Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

Persona 5 (PS4) - $34.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2018 1:36 pm
50 replies
Nov 30, 2010
629 posts
489 upvotes
Burnaby
80+ hours, no regrets.

SO WE ROLLLLL THE DICEEEEEEEEE
Aug 3, 2014
111 posts
32 upvotes
North York, ON
Slashon wrote: 80+ hours, no regrets.

SO WE ROLLLLL THE DICEEEEEEEEE
I'm at 182 hours, and I still want to do a third run, lol.

Bought the game when it was 20% off preorders (Amazon Prime), and was well worth it at $72. So $35 is an insane steal
Nov 22, 2004
732 posts
2588 upvotes
Best PS4 game of all time so far for me.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1324 posts
1277 upvotes
This game might be amazing, and I enjoyed the combat and the story a lot, but I wasn't patient enough to keep playing the game due to all the text dialog reading. The same goes for Yakuza 0 sadly. Might pick it up again in the future and give it another try.
Dec 27, 2012
260 posts
375 upvotes
mwatcher wrote: Best PS4 game of all time so far for me.
it was a good game, but only an incremental update over p4. in fact, many people would argue that p3/p4 had more memorable characters than p5. i find that most people overpraise p5 due to it being their first persona game. similar to final fantasy, the first one you play will end up being your favourite and can be a life changing experience. p5's biggest problem, and this applies to p3 and p4 as well, is that the dialogue is mostly predictable, extremely drawn out and superfluous. the script needed an editor. p5 didn't really expand on any of the social mechanics from p3/p4 or take it to the next level. p5 is more of the same and while this is not necessarily a bad thing for some, i feel like the template is starting to become stale. good thing studio zero is taking a break from persona and working on a new fantasy IP.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
767 upvotes
Moncton
Great game for those that like anime.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
767 upvotes
Moncton
xristophoros wrote: it was a good game, but only an incremental update over p4. in fact, many people would argue that p3/p4 had more memorable characters than p5. i find that most people overpraise p5 due to it being their first persona game. similar to final fantasy, the first one you play will end up being your favourite and can be a life changing experience. p5's biggest problem, and this applies to p3 and p4 as well, is that the dialogue is mostly predictable, extremely drawn out and superfluous. the script needed an editor. p5 didn't really expand on any of the social mechanics from p3/p4 or take it to the next level. p5 is more of the same and while this is not necessarily a bad thing for some, i feel like the template is starting to become stale. good thing studio zero is taking a break from persona and working on a new fantasy IP.
I played persona 3 first, still like 5 better. I havent played 4 yet though.
Nov 23, 2017
29 posts
29 upvotes
xristophoros wrote: it was a good game, but only an incremental update over p4. in fact, many people would argue that p3/p4 had more memorable characters than p5. i find that most people overpraise p5 due to it being their first persona game. similar to final fantasy, the first one you play will end up being your favourite and can be a life changing experience. p5's biggest problem, and this applies to p3 and p4 as well, is that the dialogue is mostly predictable, extremely drawn out and superfluous. the script needed an editor. p5 didn't really expand on any of the social mechanics from p3/p4 or take it to the next level. p5 is more of the same and while this is not necessarily a bad thing for some, i feel like the template is starting to become stale. good thing studio zero is taking a break from persona and working on a new fantasy IP.
Yeah I played all the persona games and I am getting fatigued. Persona 5 was too drawn out... it was about 40% too long. The dungeons/puzzles were soooo dull.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2010
1651 posts
1187 upvotes
Canada
This was the best game of the decade for me. I played P3, P4, P5 and P5 was by far the best overall.
Nov 30, 2010
629 posts
489 upvotes
Burnaby
JeanPhilippeT wrote: Yeah I played all the persona games and I am getting fatigued. Persona 5 was too drawn out... it was about 40% too long. The dungeons/puzzles were soooo dull.
I agree, the game could have been 75%ish of the length to keep the story elements rolling quicker and prevent the battle mechanics from getting too stale. For me, the soundtrack helped offset a lot of that.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2016
2086 posts
1077 upvotes
BC
great price, great game!

I hope the appearance of joker to smash brothers is an indication that this will be released to switch...
I prefer this kind of games on handhelds so I can still play on the go...
I was only able to 100% persona 4 because of ps vita...
Sep 18, 2008
676 posts
200 upvotes
My brother says great game but very long to platinum. Recommend if you enjoy these type of games.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2008
5064 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
Amazing game buy it if you like jrpgs, or even just anime, just play it on the easiest setting if you want to enjoy the story
Current KOODO customer😎
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
2301 posts
862 upvotes
Toronto
Although it's still a rumour, there's a possibility of a Person 5 Complete Edition sometime in 2019.

This is why I hate games with Season Passes, as more often than not, the eventual "Ultimate" or "Complete" or "Game of the Year" edition will happen. With Bethesda games, it's a given (look at their track record). With some of these other Developers/Publishers... well, it's hard to tell. I got it wrong with Batman Arkham Knight.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2731 posts
2375 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP.

Been waiting for this game to drop in price.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1403 posts
3723 upvotes
New Brunswick
tigerhawk33 wrote: Although it's still a rumour, there's a possibility of a Person 5 Complete Edition sometime in 2019.

This is why I hate games with Season Passes, as more often than not, the eventual "Ultimate" or "Complete" or "Game of the Year" edition will happen. With Bethesda games, it's a given (look at their track record). With some of these other Developers/Publishers... well, it's hard to tell. I got it wrong with Batman Arkham Knight.
The current DLC is all purely aesthetic changes; whether that's worth the extra $45+tax a complete edition would cost is up to you.

Now, if it has extra content not yet released and it's for the Switch, that might be a different story.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
6135 posts
1981 upvotes
Scarborough
Joker in SSBU DLC hype!!!
Dec 7, 2016
270 posts
237 upvotes
Vancouver
Yes! I've always wanted this game. Speaking of which, will it matter if I haven't played the earlier Persona games? Both in terms of gameplay and story?
May 10, 2006
179 posts
282 upvotes
Toronto
Am I wrong or did best buy not have this for $29.99 on black Friday? I know I bought it but can't remember what I paid.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)