Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

EB Games Trade Deal - $50 for PS4 controller, $30 for PS3 controller. August 11-13 only.

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2017 9:40 am
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2006
1254 posts
426 upvotes
Mississauga
ToDealHunter wrote: Whatever kido. Lots of people getting on this promo with out an issue guess why...because their controllers were in GOOD condition.

Nobody is acting like pricks..or treading you like a criminal, I find hard to believe TWO diferent locations denied your controller because they are douchbags like you called them. Again they are doing their jobs to screen the controllers and refuse the bad ones, you already accepted your controller has a slightly tear damage but you still want them to pay you full and come here insulting the employees and with all this drama show. "They treated me like a criminal" lol

I am going to trade 2 ps3 controllers will report my awful and traumatic experience later.
No this guy is right. When I walked into south common store the lady (who I think could have been the manager judging by how she presented herself) saw the controller in my hand and was already opening her mouth to speak. I looked at her in confusion. I just traded my USED controller into another eb games. Lol the way she reacted was like I had to buy a new controller, open it and trade that in. Just because some are getting good reps doesn't mean it's not happening.

The other eb store stated my controller was fine. Normal wear and tear from a controller taken care of for 4 years
Jan 14, 2017
73 posts
35 upvotes
tried to trade sixaxis in two locations no luck , both locations identified it not a ds3 and gave me only $4 oh well at least i got a backup ..
Aug 9, 2012
20 posts
8 upvotes
MARKHAM
tonedcarrot wrote: If you have the composite cable bring that with you just in case. Let us know how it worked out for you.
Just got back from EB Games, here are my results:

-They accepted my 2 PS3 controllers no problem whatsoever. They didn't check it at all; I just went up to the counter, said that I was interested in their promotion and they took my ps3 controllers.
-For PS3s, they now only accept the 500gb model. They do not accept any other models older than the 500gb version.

Regardless of them not taking my PS3, i'm happy with the $60 trade-in. Gave them an extra $5 for 2 Google Play cards.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
For the PS4 controller, does anyone here know if they give the full trade in credit ($50 + tax) towards gift cards?

I'm looking to pick up a $50 Steam card to use towards a pre-order for Project CARS 2.

Since gift cards are tax free, theoretically I should receive a $6 store-credit here in BC if my controller is actually worth $56 in trade towards an immediate store purchase.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
8010 posts
4747 upvotes
Montreal
Woah! wrote: For the PS4 controller, does anyone here know if they give the full trade in credit ($50 + tax) towards gift cards?

I'm looking to pick up a $50 Steam card to use towards a pre-order for Project CARS 2.

Since gift cards are tax free, theoretically I should receive a $6 store-credit here in BC if my controller is actually worth $56 in trade towards an immediate store purchase.
If you choose a tax free purchase, it's your choice/problem.

You will not get $6 back
VirginPlus / Stickermule / HP Instant Ink
Nov 13, 2016
445 posts
222 upvotes
Liv3urway wrote: Just got back from EB Games, here are my results:

-They accepted my 2 PS3 controllers no problem whatsoever. They didn't check it at all; I just went up to the counter, said that I was interested in their promotion and they took my ps3 controllers.
-For PS3s, they now only accept the 500gb model. They do not accept any other models older than the 500gb version.

Regardless of them not taking my PS3, i'm happy with the $60 trade-in. Gave them an extra $5 for 2 Google Play cards.
Thanks. How much did they quote you for the 500gb model?
Sep 5, 2011
634 posts
146 upvotes
NL
ShinDiFire wrote: EB Games has a promo starting August 11 until August 13. Controllers must be in working condition.

Trade any Dualshock 4, get $50

Trade any Dualshock 3, get $30.

Perfect time to dump any old controllers you might have lying around. As always, remember to use the credit right away on something or put it towards a preorder to save tax.
I haven't traded in something in years, what do you mean use the credit right away to save tax?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
theDuder wrote:
I haven't traded in something in years, what do you mean use the credit right away to save tax?
Use right away and the value is taken off the sub total of what you are buying or ordering. Meaning before tax so you end up saving 50 plus tax. If you dont use it right away you just get a 50 gc.
Sep 5, 2011
634 posts
146 upvotes
NL
Paigne wrote: Use right away and the value is taken off the sub total of what you are buying or ordering. Meaning before tax so you end up saving 50 plus tax. If you dont use it right away you just get a 50 gc.
Ahh nice, thanks!

Perhaps will pre order the Destiny 2 Pro bundle. Big time investment though
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
theDuder wrote: Ahh nice, thanks!

Perhaps will pre order the Destiny 2 Pro bundle. Big time investment though
Like i suggested earlier, one alternative is order Ni No Kuni 2, which doesnt come out till Jan then if you find something you want to buy, cancel the pre order and use the credit on that. Odds are DS4 will go on sale during either BF or BD so its a decent solution for those who just want to update their DS4 for free (minus not actually having it until it goes on sale).
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2011
1329 posts
360 upvotes
ToDealHunter wrote: I just traded 2 ps3 controllers and a bunch of ps3 games...total $160.

My experience: They did check both controllers and they asked for my ID. If you spend your credits right away they will NOT charge you taxes.

I brought all my ps3 games that were collecting dust just to know if I can get anything for them, the employee told me right now is a promotion that you get extra credits for your ps3 games and probably will be the last promotion for ps3 games as Sony is taking slowly away the support for ps3 (no idea if is true or not) honestly I was surprise all but one of my games got accepted and I got $100 for them. My experience was smooth and I got way more of what I was expecting.

Cheers.
I'm assuming the promotion was the trade 3 get an extra $10? Also would you be so kind as to post the trade in values for the games (or even PM me them)? I'm thinking or trading in some PS3 games I have as well. Thanks.
Mar 12, 2013
83 posts
14 upvotes
Just traded in my original PS4 controller. It had a small part of the rubber on the thumbgrip worn off but otherwise was in good shape. No issues with the trade in. Was in and out of store in 2 minutes. Solid trade in value for a 3 year old controller.
Aug 9, 2012
20 posts
8 upvotes
MARKHAM
tonedcarrot wrote: Thanks. How much did they quote you for the 500gb model?
Didn't ask since there was no reason in me knowing what you'd get in exchange for the 500gb model.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1538 posts
421 upvotes
Richmond, BC
ToDealHunter wrote: I just traded 2 ps3 controllers and a bunch of ps3 games...total $160.

My experience: They did check both controllers and they asked for my ID. If you spend your credits right away they will NOT charge you taxes.

I brought all my ps3 games that were collecting dust just to know if I can get anything for them, the employee told me right now is a promotion that you get extra credits for your ps3 games and probably will be the last promotion for ps3 games as Sony is taking slowly away the support for ps3 (no idea if is true or not) honestly I was surprise all but one of my games got accepted and I got $100 for them. My experience was smooth and I got way more of what I was expecting.

Cheers.

Can I ask how many games? Or a few titles that you traded?
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
2845 posts
293 upvotes
Traded in my DS3 controller on Friday towards the purchase of a $50 PS Store card. Controller was in good condition, though they didn't check it at all.

N00b EB Games question: The PS Store card was $50 and the controller trade-in value was $20. I paid a total of $20. Is that because there is no tax on PS Store or PS Plus cards? Or is there no tax for ANY purchase involving a trade-in?

I thought it was just that the subtotal was reduced by the trade-in value first, and then tax added on to the new subtotal?

If no tax, I would trade in a turd game every time I buy something...
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2499 posts
1099 upvotes
Scarborough
Smashy wrote: Traded in my DS3 controller on Friday towards the purchase of a $50 PS Store card. Controller was in good condition, though they didn't check it at all.

N00b EB Games question: The PS Store card was $50 and the controller trade-in value was $20. I paid a total of $20. Is that because there is no tax on PS Store or PS Plus cards? Or is there no tax for ANY purchase involving a trade-in?

I thought it was just that the subtotal was reduced by the trade-in value first, and then tax added on to the new subtotal?

There's no tax on PSN cash cards.
Tangerine
Simplii
Freedom Mobile
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1198 posts
877 upvotes
Smashy wrote: Traded in my DS3 controller on Friday towards the purchase of a $50 PS Store card. Controller was in good condition, though they didn't check it at all.

LOOK AT YOUR RECEIPT AGAIN.

Gift cards have no tax. PS3 controller credit is supposed to be $30. That is why you paid $20 and only $20.

Games have tax. If you had chosen a game for $50+tax. Then $30 is tax exempt from controller. You would then pay $20+tax for the left over.
Sep 8, 2008
309 posts
99 upvotes
T.O
Traded my siaxis at town centre, picked up a PS4 controller. I also have the original PS3 that plays SACD, tempting to hear it sold for $350, was gonna use it as a cdp.
Mar 23, 2016
55 posts
77 upvotes
LeafsFan30 wrote: You can't get cash back right?
No but they have few gift cards like Cineplex, Steam, McDonalds, multiple restaurants, Netflix, and Xbox/psn cards

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)