Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite (X1/PS4) - $29.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 14th, 2018 10:35 am
Oct 31, 2007
310 posts
161 upvotes
Winnipeg
Awesome, been waiting for the price drop, going to pick one up tomorrow! Thanks!
May 18, 2009
463 posts
55 upvotes
Not a bad price considering what it was at release, but if I do get this, I'll hold out for the standard Capcom re-release with all the DLC for the same price ala Marvel vs Capcom 3.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks, OP! Got one at BB with my $5 Rewardszone certificate it was $27 tax included.

Anyone know when the next retail edition with all the extra DLC comess out?
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2561 posts
1777 upvotes
If you don't plan on doing any online play, UMvC3 is a way better game for cheaper too.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
4311 posts
443 upvotes
Thornhill / North Yo…
y2gray wrote: Not a bad price considering what it was at release, but if I do get this, I'll hold out for the standard Capcom re-release with all the DLC for the same price ala Marvel vs Capcom 3.
I'm hoping for this as well. Although I'm a bit doubtful considering that the game didn't sell as well as they expected, and they might be limited to what Disney/Marvel decides.
Mar 3, 2008
499 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
Any word on the seemingly-inevitable Ultra Hyper Super Champion Complete Edition? Hesitant to pull trigger if they're going to release a version with all DLC.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
NightRain wrote: This game is better than it is given credit for. It isn't perfect but is totally worth $29.99 if you enjoy this type of game.

$29.99 for X1 and PS4

https://www.ebgames.ca/PS4/Games/727289 ... m-infinite

https://www.ebgames.ca/Xbox%20One/Games ... m-infinite
Ren wrote: This game is tanking pretty hard. It will probably hit the $20 bargain bin shortly.
Brewmeanie wrote: ultimate mvc3 was amazing, capom style of having a bunch of characters as dlc is starting to screw them over, since a lot of people I know who are into fighting games are now waiting for the utlimate edition, or super edition of the game to come out instead of getting the game at launch
y2gray wrote: Not a bad price considering what it was at release, but if I do get this, I'll hold out for the standard Capcom re-release with all the DLC for the same price ala Marvel vs Capcom 3.
ceraf wrote: I'm hoping for this as well. Although I'm a bit doubtful considering that the game didn't sell as well as they expected, and they might be limited to what Disney/Marvel decides.
Darkhawk wrote: Any word on the seemingly-inevitable Ultra Hyper Super Champion Complete Edition? Hesitant to pull trigger if they're going to release a version with all DLC.
Guys, just letting you all know....because I have been curious myself and investigated...that word is from Capcom and other industry insiders recently that all development has ceased except for some character balances and tweaks for Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite. There will be no further Character additions other than those already announced before.

So they say there will 99% be no chance for an Ultimate or Definitive retail disc release of this game unfortunately...and it will become a collectors item like how Ultimate MvC was a while after release because of Capcom losing it's Marvel licence when Disney bought them. Also, Capcom pissed Marvel/Disney off when they released Ultimate version pretty close to the MvC related date..and will not put themselves in the same position again.

Also, Capcom did not sell as many units as it hoped for of this game...which kind of confirms that any further editions will most probably not be released.

So, I think it will be harder to find this game for people who want to play or collect at a lower price (unless by chance via a clearance item...if stock is found). It might drop to $20 but chances of finding stock will be drastically reduced by then. So get it if you want a physical copy in your collection (new) if you can sooner than later.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
JTparadox wrote: Did they fix Chun Li’s face?
Don't be racist.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2561 posts
1777 upvotes
Scorpionsy wrote: Also, Capcom pissed Marvel/Disney off when they released Ultimate version pretty close to the MvC related date..and will not put themselves in the same position again.
That's different because Ultimate was a new standalone game. A definitive version of MvC:I wouldn't be.
Sep 28, 2017
704 posts
472 upvotes
eb here has TONS of them on the shelf behind the counter.... the guy i talk to when i do go in said because of the issues when released and other stuff it hurt sales and it just doesn't move much unless you are collecting the series or a fan of marvel or capcom products. so i think it will survive long enough to hit the $20 bin or even $15 before it is hard to find. i'm seeing copies both new and used on ebay for $12 including shipping (us funds so about $15-$17 cdn) it's one thing if the game is great off the hop but not if it has issues that will cause people to stay away.
no matter where you go, there you are.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
This game is on full tilt tank mode huh¿? I preordered this but returned it 7days lol
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
3651 posts
1429 upvotes
BC
Scorpionsy wrote: Guys, just letting you all know....because I have been curious myself and investigated...that word is from Capcom and other industry insiders recently that all development has ceased except for some character balances and tweaks for Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite. There will be no further Character additions other than those already announced before.

So they say there will 99% be no chance for an Ultimate or Definitive retail disc release of this game unfortunately...and it will become a collectors item like how Ultimate MvC was a while after release because of Capcom losing it's Marvel licence when Disney bought them. Also, Capcom pissed Marvel/Disney off when they released Ultimate version pretty close to the MvC related date..and will not put themselves in the same position again.

Also, Capcom did not sell as many units as it hoped for of this game...which kind of confirms that any further editions will most probably not be released.

So, I think it will be harder to find this game for people who want to play or collect at a lower price (unless by chance via a clearance item...if stock is found). It might drop to $20 but chances of finding stock will be drastically reduced by then. So get it if you want a physical copy in your collection (new) if you can sooner than later.
Thanks for the heads up. Still think it's crazy how much my sealed copy of UMvC on PS4 goes for.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
whoa-albert wrote: That's different because Ultimate was a new standalone game. A definitive version of MvC:I wouldn't be.
Well, Ultimate MvC 3 was technically just an upgraded version of the game with all the extra DLC from before and additional characters among other changes...so think of it as the Ultra Street Fighter 4 version of Street Fighter 4 for example.

We won't be getting that upgrade with MvC Infinite like that...so no other edition of that game will be coming out on Retail Disc. That is why it's better to get a copy while you can at the sub $30 price....as it will only go up later on as it becomes scarce to find...especially if Capcom loses it's Marvel license again in the near future.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
peytonpeanut2017 wrote: eb here has TONS of them on the shelf behind the counter.... the guy i talk to when i do go in said because of the issues when released and other stuff it hurt sales and it just doesn't move much unless you are collecting the series or a fan of marvel or capcom products. so i think it will survive long enough to hit the $20 bin or even $15 before it is hard to find. i'm seeing copies both new and used on ebay for $12 including shipping (us funds so about $15-$17 cdn) it's one thing if the game is great off the hop but not if it has issues that will cause people to stay away.
That may be the case...but if you recall...Ultimate MvC (even though it sold alright) also had a lot of copies left. Once the game's future is announced or known to be the last version of that game...it was hard to find copies at EB Games. Only lucky people found a few clearance priced copies at Canadian Superstore (of all places). So I predict the same will happen here. In a collectors market...all bets are off...as resellers usually hoard as many as possible copies of such Games (in a way they control the rarity or availability of certain games...knowing that this will lead to the demand and thus higher prices for a game). History is clear on this. Cheers!
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
Ren wrote: Thanks for the heads up. Still think it's crazy how much my sealed copy of UMvC on PS4 goes for.
Thanks!

How much is the sealed Ultimate MvC for PS4 going for? How much was it released for originally? (wasn't it released relatively recently also for PS4?)
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
mikka2017 wrote: This game is on full tilt tank mode huh¿? I preordered this but returned it 7days lol
Yeah, hardcore Ultimate MvC fans became pissed off because Capcom made this game to very accessible to newcomers to the franchise too. Capcom made changes to the fighting and combo system...trying to please both sides...and this I think backfired. I personally think that Infinite (besides the changed graphics...that did look drastically different) has very good gameplay and is an underrated fighting game with creative combo system. Remember, that Capcom wants more players for these types of games....so it is in their business interest to lure casual players to this franchise...not only hardcore fighting fans of the series.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
4440 posts
2955 upvotes
Scorpionsy wrote: That may be the case...but if you recall...Ultimate MvC (even though it sold alright) also had a lot of copies left. Once the game's future is announced or known to be the last version of that game...it was hard to find copies at EB Games. Only lucky people found a few clearance priced copies at Canadian Superstore (of all places). So I predict the same will happen here. In a collectors market...all bets are off...as resellers usually hoard as many as possible copies of such Games (in a way they control the rarity or availability of certain games...knowing that this will lead to the demand and thus higher prices for a game). History is clear on this. Cheers!
Think I found the scalper in the room
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
witenite wrote: Think I found the scalper in the room
Who? I hope you don't think it's me...or I wouldn't have posted the information I did.
I only need one copy for me...the one I got from BB recently. :)
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
3651 posts
1429 upvotes
BC
Scorpionsy wrote: Thanks!

How much is the sealed Ultimate MvC for PS4 going for? How much was it released for originally? (wasn't it released relatively recently also for PS4?)
Close to $100 last time I checked, I got mine for $45 when it launched at EB. Anything gamestop exclusive will go up sealed. Even decidedly bad versions like secret of mana PS4.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)