PC & Video Games

MOST WANTED GAMES (Detailed TIV Listing)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2018 9:11 am
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1197 posts
917 upvotes
Toronto
Pro tip: Check sold listings on Ebay before you trade in your games. You can usually get 50% to 100% more cash for your games by selling them locally or Ebay then trading it into EB.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7409 posts
6686 upvotes
Toronto
Newpunk wrote: Pro tip: Check sold listings on Ebay before you trade in your games. You can usually get 50% to 100% more cash for your games by selling them locally or Ebay then trading it into EB.
True! Although Ebay can be a bit 'inflated' at times, some common sense can go a long way! Like RE7 Vanilla / Horizon Zero Dawn will fetch $20 on kijiji easily, hell I'm lookin' for them, but their TIV is under $15.
Koodo Mobile
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
you also have to factor in tax savings if you are trading towards other games.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
3108 posts
3603 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
rocking23nf wrote: you also have to factor in tax savings if you are trading towards other games.
Ya and if u don't have a game in mind to trade towards... Make sure you ALWAYS put on a preorder. Cuz then you can cancel it after if you choose not to keep that preorder... And they give you store credit equal to the amount with tax. So if you got $10 in your trade, you get $11.30 in store credit after
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5761 posts
3916 upvotes
Toronto
junglemage666 wrote: Ya and if u don't have a game in mind to trade towards... Make sure you ALWAYS put on a preorder. Cuz then you can cancel it after if you choose not to keep that preorder... And they give you store credit equal to the amount with tax. So if you got $10 in your trade, you get $11.30 in store credit after
If I understand you correctly, can I just cancel the pre-order and get the full credit on my edge card? I always thought I had to buy something and return it to do that.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
3108 posts
3603 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Jep4444 wrote: If I understand you correctly, can I just cancel the pre-order and get the full credit on my edge card? I always thought I had to buy something and return it to do that.
you can buy something and return it, or get a preorder and then cancel it another time
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
trixR4kids wrote: $35 for Ps3 Fifa 18 ????!!!
The final games released for any console generation are always sports games, and they be crazy rare.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
Newpunk wrote: Pro tip: Check sold listings on Ebay before you trade in your games.
Yep, and a lot of these last-gen games are the ones that are not available in digital form, making the disc copies in much higher demand.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
4046 posts
1304 upvotes
Toronto
junglemage666 wrote: Ya and if u don't have a game in mind to trade towards... Make sure you ALWAYS put on a preorder. Cuz then you can cancel it after if you choose not to keep that preorder... And they give you store credit equal to the amount with tax. So if you got $10 in your trade, you get $11.30 in store credit after
I have never had this happen where I trade a game and then cancel the preorder and they give me the tax. They always only give the trade value, unless you buy something there. Ie. if i trade in a $50 game and purchase something that is $50 right away, I dont pay anything on top. If I put it on a preorder and later pick up that preorder I only pay tax on the remaining amount after the $50. But if i cancel the preorder I only get $50 back on my edge card, not $50 plus tax
Jep4444 wrote: If I understand you correctly, can I just cancel the pre-order and get the full credit on my edge card? I always thought I had to buy something and return it to do that.
you will only get that face value and loose the tax. So if you trade the game in for $35, put it on a preorder and cancel it you get your $35 back on your card. so you might as well put it on your card from the begining
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2012
1341 posts
3855 upvotes
Canada
undacova wrote: you will only get that face value and loose the tax. So if you trade the game in for $35, put it on a preorder and cancel it you get your $35 back on your card. so you might as well put it on your card from the begining
If you pick up the pre-order, and return it a day later (still sealed) they will give you the full amount including tax on a gift card or edge card.
RFD: Pick any two.
1) In stock
2) Low Price
3) Quality Product
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5761 posts
3916 upvotes
Toronto
undacova wrote: you will only get that face value and loose the tax. So if you trade the game in for $35, put it on a preorder and cancel it you get your $35 back on your card. so you might as well put it on your card from the begining
I once bought something for $50 with pre-order credit, returned it onto a pre-order in another store and noticed it was $56.50 in credit so that's not quite right.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
3108 posts
3603 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
undacova wrote: I have never had this happen where I trade a game and then cancel the preorder and they give me the tax. They always only give the trade value, unless you buy something there. Ie. if i trade in a $50 game and purchase something that is $50 right away, I dont pay anything on top. If I put it on a preorder and later pick up that preorder I only pay tax on the remaining amount after the $50. But if i cancel the preorder I only get $50 back on my edge card, not $50 plus tax

you will only get that face value and loose the tax. So if you trade the game in for $35, put it on a preorder and cancel it you get your $35 back on your card. so you might as well put it on your card from the begining
Say u traded a game and they give you $50 for it, but you decided you don't want to buy anything now... They give you $50 store credit. Then you go back and buy something that is $50... But now you have to pay $57 roughly. If you had traded directly to that item instead, u wouldn't have to pay the $7 tax, cuz the trade value is deducted before the total.

Now if you traded direct to something, say $50 and you return it, they give you $57 in store credit. Because their system shows it as you paid tax (when you didn't) this is the same for preordering and cancelling. So yes you are saving the taxes.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
4046 posts
1304 upvotes
Toronto
Styleman wrote: If you pick up the pre-order, and return it a day later (still sealed) they will give you the full amount including tax on a gift card or edge card.
Jep4444 wrote: I once bought something for $50 with pre-order credit, returned it onto a pre-order in another store and noticed it was $56.50 in credit so that's not quite right.
junglemage666 wrote: Say u traded a game and they give you $50 for it, but you decided you don't want to buy anything now... They give you $50 store credit. Then you go back and buy something that is $50... But now you have to pay $57 roughly. If you had traded directly to that item instead, u wouldn't have to pay the $7 tax, cuz the trade value is deducted before the total.

Now if you traded direct to something, say $50 and you return it, they give you $57 in store credit. Because their system shows it as you paid tax (when you didn't) this is the same for preordering and cancelling. So yes you are saving the taxes.
You guys all have it right, but jungleman originally said that if you put it on a pre-order and cancel it you get the tax back. You don't, what you guys are saying is buying something and then returning it.

Also just check when doing the return, had some hero cars only give me back the credit without tax as they somehow can mark it as trade credit in the system so it doesn't give you tax back as they claim I never paid taxes in the first place so why would I get it back. Only a couple have done this, pain in the butt to get it fixed
Jun 5, 2007
56 posts
18 upvotes
Ottawa
Yet another ripoff deal. Make it worth your while and sell them used on Kijiji. EB`s trade values are ridiculously low and they profit substantially on the re-sell.
"If you can't explain it, you don't understand it."
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
Barkley Holly wrote: Yet another ripoff deal. Make it worth your while and sell them used on Kijiji. EB`s trade values are ridiculously low and they profit substantially on the re-sell.
its not for everyone, but neither is kijiji, kijiji can be very frustrating, someone says they will be there at 7pm, they show up at 7:45pm, then they don't want the item, or want to lowball the item. kijiji can be good when the buyer is good, but there are so many sketchy cheap people around, its a roll of the dice.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
3108 posts
3603 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
rocking23nf wrote: its not for everyone, but neither is kijiji, kijiji can be very frustrating, someone says they will be there at 7pm, they show up at 7:45pm, then they don't want the item, or want to lowball the item. kijiji can be good when the buyer is good, but there are so many sketchy cheap people around, its a roll of the dice.
True, I sold my Samsung s8 plus back in December, was brand new got with Koodo and I just preferred my G5. They all low ball or waste time.. Finally had someone wanting to buy for sure, met them at vaughan mills mall, and the guy was half hour late. Fine.... But then he's like "oh man I saw other people. Selling for 700 and you want 800, could you do $650?" lol... I said no, and he's like "alright, you seem like a nice guy and you got the reciept, I'll give you 750" I said whatever (I got it for 500 taxes in so profit) then he actually takes out $150 and asks for my PayPal address so he can send the other $600... That's when I just walked away. Lesson learned, Kijiji is a waste sometimes. Would never waste my time to get an extra $10 on a video game
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1959 posts
424 upvotes
Halifax
Last I checked selling games is a bit easier than a phone on kijiji. I set my own terms to meet or pickup and if you set an enticing price it gets sold eventually.
RIP E3 30% off pre order games 2011-2019 :twisted:
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
3108 posts
3603 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
shsiddiq wrote: Last I checked selling games is a bit easier than a phone on kijiji. I set my own terms to meet or pickup and if you set an enticing price it gets sold eventually.
You would think so, but people will screw you over for a better deal even if $1 cheaper.. And they won't even call you to tell you they aren't buying anymore from you. Just used the phone as an example, I've sold games and got stiffed, take gas and time into account and I would have been better off trading it in
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
1068 posts
2119 upvotes
junglemage666 wrote: You would think so, but people will screw you over for a better deal even if $1 cheaper.. And they won't even call you to tell you they aren't buying anymore from you. Just used the phone as an example, I've sold games and got stiffed, take gas and time into account and I would have been better off trading it in
It goes both ways, iv seen for example NBA 2k18 go on sale for like $39.99. Yet kids on Kijiji are still asking for $50 for their used copy and then get defensive when you tell them you can buy a new copy for $30 and thats probably why their ad is still up.....

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)