• Last Updated:
  • May 10th, 2018 2:26 am
Tags:
None
Sep 4, 2009
205 posts
100 upvotes
Stouffville, ON
Thanks OP. I traded in last minute and picked up the black one from Markham/buroak since they didn't have the white one. The next day i went to markville to exchange it for a white one. The rep was super nice and mentioned they even give out free thumb grips for new ps4 purchases (something that the Markham/buroak location failed to mention).
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2013
1220 posts
459 upvotes
Moncton
divx wrote:
May 2nd, 2018 10:50 am
2160p doesn't specify the horizontal pixel count so both 4096 x 2160 and 3840 x 2160 counts. also, nobody refers to 2k, 1080p and 1440p is common term, but really with all the custom resolution we might as well use the full pixel count of H x V.
Actually 2k is simply 1080p or 2048 * 1080 in cinema. Anyone who calls 1440p 2k has no clue what they are talking about. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2K_resolution

1440p would be 2.5k if we refered to it that way.
Dec 8, 2008
246 posts
62 upvotes
dudeman05 wrote:
May 5th, 2018 9:25 am
I wouldn't say so - with the PS5 on the horizon in the next 2-3 years maybe, which will certainly be an essential upgrade, to me the ps4 pro doesn't seem worth it even with a 4k TV (unless you've got 250 burning a whole in your pocket, I sure don't). That 250 could also buy alot of games, rather than a moderately better machine that plays all the same games as the machine you already have.

Edit: I'm not criticizing those of you that thought it was worth it. I hope you enjoy it. For those like me on a limited budget for games, it seems better spent on actual software.
I agree completely. I had the OG PS4 and my brother got the pro and even for someone who is a huge stickler for video quality the difference on a 4k tv is just so frigging minimal I don't think it's worth it. I would pay tops $100 to upgrade and of that I'd be paying $50 for just the new warranty alone.
Mar 24, 2011
377 posts
59 upvotes
Vancouver
blue_raptor wrote:
May 5th, 2018 10:18 pm
I agree completely. I had the OG PS4 and my brother got the pro and even for someone who is a huge stickler for video quality the difference on a 4k tv is just so frigging minimal I don't think it's worth it. I would pay tops $100 to upgrade and of that I'd be paying $50 for just the new warranty alone.
Is it really minimal? Even on a 4k tv.. does the OG PS4 hold up?
Sep 18, 2017
314 posts
394 upvotes
Vancouver
pentexplorer wrote:
May 5th, 2018 5:26 am
was there any GoW bundle in Vancouver area that was available?
Yup
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2008
2339 posts
772 upvotes
North York
pentexplorer wrote:
May 6th, 2018 11:45 pm
ammm, you are better off getting comments from people who actually do have PS4 Pro. It is absolutely worth getting(provided money is not an issue). Super Sampling and Boost mode are great and SONY supports all their first party games. The third parties are also trying/ofering and I think they are doing great.
Titan Fall 2, Watch_Dogs 2, Assassins Creed Origins, Monster Hunter World all do support PS4 Pro and provide improvement even at 1080p

Secondly, Checker Board rendering makes the game looks great at 4k, even Digital_Foundry a video/technical breakdown analyst stated that PS4 Pro is a great solution and even the PC developers should adopt the Checkerboard rendering so people without the high even graphics cards can enjoy 4k at a lower price...
Sep 16, 2011
202 posts
78 upvotes
Vancouver
pentexplorer wrote:
May 6th, 2018 11:45 pm
I wouldn't say it's minimal, I've seen it, it's impressive. But my point was, if you are on a limited budget, you are better off waiting for PS5, and spending 250 on software, than buying a console that just plays the same games as ur OG PS4, just smoother, faster etc. Congrats to those that bought it and thought it was worth it, not for me though. I have a 4k TV and i'm cool to wait a few years to play exclusive PS5 games in 4k.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16729 posts
1533 upvotes
Space for rent
skinnydoggy wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 1:47 pm
Where would I get a ps4 pro new for 400? I hate dealing with people in general.
+1
Jul 20, 2009
645 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
I've had nothing but problems with my pro since getting it. POS
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2002
4565 posts
1745 upvotes
P0rkchop wrote:
May 7th, 2018 7:56 am
I've had nothing but problems with my pro since getting it. POS
What kind of probems? Other than my PS4 Pro getting stupid loud and sometimes hot I haven't had any problems. I installed cooling fans in my TV stand and the system is no longer hot to the touch but it still gets stupid loud. My Xbox One X by comparison is almost silent and barely gets warm. With the cooling fan in my TV stand the Xbox One X stays as cool to the touch running a game as if it was off and the fans are almost inaudible.
That's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2002
4565 posts
1745 upvotes
Supercooled wrote:
May 7th, 2018 4:32 am
+1
Shoppers Drug Mart on seniors day is $399.99 ($499.99 - 20%). Bring a 55+ person with you to get the discount.
Jul 20, 2009
645 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
NightRain wrote:
May 7th, 2018 8:18 am
What kind of probems? Other than my PS4 Pro getting stupid loud and sometimes hot I haven't had any problems. I installed cooling fans in my TV stand and the system is no longer hot to the touch but it still gets stupid loud. My Xbox One X by comparison is almost silent and barely gets warm. With the cooling fan in my TV stand the Xbox One X stays as cool to the touch running a game as if it was off and the fans are almost inaudible.
Besides the noise the video drops every few minutes.. sent it for repairs and it still happens. I googled and apparently there's lots of us having problems because there are some 4K tvs it's not compatible with so I have to force it to 1080. Also games freeze and crash so frequently so I sent it back again and they replaced the harddrive.

Maybe I just got a lemon
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2002
4565 posts
1745 upvotes
P0rkchop wrote:
May 7th, 2018 8:25 am
Besides the noise the video drops every few minutes.. sent it for repairs and it still happens. I googled and apparently there's lots of us having problems because there are some 4K tvs it's not compatible with so I have to force it to 1080. Also games freeze and crash so frequently so I sent it back again and they replaced the harddrive.

Maybe I just got a lemon
At launch I know that several people had problems with 4K TV's not being compatible. Sony claimed the TV's were the problem. Most well known manufactures released firmware updates to fix the compatibility at the TV level. I still hear of some people having this problem though and Sony has washed their hands of it. Sony has always been weird when it comes to HDMI support. They are known to have handshake problems with PS3 and PS4 on many HDMI switches and capture cards. Even some AV receivers have handshake problems. At times it seems like Sony just wants you to plug a PS4 directly into a Sony TV. It is really the only setup they offer any support for. If you use another other than a Sony TV (including a Sony AVR) they will tell you the TV, AVR, Switch, etc is the problem even if everything else works 100%
Sep 18, 2008
503 posts
82 upvotes
Woodbridge
Will trading in PSP work? lol