[EB Games] EB Games minimum $10 trade January 17th only

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 6:02 am
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
5338 posts
3146 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm always torn with these $10 min trade in as a "collector".

I finished all three Wolfenstein games. Am I likely to replay them anytime soon? No. Do I like having them in my collection, yes. I don't want to go through the hassle of repurchasing but at the same time....I have a solid 30 games that I feel the same about, you know?
Nov 20, 2017
447 posts
325 upvotes
Toronto
Said212 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 7:33 pm

I finished all three Wolfenstein games. Am I likely to replay them anytime soon? No. Do I like having them in my collection, yes. I don't want to go through the hassle of repurchasing but at the same time....I have a solid 30 games that I feel the same about, you know?
Just get rid of them unless you have lots of free time.

By the time you get around to replaying them (if you want to even), there will be new games out.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
5338 posts
3146 upvotes
Mississauga
EananC641158 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 8:03 pm
Just get rid of them unless you have lots of free time.

By the time you get around to replaying them (if you want to even), there will be new games out.
Fair point. To be honest I don't even think I'd ever get around to replaying them...it's the "oh I own it" feeling. Like the folks who would DVD movies and now they collect dust.

I think I'll trade a bunch in...it makes sense.
Jul 9, 2009
145 posts
84 upvotes
Cornwall
zerocool24 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 5:29 pm
It also doesnt say watchdogs or the first destiny and both have been rejected in the past
What about Destiny 2?
[OP]
Feb 5, 2014
60 posts
61 upvotes
Kitchener
KyleG39654 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 7:22 pm
Is Quantum Break acceptable for this event ? Thank you
As long as you have the case, artwork and actual disc for any of the 3 mentioned consoles I don't see why not.

:)
May 30, 2011
780 posts
1052 upvotes
KyleG39654 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 7:22 pm
Is Quantum Break acceptable for this event ? Thank you
I think they might accept it. I called a couple weeks ago and the game's TIV is $0.50 (a game that is normally accepted for trades).
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
2879 posts
2483 upvotes
Ottawa
Said212 wrote:

Whenever I have someone see my shelf, they comment how amazing it looks.

I wouldn't give that up for the scraps that EB tries to dangle in my face, like a carrot to a hare.

Naturally, if there's a few games you have your eye on in the future, and you don't see yourself playing the old games again and don't care about the collecting aspect, unload them. I kinda wish I could, but I'm a hoarder through and through.
SigBro wrote: As for the free/not free games, it's a lost cause for anyone trying to have a discussion with you about it because there's always a twinge of rage in your comments if one person sees it one way and you see it another and don't agree with it.
Jan 4, 2014
768 posts
205 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Is there any way to determine what my game is trade in wise to begin with. I've got 3 games I'd love to trade in, but no idea what their worth.
Aug 23, 2012
820 posts
425 upvotes
Everywhere
ahumanbeing wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 10:10 pm
Is there any way to determine what my game is trade in wise to begin with. I've got 3 games I'd love to trade in, but no idea what their worth.
phone call
May 7, 2010
496 posts
38 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
Said212 wrote:

You are either a collector or you're not. Don't pay attention to these type of trade in deals if you are into collecting. You should be collecting for your own satisfaction. If you have a million dollar art piece at home, it's still collecting dust. :)

I've got a friend who collects games as well. After he finishes a game, it goes on the shelf. Some of them he never even played. He doesn't think about "may be I should trade these in instead". So don't worry about anything else and just do what you do.
Oct 12, 2003
632 posts
130 upvotes
Moose Jaw
I'm hoping to dump 23 Xbox One games towards a PS4.(again) I have a craving for MLB The Show again. I'm keeping my best games and have a lot digital. Hopefully they don't reject too many of them. None of them are sports games. I was an achievement ***** but have gotten past it.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
1065 posts
630 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Looks like EA and 2k are dropping their sports game prices to quickly this year that EB doesn't want any more used copies.

Which makes sense. Something like NHL 19 has already hit the $29.99 sale point and it's even on sale for $39.99 right now.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
1065 posts
630 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
putty3d wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 9:04 pm
What about Destiny 2?
They cleared it out at like $5 so I'm going to be thinking "no" here.