Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

Get $150 towards Nintendo Switch with WiiU trade

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2018 1:13 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2003
5497 posts
2325 upvotes
Not sure if it would be worth it. If you really want to get rid of your Wiiu, sell it on Kijiji or eBay. Someone will buy it for $150 or more for sure. Don't give it to ebgames for them to sell it off at a higher price.

Wiiu is one of the best systems for modding. You can get alot out of the system still. Nintendo doesn't care about patching the exploits on it anymore.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3908 posts
2123 upvotes
Vancouver
OK, this thread is blowing my mind. I bought my kids a WiiU a few years back (they still use it) but all I ever heard was that it was a crappy update to the Wii, Nintendo screwed it up, etc. etc. I thought about doing this trade-in but decided not to when my son told me the Switch isn't backward compatible with our games.

I come here now and the WiiU is moddable and collectors are after it?! What can you do with it? What's CFW? I'm totally new to this modding thing for the WiiU system. TIA.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
Bishop8 wrote: OK, this thread is blowing my mind. I bought my kids a WiiU a few years back (they still use it) but all I ever heard was that it was a crappy update to the Wii, Nintendo screwed it up, etc. etc. I thought about doing this trade-in but decided not to when my son told me the Switch isn't backward compatible with our games.

I come here now and the WiiU is moddable and collectors are after it?! What can you do with it? What's CFW? I'm totally new to this modding thing for the WiiU system. TIA.
Ya im curious to re the modding. I did a quick search. Seems like alot of work to me. Just to play older games?
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4320 posts
4919 upvotes
Ottawa
Bishop8 wrote: OK, this thread is blowing my mind. I bought my kids a WiiU a few years back (they still use it) but all I ever heard was that it was a crappy update to the Wii, Nintendo screwed it up, etc. etc. I thought about doing this trade-in but decided not to when my son told me the Switch isn't backward compatible with our games.

Pay someone to mod it. Or just trade it in and get a Switch for cheaper. Bayonetta 2 is coming to Switch in February. The first telltale sign that the Wii U games are getting moved to the Switch, where they belong.

The Wii U is all but dead, just like the Playstation Vita. The Switch is just as alive and active as the Playstation 4.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1466 posts
2212 upvotes
Toronto
trellaine201 wrote: Ya im curious to re the modding. I did a quick search. Seems like alot of work to me. Just to play older games?
Mine isnt modded but my friends is, and his is soft modded. Allows him to play new and old games. He said it wasnt hard to do but i suppose you need to be a bit savvy at thus stuff.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
3057 posts
1504 upvotes
Someone asked int he last thread, I'll ask again though. Does this count for a WHITE Wiiu or is it ONLY for a Black "Deluxe" edition?
Dec 9, 2017
1 posts
bgiles wrote: I still regret selling my wi u and games for $500 on Kijiji so I could never imagine trading it for $150 credit
How long ago was that? I'm thinking of selling mine but have no idea what i'll get for it. its the white 8gb model, and i've got zelda botw, wind waker, smash bros, mario 3d land, new super mario bros, donkey kong tf, mario kart 8, zombiu, and nintendo land.
Aug 29, 2009
669 posts
364 upvotes
Toronto
ph00p wrote: Someone asked int he last thread, I'll ask again though. Does this count for a WHITE Wiiu or is it ONLY for a Black "Deluxe" edition?
Calling them will get you your answer.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2013
1337 posts
239 upvotes
I just got a Switch full price, and sold all the Wii U games that are on Switch (Mario Kart 8, Bayo 2 is coming soon, Splatoon & more) on Kijiji to get the Switch.

But I'm keeping the Wii U for games like Pikmin 3 which probably won't get a port, and obviously for the Wii and GameCube functionality. The Switch right now is a machine to play BOTW, Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 2. If you can survive without those games, keep your Wii U.
Aug 23, 2015
486 posts
386 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I'm pretty sure i bought my Wii U for just over $200 as a refurb direct from Nintendo. I guess it has held its value.
Nov 26, 2013
801 posts
729 upvotes
Winnipeg
I took advantage of this deal when they had it for Boxing Day sales (I got the Mario Edition Switch). Definitely worth it for most. I think people who have jail broken their Wii U might be hesitant to go ahead with this. Personally, the Wii U was a $200 Smash Bros. machine so the decision was easy. I kept all the GameCube adapters and controllers however as I’ve noticed they are now compatible with the Switch.
Banned
Oct 15, 2017
55 posts
36 upvotes
Pay someone to mod it. Or just trade it in and get a Switch for cheaper. Bayonetta 2 is coming to Switch in February. The first telltale sign that the Wii U games are getting moved to the Switch, where they belong.

The Wii U is all but dead, just like the Playstation Vita. The Switch is just as alive and active as the Playstation 4.
what about the PS Vita?! lol.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
3057 posts
1504 upvotes
NonStopInTheMix wrote: Works for both white Wii U and black Wii U
Are you sure? I'll call tomorrow they're not currently open is why I'm asking.

Do you need to trade the sensor bar?
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
3057 posts
1504 upvotes
firesale wrote: what about the PS Vita?! lol.
Fun fact, I asked how much they give for a Vita in NL, they said "We don't take those anymore".
May 25, 2017
30 posts
49 upvotes
I still play my vita. Well at least the remote play.its like taking my Ps4 console to work lol
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
I had a PSP lol modded. I have no idea where it is or if it’s still around.