Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

No Man Sky $20

• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2017 10:04 pm
Tags:
Feb 10, 2010
27 posts
31 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
CelusC wrote: Thanks OP! Got it at BB $17.62 tax included. Worth a try.
I was able to price match it at Best Buy and I had 15$ of best buy rewards. So it came out to 3.98$. Less than a coffee at Starbucks. The backlog is bigger.
Nov 7, 2016
113 posts
172 upvotes
BananaBread29 wrote: Wouldn't buy at 99 cents. No man's sky, one man's lie.
Nonsense. My guess is you played it briefly when it first came out (if you actually played it at all)
Some massive updates since release. Damn fine game for $20. I bought for $40 and still say it's worth it at that price point.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Did they ever enable native support for the Thrustmaster T. Flight HOTAS 4 joystick on the PS4?
If so, that make it somewhat enjoyable long enough to get your $20 worth.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2008
1190 posts
501 upvotes
Abbotsford
Seems to be PS4 only. Can you please add that info to the title OP
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2006
1838 posts
268 upvotes
Grimsby, ON
Oooo damn. Now I'm tempted :-S
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
2301 posts
862 upvotes
Toronto
qctrip wrote: I was able to price match it at Best Buy and I had 15$ of best buy rewards. So it came out to 3.98$. Less than a coffee at Starbucks. The backlog is bigger.
But I thought BB doesn't price match when the item is on a short period sale? I thought they only PM for permanent price drops?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
3108 posts
3603 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
BananaBread29 wrote: Wouldn't buy at 99 cents. No man's sky, one man's lie.
Haha, I literally bought it at 85 cents at the flea market lolol.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
4626 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto
tigerhawk33 wrote: But I thought BB doesn't price match when the item is on a short period sale? I thought they only PM for permanent price drops?
It's always YMMV when PMing at BB, but their policy only exempts them from beating 1 day sales, clearances, and black friday/boxing week sales last I checked.
May 5, 2009
617 posts
320 upvotes
Vancouver
Just picked up at BB pm'd to 16.99. Not worth full retail but a good game for 16.99.
Jan 17, 2011
302 posts
111 upvotes
Moncton
I picked it up yesterday at Best Buy. I never followed the game before release, so going in blind after all the updates has me really liking the game.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2011
5834 posts
1219 upvotes
aGincourt
This game is going to be F2P in a year...
Dec 11, 2010
844 posts
308 upvotes
Saskatchewan
tigerhawk33 wrote: But I thought BB doesn't price match when the item is on a short period sale? I thought they only PM for permanent price drops?
No, most BB stores are not busy...they don't even check...they will attempt to make a sale whenever possible. I just give them the item on ebgames.ca or walmart on my phone and always approved PM, everytime, no issues.

But like the other poster said, only on xmas and black friday they will say no.
Dec 11, 2010
844 posts
308 upvotes
Saskatchewan
Swswswish wrote: This game is going to be F2P in a year...
Well before we attempt to buy/invent a time forwarder machine, this will be the best deal for now...
Aug 11, 2011
650 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto
Swswswish wrote: This game is going to be F2P in a year...
They say this about every game that does poorly. I doubt it, especially considering the game actually sold quite well.
Nov 18, 2014
655 posts
616 upvotes
Calgary, AB
miniflight wrote: No, most BB stores are not busy...they don't even check...they will attempt to make a sale whenever possible. I just give them the item on ebgames.ca or walmart on my phone and always approved PM, everytime, no issues.

But like the other poster said, only on xmas and black friday they will say no.
You must be really lucky! The times I have tried to pm at best buy they:
A) check the item on their own computer and print out the page to attach it to their receipt for their admin and
B) phone the store up to see if they have it in stock! They will try up to a maximum of 3 store should the first not have it. No stock ≠ price match.
Jul 14, 2010
155 posts
1 upvote
rrabbit10 wrote: You must be really lucky! The times I have tried to pm at best buy they:
A) check the item on their own computer and print out the page to attach it to their receipt for their admin and
B) phone the store up to see if they have it in stock! They will try up to a maximum of 3 store should the first not have it. No stock ≠ price match.
I have similar experience with BestBuy price match too.
Nov 20, 2010
36 posts
33 upvotes
AB
rrabbit10 wrote: You must be really lucky! The times I have tried to pm at best buy they:
I've never once had BB call to see if stores have stock, that's kinda ridiculous that they do that. As long as it shows stock online it's always been fine for me. It's hit or miss whether they'll pull it up on their computers though.
Nov 18, 2014
655 posts
616 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Epiphany81 wrote: I've never once had BB call to see if stores have stock, that's kinda ridiculous that they do that. As long as it shows stock online it's always been fine for me. It's hit or miss whether they'll pull it up on their computers though.
All the Best Buys in Calgary I have been to do this (and I have tried most). Didn't matter if it was for a $50 video game or a $1000 tv..... I did ask them once and was told it is policy to call because pm is only for instock items.
Or maybe I just look untrustworthy :D lol
Dec 11, 2010
844 posts
308 upvotes
Saskatchewan
Well I don't try to game the PM either. I always do check if it is in stock and locally have some stock at least.

There are times when the sale person takes my phone and show it to his manager for approval. This all took less than a minute, I doubt they did a throughout check anyways.
There are times when the PM gets approved on the spot at the cashier. The cashier just ask another person to help key in some stuff at the cash registrater and off I go.

So all in all, never had any issues
Nov 20, 2010
36 posts
33 upvotes
AB
rrabbit10 wrote: All the Best Buys in Calgary I have been to do this (and I have tried most). Didn't matter if it was for a $50 video game or a $1000 tv..... I did ask them once and was told it is policy to call because pm is only for instock items.
Or maybe I just look untrustworthy :D lol
Just came back from Deerfoot Meadows because of this thread. No phone calls made just pulled it up themselves to verify. Figured for <$20 it's worth a shot.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)