Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

EB Games Trade Deal - $50 for PS4 controller, $30 for PS3 controller. August 11-13 only.

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2017 9:40 am
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2558 posts
1776 upvotes
Yeah, they didn't check mine. I told them it was my launch controller and all they said was that they were surprised that the grips on still there.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
miniflight wrote: Why not? Not like they can stop you from trading in and then walk out and walk back in to trade again lol.
it depends on the system. i had my account locked and the district manager call me for trading too much previously.
Jul 24, 2012
394 posts
50 upvotes
Tempting way for me to get some extra credit to upgrade to a Pro, Question, If I want to take advantage of the $200 trade credit for my original PS4 to get the Pro, will I be able to take my original system home to transfer the data to the Pro and then bring to store to get the credit? I'm assuming I'd have to pay full price for the Pro and then get it adjusted when I bring in my old PS4?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2558 posts
1776 upvotes
andy521a wrote: Tempting way for me to get some extra credit to upgrade to a Pro, Question, If I want to take advantage of the $200 trade credit for my original PS4 to get the Pro, will I be able to take my original system home to transfer the data to the Pro and then bring to store to get the credit? I'm assuming I'd have to pay full price for the Pro and then get it adjusted when I bring in my old PS4?
You might be able to do that, but that sounds like a huge inconvenience for everyone. Just back up your data on a USB or cloud.
Oct 6, 2010
459 posts
288 upvotes
London
andy521a wrote: Tempting way for me to get some extra credit to upgrade to a Pro, Question, If I want to take advantage of the $200 trade credit for my original PS4 to get the Pro, will I be able to take my original system home to transfer the data to the Pro and then bring to store to get the credit? I'm assuming I'd have to pay full price for the Pro and then get it adjusted when I bring in my old PS4?
I'm not sure but there's an alternative if you have a spare external hard drive. You can use the HDD backup feature from your original, wipe it, trade it in and buy the new one. Then you copy the backup onto the Pro. That's what I did when I sold my original to get a Pro.

To be clear, this is not just copying stuff to an HDD like normal. There's a specific HDD backup feature in the settings.
Jul 24, 2012
394 posts
50 upvotes
RadiantViper wrote: I'm not sure but there's an alternative if you have a spare external hard drive. You can use the HDD backup feature from your original, wipe it, trade it in and buy the new one. Then you copy the backup onto the Pro. That's what I did when I sold my original to get a Pro.

To be clear, this is not just copying stuff to an HDD like normal. There's a specific HDD backup feature in the settings.
I don't have an external HD, I don't mind re-downloading/installing my games but am curious if all the save data and trophies are automatically saved in the cloud? I do have PS Plus and I understand that's a feature included, essentially all I would need to do is reinstall my games from the disk or store and I should be good?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2558 posts
1776 upvotes
Yeah, you're going to have to download/reinstall everything. Your saves should already be on the cloud with PS+, but back them up on a USB just in case. Trophies are already synced to your profile regardless.
Jul 24, 2012
394 posts
50 upvotes
whoa-albert wrote: Yeah, you're going to have to download/reinstall everything. Your saves should already be on the cloud with PS+, but back them up on a USB just in case. Trophies are already synced to your profile regardless.
Perfect, thanks. That's the answer I was looking for :)
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8478 posts
5289 upvotes
Toronto
What does "remember to use the credit right away on something or put it towards a preorder to save tax" mean? Can't you use it another day?

Also, does a ps4 controller work fine with a ps3? Or limited functionality?
Feb 27, 2011
285 posts
658 upvotes
You can buy the Pro, take it home to transfer everything from your old PS4 then go back to get a refund and do the tradein. Thats how I got my Pro last year.
Penalty Box
May 12, 2011
3407 posts
487 upvotes
North Vancouver
fightbriz wrote: What does "remember to use the credit right away on something or put it towards a preorder to save tax" mean? Can't you use it another day?

If u put the credit on a edge or gift card you will have to pay tax when u buy something. It's better to put the $$$ on a pre order so u don't get dinged for tax. You can always change or cancel your pre order.
Feb 27, 2011
285 posts
658 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: What does "remember to use the credit right away on something or put it towards a preorder to save tax" mean? Can't you use it another day?

It means you dont get charged tax if you use the credit right away on a purchase/preorder. If you put the credit on a gift card then it will be taxed whenever you do spend it.

Example: Buy/preorder Pokemon right away = $50 flat

Put credit on a gift card and buy Pokemon later = $50+tax
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2010
1651 posts
1187 upvotes
Canada
zolomskip wrote: Guys. I just spoke to a sales rep in Burnaby, BC. They are offering $40 for dual shock 3.

That's hot!
Can someone that traded in their DS3 confirm it's $40?
Apr 10, 2017
41 posts
6 upvotes
fujiapplelover wrote: Can someone that traded in their DS3 confirm it's $40?
Sorry guys. Unfortunately the sales rep was incorrect. It's only 30. But confirmed the credit can be used on anything. Even steam gift cards.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1453 posts
2191 upvotes
Toronto
zolomskip wrote: Sorry guys. Unfortunately the sales rep was incorrect. It's only 30. But confirmed the credit can be used on anything. Even steam gift cards.

If they arent taking the fat ps3
80gb i think ill just trade one controller and keep the other to sell as a system package one day. Does
Anyone know if eb games sells ea access cards? A ps3 controller for a year of ea access seems mighty fine to me
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2067 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: Also, does a ps4 controller work fine with a ps3? Or limited functionality?
Turns out it has some limits. The PS logo button doesn't work so you need something for that. I can use my PS tv remote for that.

Also looks like not all games work.. so might be safer to keep one around or get a 3rd party one cheap.
Mar 10, 2017
51 posts
4 upvotes
Do I have to trade in the charging cable with the controller or can I just bring in the controller? Thanks.
Apr 20, 2017
273 posts
459 upvotes
d34lhunter wrote: Do I have to trade in the charging cable with the controller or can I just bring in the controller? Thanks.
Just controller
Mar 20, 2012
699 posts
585 upvotes
Vaughan
If you are gonna spend $50+ on recycled products, don't forget to use the coupon from their flyers to get a $10 gift card.
Nov 23, 2007
127 posts
286 upvotes
Toronto
You can use credit towards New items right? Not just Recycled?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)