Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

Everything with red sticker 50% off board games and gifts

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2019 11:41 am
Feb 18, 2007
138 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto

[EB Games] Everything with red sticker 50% off board games and gifts

Almost every board games and gift are 50% off at this location, Cornwall, Ontario

I got myself a Strangers Thing mug and Deadpool game as you can see in the photos.

They also have expensive board games like Magic: The Gathering: Heroes of Dominaria Board Game Premium Edition for 39.99$ instead of $79.99 on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07BML ... Q56F971W8W
Images
  • 20190515_181355.jpg
  • 20190515_181402.jpg
  • 20190516_005402.jpg
  • received_440378270086952.jpeg
  • received_2242179532507433.jpeg
18 replies
Nov 24, 2009
160 posts
236 upvotes
Cornwall, ON
I'd suggest putting location in the title. Unless someone can confirm other locations as well.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5898 posts
2331 upvotes
Toronto
good post OP, maybe ppl can look at their own stores and report back
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
2212 posts
238 upvotes
Guelph
All EBs are having this sale at the moment, Shipwreck salvage sale as advertised on their website, until May 26. The red sticker items have no edge discount on top. Tons of items, wide range, some great deals, others have been cheaper before with $5 Fridays. Got some decent $5 shirts with this sale.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2009
1055 posts
603 upvotes
Halifax
It's almost like they are realizing people go to EB Games for games, not all the junk they've been trying to sell lately.
Sep 15, 2016
11 posts
18 upvotes
Ebgames carries "Tiny Epic Galaxies". It's a casual gateway type boardgame. Easily portable, easily taught and has great depth for a small game. I highly recommend that game especially at a reduced price point.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
5156 posts
1315 upvotes
London
fusack wrote: I'd suggest putting location in the title. Unless someone can confirm other locations as well.
I went to a London location on the weekend and they had the same thing. Didn’t see anything of interest, but there were 3-4 big sections of clearance stuff for 50% off.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
8552 posts
11762 upvotes
GTA
mdc3000 wrote: All EBs are having this sale at the moment, Shipwreck salvage sale as advertised on their website, until May 26. The red sticker items have no edge discount on top. Tons of items, wide range, some great deals, others have been cheaper before with $5 Fridays. Got some decent $5 shirts with this sale.
Yes, from the stuff in the photos I see Monopoly: Nightmare before Christmas and Deadpool vs the World that were on a $5 Friday sale before.
Last edited by tew on May 16th, 2019 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3978 posts
4231 upvotes
sonician wrote: It's almost like they are realizing people go to EB Games for games, not all the junk they've been trying to sell lately.
It's probably true for most but personally I actually go for the "junk" as I am not much of a gamer but love picking these knick knacks for my daughter and for myself LOL
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
8552 posts
11762 upvotes
GTA
pongster wrote: It's probably true for most but personally I actually go for the "junk" as I am not much of a gamer but love picking these knick knacks for my daughter and for myself LOL
I got a Prince Harry & Megan wedding 2 pack pop for less than half price for my wife. The sale has been on for a while now so stores might be picked over but it's not mostly board games on sale, it's pretty much a little of everything except video games.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3978 posts
4231 upvotes
tew wrote: I got a Prince Harry & Megan wedding 2 pack pop for less than half price for my wife. The sale has been on for a while now so stores might be picked over but it's not mostly board games on sale, it's pretty much a little of everything except video games.
LOL ...yeah I saw that too ...I was very tempted but didn't buy it xP xP
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2076 upvotes
I'd stop in tomorrow if that Marvel Legendary large box expansion was half price! But no sticker on it.

Probably for the best.. I have expansions I still haven't used.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2076 upvotes
I'd stop in tomorrow if that Marvel Legendary large box expansion was half price! But no sticker on it.

Probably for the best.. I have expansions I still haven't used.
Mar 7, 2011
44 posts
8 upvotes
Edmonton
I was at the EB Games on Stony Plain Road in Edmonton on the weekend, and the employee told me that the red tag was already the 50% off price... I wonder if that wasn't true then?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
2212 posts
238 upvotes
Guelph
The red tag price already has the discount - you pay the red tag price
May 15, 2019
6 posts
This deal is useless... it's not an additional 50%... It's an additional 50% off reg price, with no edge discount!! it was cheaper before in some cases with the edge discount...
Dec 2, 2013
5 posts
1 upvote
sonician wrote: It's almost like they are realizing people go to EB Games for games, not all the junk they've been trying to sell lately.
Sales reports for the American equivalent GameStop seem to imply that, actually, fewer and fewer people are buying physical games (rather than digital downloads). Thus the shift in the store's focus.

Anecdotally, I always stop in if it's convenient, to browse their 'junk' like Funko Pops. If I'm buying a game, I probably know what the game is ahead of purchase, have an idea of if it's getting a good reception, and ordering a physical copy online. Can't remember the last time I browsed an EB's new releases or pre-owned section. Games are pretty expensive and so franchise-based now, that going to a store and picking up a game that catches your eye feels like showing up to a movie theater without knowing first what you're going to see (if the movie theater charged $70 or $80 a ticket).
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7399 posts
2413 upvotes
T dot 6
They trying to diversify because everything is going digital. They are the next Blockbuster and they know it.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)