Expired Hot Deals

[EB Games] EB Games Trade Deal - $50 for PS4 controller, $30 for PS3 controller. August 11-13 only.

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2017 9:40 am
Aug 13, 2011
769 posts
147 upvotes
ToDealHunter wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 2:34 pm
I just traded 2 ps3 controllers and a bunch of ps3 games...total $160.

My experience: They did check both controllers and they asked for my ID. If you spend your credits right away they will NOT charge you taxes.

I brought all my ps3 games that were collecting dust just to know if I can get anything for them, the employee told me right now is a promotion that you get extra credits for your ps3 games and probably will be the last promotion for ps3 games as Sony is taking slowly away the support for ps3 (no idea if is true or not) honestly I was surprise all but one of my games got accepted and I got $100 for them. My experience was smooth and I got way more of what I was expecting.

Cheers.
I'm assuming the promotion was the trade 3 get an extra $10? Also would you be so kind as to post the trade in values for the games (or even PM me them)? I'm thinking or trading in some PS3 games I have as well. Thanks.
Mar 12, 2013
64 posts
6 upvotes
Just traded in my original PS4 controller. It had a small part of the rubber on the thumbgrip worn off but otherwise was in good shape. No issues with the trade in. Was in and out of store in 2 minutes. Solid trade in value for a 3 year old controller.
Aug 9, 2012
8 posts
3 upvotes
MARKHAM
tonedcarrot wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 5:20 pm
Thanks. How much did they quote you for the 500gb model?
Didn't ask since there was no reason in me knowing what you'd get in exchange for the 500gb model.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1215 posts
100 upvotes
Richmond
ToDealHunter wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 2:34 pm
I just traded 2 ps3 controllers and a bunch of ps3 games...total $160.

My experience: They did check both controllers and they asked for my ID. If you spend your credits right away they will NOT charge you taxes.

I brought all my ps3 games that were collecting dust just to know if I can get anything for them, the employee told me right now is a promotion that you get extra credits for your ps3 games and probably will be the last promotion for ps3 games as Sony is taking slowly away the support for ps3 (no idea if is true or not) honestly I was surprise all but one of my games got accepted and I got $100 for them. My experience was smooth and I got way more of what I was expecting.

Cheers.

Can I ask how many games? Or a few titles that you traded?
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
2585 posts
143 upvotes
Traded in my DS3 controller on Friday towards the purchase of a $50 PS Store card. Controller was in good condition, though they didn't check it at all.

N00b EB Games question: The PS Store card was $50 and the controller trade-in value was $20. I paid a total of $20. Is that because there is no tax on PS Store or PS Plus cards? Or is there no tax for ANY purchase involving a trade-in?

I thought it was just that the subtotal was reduced by the trade-in value first, and then tax added on to the new subtotal?

If no tax, I would trade in a turd game every time I buy something...
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1204 posts
161 upvotes
Scarborough
Smashy wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 8:46 pm
Traded in my DS3 controller on Friday towards the purchase of a $50 PS Store card. Controller was in good condition, though they didn't check it at all.

N00b EB Games question: The PS Store card was $50 and the controller trade-in value was $20. I paid a total of $20. Is that because there is no tax on PS Store or PS Plus cards? Or is there no tax for ANY purchase involving a trade-in?

I thought it was just that the subtotal was reduced by the trade-in value first, and then tax added on to the new subtotal?

There's no tax on PSN cash cards.
Jan 31, 2011
998 posts
446 upvotes
Smashy wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 8:46 pm

LOOK AT YOUR RECEIPT AGAIN.

Gift cards have no tax. PS3 controller credit is supposed to be $30. That is why you paid $20 and only $20.

Games have tax. If you had chosen a game for $50+tax. Then $30 is tax exempt from controller. You would then pay $20+tax for the left over.
PSN: Freedom_G20
Sep 8, 2008
96 posts
2 upvotes
T.O
Traded my siaxis at town centre, picked up a PS4 controller. I also have the original PS3 that plays SACD, tempting to hear it sold for $350, was gonna use it as a cdp.
Mar 23, 2016
30 posts
43 upvotes
LeafsFan30 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 4:17 am
You can't get cash back right?
No but they have few gift cards like Cineplex, Steam, McDonalds, multiple restaurants, Netflix, and Xbox/psn cards
Aug 31, 2015
235 posts
41 upvotes
Concord, ON
MrVulcan wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 4:23 am
No but they have few gift cards like Cineplex, Steam, McDonalds, multiple restaurants, Netflix, and Xbox/psn cards
Thanks! Let's say I trade in a ps4 and ps3 controller for $80, and use that to trade for a new ps4 controller, will it be $75 no tax or $75+tax?
Nov 28, 2013
553 posts
200 upvotes
Quebec
LeafsFan30 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 4:45 am
Thanks! Let's say I trade in a ps4 and ps3 controller for $80, and use that to trade for a new ps4 controller, will it be $75 no tax or $75+tax?
At EbGames you pay taxes on the differenc only

So exemple you have 50$ trade in and buy a 79.99gzme it will do

79.99-50 = 29.99 you'll pay that on the 29.99
Jan 26, 2009
276 posts
77 upvotes
Niagara Region
My son only got $4.50 for his siaxis and $30 each for two dualshock. He kept his camo dual shock. No problems, they were in good shape. He picked up a trainer box of Pokemon cards for 64.95.
Feb 2, 2007
851 posts
17 upvotes
Mississauga
Traded 2 PS3 and 1 PS4 controller without issue. Thanks OP!