Expired Hot Deals

[EB Games] EB Games "Big" flyer Oct 11-20

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2019 5:23 am
Tags:
Jr. Member
Aug 28, 2006
105 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
been waiting for EB to do another PS4 for PS4 Pro trade in and they capped it with just the slim.
i did want a switch or to wait til black friday/boxing day.

decisions, decisions.....
Jr. Member
Jun 15, 2019
183 posts
158 upvotes
Just so you guys know, if you go to a eb games that only has the pro version of a game bundle, you get the bundle for $249 deal. So if you sell the game you can bring this deal down to $199 or lower.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14188 posts
4330 upvotes
Montreal
WL1980 wrote: Sony recently back peddled on that so it may not be full backward compatibility.
Seriously? Do you have a link to this, as I can't find anything.

Edit: Just found it, and as usual, Sony is pulling more double-talk BS about them "working on it" and if it's possible "we'll update you later". It's obvious they're going to false-blame it on the new controllers with haptic response, and Sony has been heavily promoting this, while downplaying the PS4 BC.

Exact quote: ""Currently, the dev team is putting all power on verifying whether they can secure a complete compatibility. Please wait for more information."

Translation; There will be no full PS4 BC for the PS5, but we'll have lots and lots and lots of expensive Remasters! Smiling Face With HornsSmiling Face With HornsSmiling Face With Horns
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7830 posts
2402 upvotes
Marc Cerny already confirmed backwards compatibility with PS4 games.
PS3 games will never be backwards compatible due to the complex Cell Architecture used in PS3.

https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-s ... n-console/
https://www.thegamer.com/sony-confirms- ... ompatible/
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/10 ... iday-2020/

XBox Scarlett will be backwards compatible with XBox One and will still support the around 25% of XBox 360 games that were made
backwards compatible with XB1. Microsoft stopped adding new backwards compatible 360 games until presumably next gen rolls around.




JackWhyte wrote: Seriously? Do you have a link to this, as I can't find anything.

Edit: Just found it, and as usual, Sony is pulling more double-talk BS about them "working on it" and if it's possible "we'll update you later". It's obvious they're going to false-blame it on the new controllers with haptic response, and Sony has been heavily promoting this, while downplaying the PS4 BC.

Exact quote: ""Currently, the dev team is putting all power on verifying whether they can secure a complete compatibility. Please wait for more information."

Translation; There will be no full PS4 BC for the PS5, but we'll have lots and lots and lots of expensive Remasters! Smiling Face With HornsSmiling Face With HornsSmiling Face With Horns
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14188 posts
4330 upvotes
Montreal
XFactor11 wrote: Marc Cerny already confirmed backwards compatibility with PS4 games.
LOL, did you check the dates on those articles - way, way back in April and Sony just recently changed their tune on BC as of THIS WEEK (actually 5 days ago).

Seriously, :facepalm:

They may still deliver on full PS4 BC, but it doesn't change the usual Sony waffling, double-speak and wordplay (a la the PS2 "full compatibility) or the chance they're hyping the "new controllers" as a method of fake-blaming them for not allowing BC.

The new Xbox is looking much better, 100% full BC back several gens + Xbox One controller compatibility as well.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 22, 2013
1035 posts
728 upvotes
Toronto
cashinstinct wrote: check local ads, you can find nhl 19 for $10 from someone selling their old game.
Eh people still asking for $15. At least with the people I checked with. Also though an odd thing happened last night and that is despite just have NHL 19 installed on my console it allowed me to do everything including online play. Again installed but no disc as my son has it at his home eh it still all worked. I checked to see if I had a membership to EA Access but I did not. Anyway happy for some free play time with it and hope it continues. LOL!
Sr. Member
Mar 15, 2010
825 posts
1143 upvotes
Toronto
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: Eh people still asking for $15. At least with the people I checked with. Also though an odd thing happened last night and that is despite just have NHL 19 installed on my console it allowed me to do everything including online play. Again installed but no disc as my son has it at his home eh it still all worked. I checked to see if I had a membership to EA Access but I did not. Anyway happy for some free play time with it and hope it continues. LOL!
The game was free with gold back in july thats why
Jr. Member
May 26, 2011
161 posts
187 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote: LOL, did you check the dates on those articles - way, way back in April and Sony just recently changed their tune on BC as of THIS WEEK (actually 5 days ago).

Seriously, :facepalm:

They may still deliver on full PS4 BC, but it doesn't change the usual Sony waffling, double-speak and wordplay (a la the PS2 "full compatibility) or the chance they're hyping the "new controllers" as a method of fake-blaming them for not allowing BC.

The new Xbox is looking much better, 100% full BC back several gens + Xbox One controller compatibility as well.
What in the world are you going on about? The PS5 will be backwards compatible with PS4. I guarantee you. Also, the PS4 was way better than Xbox One this gen, and I expect the same next gen. Why? The MUCH better exclusive Sony games. I'm not buying a new system to play old games anyway - I barely even used the Xbox One's backwards compatibility with Xbox 360.
Sr. Member
Mar 15, 2010
825 posts
1143 upvotes
Toronto
Canuck28 wrote: What in the world are you going on about? The PS5 will be backwards compatible with PS4. I guarantee you. Also, the PS4 was way better than Xbox One this gen, and I expect the same next gen. Why? The MUCH better exclusive Sony games. I'm not buying a new system to play old games anyway - I barely even used the Xbox One's backwards compatibility with Xbox 360.
I have both systems but the compatible controller for xbox is a big one. I hate starting over with just one controller
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1782 posts
319 upvotes
If anyone buys the ps4 pro nhl bundle I'd be interested in the game. PM me.
Newbie
Dec 28, 2017
7 posts
2 upvotes
My PS4 slim disc drive failed so I can’t even update to 7.00. Thinking about trading it towards a pro, what does EB typically require of console trade ins?
Newbie
Oct 3, 2008
43 posts
5 upvotes
Richmond, BC
its hit n miss, supposed to be a fully working console with all accessories, any missing accessories/damages would be a hit towards ur trade value.
i went in with my mint condition, fully working PS4 that was packaged nicely back into the oem box. the guy told me its gonna take some time and told me to walk arnd the store, literally 5 mins later he accepts my trade, i dont think he thoroughly tested my PS4, so YMMV.
Sr. Member
Nov 24, 2015
673 posts
440 upvotes
Durham Region
turtleofoz wrote: My PS4 slim disc drive failed so I can’t even update to 7.00. Thinking about trading it towards a pro, what does EB typically require of console trade ins?
They might turn it on to see if the little light works and it beeps

why do you need disc drive to update?

Top