Dec 26, 2014
2218 posts
1694 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
networksend wrote:
Oct 15th, 2019 6:57 am
They might turn it on to see if the little light works and it beeps

why do you need disc drive to update?
IIRC it actually does a "Hardware Check" when it updates and if the check fails it won't update and thus you can't go online. So in this case since the disc drive is broken the check fails.
Oct 11, 2018
116 posts
67 upvotes
appropriatename wrote:
Oct 10th, 2019 7:11 pm
is the switch console a good deal? wanting to buy one for a long time, don't know if I should wait.
Just got one at Shoppers when they had the 20% off + the RFD 20x points coupon. Thought it was a pretty good deal, if you missed that then the next best thing to do is wait for Boxing Day (or if another 20% off + 20x points opens up, get it then because I think that's better than anything that'll come out during black friday/boxing week).
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2019 11:40 pm
Went to EB Games tonight and found out that NHL 20 is now $59.99. Really had wanted it with the Devils having a vastly different roster this season and win or lose it is exciting and well wanted to buy but of course they have it when I am short on this kind of cash. The promo goes til the 20th for this though. Anyway just wanted to share that it is that cheap now as I think many Canadians would be interested in this deal .. Eh? : )

Also the 2 for 20 did not work for me as I wanted NHL 19 for $10 but could not find a 2nd game to buy that fit what I would play or want in my collection. Anyway was told games come in every day so check back. I saw that with this promotion though it can end at any time at the discretion of the manager.

So no large haul from EB Games but $5 Friday netted me am awesome Fallout journal for $4.50.
Been looking for that fallout journal ever since the big online sale. Which location did you check?

Also +1 on your NHL 20 advice. I picked it up and while it isn't worth the $79.99 MSRP, at $59 I'd say it's well worth it. The game feels a lot better (although it is still very glitchy/you can't really start a franchise mode right now if you care about prospects).
Penalty Box
Dec 14, 2017
427 posts
653 upvotes
Any one trade in their slim for the pro? Were you able to get the NHL bundle or any other bundle?
Oct 18, 2017
88 posts
87 upvotes
New Brunswick
Do we think Spiderman GOTY edition will go on for $29.99 Black Friday? I've been looking to pick it up, but if it will go lower, I mine as well wait.
Penalty Box
Dec 14, 2017
427 posts
653 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote:
Oct 9th, 2019 3:47 pm
RDR2 hasn't even officially hit $39.99 here, anything lower is a pipe dream.
Playd version was $20 a while back for their online sale
Nov 22, 2013
685 posts
518 upvotes
Toronto
brandonw17 wrote:
Oct 15th, 2019 12:25 pm
Just got one at Shoppers when they had the 20% off + the RFD 20x points coupon. Thought it was a pretty good deal, if you missed that then the next best thing to do is wait for Boxing Day (or if another 20% off + 20x points opens up, get it then because I think that's better than anything that'll come out during black friday/boxing week).

Been looking for that fallout journal ever since the big online sale. Which location did you check?

Also +1 on your NHL 20 advice. I picked it up and while it isn't worth the $79.99 MSRP, at $59 I'd say it's well worth it. The game feels a lot better (although it is still very glitchy/you can't really start a franchise mode right now if you care about prospects).
Got the Fallout journal at EB Games in SW Ontario at Lambton Mall location (Sarnia).
Mar 26, 2007
138 posts
47 upvotes
Is the 30% bonus trade in value a good deal? And does it have to go towards a flyer item? :(

I'm looking to get rid of a game that, according to their website, is worth $25. But wonder if I should hold onto it for a little longer.
Nov 22, 2013
685 posts
518 upvotes
Toronto
Still can't find a game to pair with NHL 19 for the 2 for $20 deal. Running out of time and money here. :S I noticed btw they had many games at odd prices like $22.49 and even the person working at one of the two EB Games I checked said the same thing. Anyway it isn't going to kill me to not get NHL 19 right now as NHL 20 already on sale for $59.99 will be on sale at that price around Black Friday / Xmas / whatever.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
6199 posts
1909 upvotes
Montreal
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote:
Oct 16th, 2019 11:53 pm
Still can't find a game to pair with NHL 19 for the 2 for $20 deal. Running out of time and money here. :S I noticed btw they had many games at odd prices like $22.49 and even the person working at one of the two EB Games I checked said the same thing. Anyway it isn't going to kill me to not get NHL 19 right now as NHL 20 already on sale for $59.99 will be on sale at that price around Black Friday / Xmas / whatever.
Do you want PS4 version?
if so, check your private messages.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2218 posts
1694 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Well they finally dropped the prices of God of War and Lost Legacy Play'd so I got both for $20.
Nov 19, 2017
566 posts
1363 upvotes
Toronto
Got lucky at the EB I went to. They had factory sealed copies of Uncharted Lost Legacy and Gran Turismo Sport that they were selling as part of their used inventory. I was able to get them as part of the 2 for $20 deal.