worth it. The game feels a lot better (although it is still very glitchy/you can't really start a franchise mode right now if you care about prospects).
Got the Fallout journal at EB Games in SW Ontario at Lambton Mall location (Sarnia).
Mar 26, 2007
325 posts
203 upvotes
Is the 30% bonus trade in value a good deal? And does it have to go towards a flyer item? :(

I'm looking to get rid of a game that, according to their website, is worth $25. But wonder if I should hold onto it for a little longer.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
2367 posts
1448 upvotes
Sarnia
Still can't find a game to pair with NHL 19 for the 2 for $20 deal. Running out of time and money here. :S I noticed btw they had many games at odd prices like $22.49 and even the person working at one of the two EB Games I checked said the same thing. Anyway it isn't going to kill me to not get NHL 19 right now as NHL 20 already on sale for $59.99 will be on sale at that price around Black Friday / Xmas / whatever.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
8012 posts
4748 upvotes
Montreal
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: Still can't find a game to pair with NHL 19 for the 2 for $20 deal. Running out of time and money here. :S I noticed btw they had many games at odd prices like $22.49 and even the person working at one of the two EB Games I checked said the same thing. Anyway it isn't going to kill me to not get NHL 19 right now as NHL 20 already on sale for $59.99 will be on sale at that price around Black Friday / Xmas / whatever.
Do you want PS4 version?
if so, check your private messages.
VirginPlus / Stickermule / HP Instant Ink
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Well they finally dropped the prices of God of War and Lost Legacy Play'd so I got both for $20.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2017
2027 posts
3623 upvotes
Toronto
Got lucky at the EB I went to. They had factory sealed copies of Uncharted Lost Legacy and Gran Turismo Sport that they were selling as part of their used inventory. I was able to get them as part of the 2 for $20 deal.