Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

EB Games Trade Deal - $50 for PS4 controller, $30 for PS3 controller. August 11-13 only.

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2017 9:40 am
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2007
1873 posts
552 upvotes
so I have one controller with analog pad gone (god those first few PS4 controllers were balls) - thinking of trading in my better condition one and replacing the grips myself... has anyone done this before? is it easy/cheap?
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1538 posts
421 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Debonair wrote: so I have one controller with analog pad gone (god those first few PS4 controllers were balls) - thinking of trading in my better condition one and replacing the grips myself... has anyone done this before? is it easy/cheap?
I did this on my PS4 controller and had no issues...there are a few springs for the L2/R2 that are a bit tricky. Other than no issues. I bought grips online off Ebay or Amazon or something.
Oct 30, 2008
84 posts
16 upvotes
DealOrNoDeal55 wrote: If they arent taking the fat ps3
80gb i think ill just trade one controller and keep the other to sell as a system package one day. Does
Anyone know if eb games sells ea access cards? A ps3 controller for a year of ea access seems mighty fine to me
When I went in recent months, they told me they don't sell an actual EA Access card per se. They recommended I use my credit to buy Xbox credit, and then use that credit to make my purchase for EA Access.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2016
2083 posts
1076 upvotes
BC
ShinDiFire wrote: It means you dont get charged tax if you use the credit right away on a purchase/preorder. If you put the credit on a gift card then it will be taxed whenever you do spend it.

Example: Buy/preorder Pokemon right away = $50 flat

Put credit on a gift card and buy Pokemon later = $50+tax
Base on your example, this is only appropriate if what you are going to buy is taxable.

Because I am thinking of getting psn cards, they dont charge tax on it right? But not right now...
Oct 1, 2007
303 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
Do they sell new ps3 controllers still? I have two ps3 controllers which are little finicky. Will be great if I can trade two to a get new one.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
1100 posts
95 upvotes
Magog
ShinDiFire wrote: It means you dont get charged tax if you use the credit right away on a purchase/preorder. If you put the credit on a gift card then it will be taxed whenever you do spend it.

Example: Buy/preorder Pokemon right away = $50 flat

Put credit on a gift card and buy Pokemon later = $50+tax
Sorry it has been years since i traded stuff at EB >.< Does this work with anything you can pre-order/buy? Because i have 4 DS4 that are just laying around (don't ask) so i would trade them for 200 credit and put that toward the Destiny 2 limited Edition ps4 pro bundle... would i really have no tax to pay on the bundle ????? Because thats a lot for somebody in Qc lol
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3762 posts
1544 upvotes
Montreal
I have like 6 PS3 controllers I can trade some away any limits to it?
Jan 18, 2006
73 posts
21 upvotes
Ottawa
tarushin wrote: I have like 6 PS3 controllers I can trade some away any limits to it?
No problem, this morning I traded in 5 DS3s and 2 DS4s at once, $250!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2061 upvotes
Cryptopsy wrote: Sorry it has been years since i traded stuff at EB >.< Does this work with anything you can pre-order/buy? Because i have 4 DS4 that are just laying around (don't ask) so i would trade them for 200 credit and put that toward the Destiny 2 limited Edition ps4 pro bundle... would i really have no tax to pay on the bundle ????? Because thats a lot for somebody in Qc lol
The trade in credit reduces value of the item you are pre ordering. You then get charged tax on the remainder of of the price.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
1100 posts
95 upvotes
Magog
uklamen wrote: The trade in credit reduces value of the item you are pre ordering. You then get charged tax on the remainder of of the price.
Ahhh i see thank you! Make more sense lol
Jan 30, 2009
60 posts
5 upvotes
xspectre wrote: Anyone try to trade in the PS3 sixaxis controller (the one without rumble)? Do you get $30 trade credit?
i just tried today, sixaxis is ineligible for this promotion rep said, traded in my other DS3 for 30 though
Oct 6, 2010
459 posts
288 upvotes
London
andy521a wrote: I don't have an external HD, I don't mind re-downloading/installing my games but am curious if all the save data and trophies are automatically saved in the cloud? I do have PS Plus and I understand that's a feature included, essentially all I would need to do is reinstall my games from the disk or store and I should be good?
Saves should be auto uploaded if you have Plus. You can go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management and check the saves you have online there, and manually upload any saves you need to as well.

Just make sure to remove the account from the system and wiping it before trading it in.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2006
1254 posts
426 upvotes
Mississauga
Wow this is the worst promo ever...went to South Common EB Games and my DS4 controller was denied because of wear....I mean do they want you to buy a new controller, open it and then trade it? The sony controllers have ALWAYS been like that. After minimal use the analogs begin to fade. Mine wasn't even bad at all. A lot better than anyone else I know who has a PS4.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
2217 posts
952 upvotes
Toronto
fhfn2000 wrote: When I went in recent months, they told me they don't sell an actual EA Access card per se. They recommended I use my credit to buy Xbox credit, and then use that credit to make my purchase for EA Access.
Can you do that now? Previously MS would only allow you to buy subscriptions with a CC, not with credit.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
3644 posts
1415 upvotes
BC
Thanks op! Traded in one ds4 with a sticky dpad and one ds3 I got for free at a garage sale for $80. Picked up Nier for $50 and still have $35 credit for a ds4 when it goes on sale later in the year. Put it on a pre-order to keep the tax on the account.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2010
1651 posts
1187 upvotes
Canada
SWstriker17 wrote: Wow this is the worst promo ever...went to South Common EB Games and my DS4 controller was denied because of wear....I mean do they want you to buy a new controller, open it and then trade it? The sony controllers have ALWAYS been like that. After minimal use the analogs begin to fade. Mine wasn't even bad at all. A lot better than anyone else I know who has a PS4.
This is why I try to avoid dealing with EB games if possible. Some people have no problems trading in their disgusting controllers, some people are offered less credit, and some people get denied like you for something minor. Try a different store, or go back when the rep that denied the trade is off.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2004
2439 posts
735 upvotes
3 DS4s, 2 DS3s, and 1 OG PS4 == new Switch + $10 credit. No taxes at all. Wasn't planning on getting a Switch, but here I am. >.>
Oct 18, 2004
409 posts
42 upvotes
At Ironwood EB in BC, traded 2 DS3s and 1 DS4 today. Was denied trading in a DS3 with a nub-less stick. Still pretty great promo.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2558 posts
1776 upvotes
SWstriker17 wrote: Wow this is the worst promo ever...went to South Common EB Games and my DS4 controller was denied because of wear....I mean do they want you to buy a new controller, open it and then trade it? The sony controllers have ALWAYS been like that. After minimal use the analogs begin to fade. Mine wasn't even bad at all. A lot better than anyone else I know who has a PS4.
First of all you should have called or actually read this topic before trying.

My launch controllers still have the rubbers on the analogs. You just didn't take care of your controller. Not EB Games' fault.
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11263 posts
6199 upvotes
Ontario
I am no fan of eb just like most of you here. However, gotta give credit when due, $50 for ps4 controller is fair. Condition of controller is solely dependent on you, possibly on Sony (if defective), eb has nothing to do with it. I traded launch ps4 controller that looked like new, so I had no problem. Wear and tear is just that, I wouldn't accept worn controllers either.