Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

EBGames: Upgrade to a 2DS XL for 75$ - Trading 3DS or PSVita 125$ Credit...

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2017 8:27 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3637 posts
1646 upvotes
Has it been confirmed all new 2ds xl use TN panel?
Nov 26, 2015
116 posts
248 upvotes
Hey guys! I have an old 3ds soft modded with homebrews and all. I want to know of a safe way to clean it up so they'll accept it at EB Games. What are they looking at when you trade it in? Also, do I need to bring the SD card back? Thanks a lot guys!
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
Probably going to do this tomorrow for my original 3DS then figure out what to do with the new one. I already have a new 3DS XL.

Does anybody know if today is the last day or the promo still works on July 30
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2004
1167 posts
736 upvotes
Calabogie, ON
SouCHe99 wrote: Hey guys! I have an old 3ds soft modded with homebrews and all. I want to know of a safe way to clean it up so they'll accept it at EB Games. What are they looking at when you trade it in? Also, do I need to bring the SD card back? Thanks a lot guys!
The guy that checked mine was only concerned that it turned on and that it had a changer, he opened the case to get the serial number cuz the sticker on the outside had worn off...he did not go into the menu or check for soft mod (although mine was not moded) You keep the SD so make sure you remember to take it out. The rep said that they do a refurb on them and will change scratched panel or worn buttons and they do a wipe and reset, I would assume this would clean any soft mod.

Only concern would be that the serial number is recorded and could be tied back to you...don't think this would happen but you never know.

Deal ends tomorrow
Banned
Dec 27, 2016
54 posts
69 upvotes
This deal is about to expire. And most stores are out of stock anyways!
Mar 7, 2010
121 posts
13 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
One employee at square one eb games told me they may be extending the trade in promo.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2008
1701 posts
185 upvotes
RadiantViper wrote: Yes, I know it's removed. That doesn't change the part I quoted. I suggest you read it again carefully.

Here's another quote for you: "Once a Nintendo Network ID has been associated to a Nintendo 3DS family system, it can only be moved to a different Nintendo 3DS family system through the Data Transfer process."

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com ... network-id

Won't bother reading your replies since you have trouble understanding this simple concept.
you're missing the point.

"FYI there's a difference between system transfer and NNID transfer. If you want to retain your savegames, obviously you need a system transfer. But if you do a complete format, you can still link your NNID to your new device and redownload all of your games purchased from the eShop and such."
RFD Damage since August '08 = lost track
Mar 11, 2014
196 posts
63 upvotes
Ottawa
thechampion116 wrote: Probably going to do this tomorrow for my original 3DS then figure out what to do with the new one. I already have a new 3DS XL.

Does anybody know if today is the last day or the promo still works on July 30
Called a few places and they all told me that the last day was yesterday the 29th and that they are all sold out in the Ottawa region anyway.
Missed out on it but at least I still have my 75$ + tax in my pockets :)
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1743 posts
1521 upvotes
St Catharines
norgos wrote: But if you do a complete format, you can still link your NNID to your new device and redownload all of your games purchased from the eShop and such.
Pretty sure this is not the case.
Dec 11, 2007
194 posts
33 upvotes
London
I called and was told deal was up. Still really pissed off that I missed this.
Be sure to follow @LuchaComics on twitter - I follow back :-)
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
12141 posts
2760 upvotes
Guelph
rodolfo wrote: I called and was told deal was up. Still really pissed off that I missed this.
Im selling mine in the BST if you want to buy one cheaper than retail.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting. Koodo Member
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2008
1701 posts
185 upvotes
daddyho24 wrote: Pretty sure this is not the case.
pretty sure it is because that's exactly what I did with my old 3ds to the new 2ds.
RFD Damage since August '08 = lost track