• Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2018 3:44 pm
Jun 11, 2018
199 posts
110 upvotes

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Shipping/Buying/Deals

launchday.jpg
rdr2earlyEB.JPG

All editions will be available including Special and Ultimate.

Just visit the store you want to pre-order and pick up a day before if you want to play on a physical copy with physical bonuses.

(Unlike US, BestBuy is not having this early pick-up)

Edit: Only standard edition on the website allows you to pick up the store you want to pick up, but if you visit the store in person you will be able to reserve any edition at the store. I already got a call confirmation from the store.

Edit: For, those who complain "How is this a deal?!" if it were not 9PM pick-up on the day before, you would have to wait until the store opens the next day, which would "cost" 13 hours more (assuming it opens at 10AM). For some people, TIME IS MONEY. If this is still against RFD's forum rules, then moderator may remove this and I will not complain at all. I just wanted as many Canadian gamers know about this information as possible.
Last edited by grEatbUy on Oct 23rd, 2018 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
313 replies
Dec 23, 2016
83 posts
66 upvotes
Can you provide a link to the screenshot that says store list coming soon?

Thanks.
Sep 14, 2009
408 posts
144 upvotes
How exactly is this a deal?
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3334 upvotes
guaranteed to wait in line for 1 hour before you get your copy. hope its not cold outside like this deal.
Jun 11, 2018
199 posts
110 upvotes
spiderspawnx wrote: Can you provide a link to the screenshot that says store list coming soon?

Thanks.
Hi.

You can go to ebgames.ca and pick any Red Dead Redemption 2 and it will pop up. Since it is a pop-up I could not attach a link.

Only standard edition on the website allows you to pick up the store you want to pick up, but if you visit the store in person you will be able to get any edition at that time. I already got a call confirmation from the store. I should add this info for other people.

Hope this help!
Jun 11, 2018
199 posts
110 upvotes
I'm sorry but I'm not sure your definition of "deal." In my book, being able to pick up a product before the release date is a "deal." - not only some price drop.

If it were not 9PM pick-up on the day before, you would have to wait until a store opens the next day, which would "cost" 13 hours more (assuming it opens at 10AM).
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3334 upvotes
if you dont think it is a deal just downvote. although i think discussions in video games would be more appropriate. I am sure a lot of people are interested in this.
myself i waited in line for gta 5 when it came out and I only played it 2 hours. so it is a lot of hype for Rockstar games..
Nov 25, 2015
203 posts
462 upvotes
Canada
People who cannot wait 13 hours for a game to come out must have absolutely nothing to do with their life. Cold as ice deal.
Jul 11, 2018
276 posts
271 upvotes
grEatbUy wrote: I'm sorry but I'm not sure your definition of "deal." In my book, being able to pick up a product before the release date is a "deal." - not only some price drop.

If it were not 9PM pick-up on the day before, you would have to wait until a store opens the next day, which would "cost" 13 hours more (assuming it opens at 10AM).
Womp
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
1187 posts
751 upvotes
Richmond
This is a great Shopping Discussion topic.

But really, for the people that are interested in this game, this is awesome. I usually buy hard copies but I pre-ordered this one digitally just so I could pre-load the game early and play as soon as it's live at midnight.
Jul 11, 2018
276 posts
271 upvotes
t6lock wrote: This is a great Shopping Discussion topic.

But really, for the people that are interested in this game, this is awesome. I usually buy hard copies but I pre-ordered this one digitally just so I could pre-load the game early and play as soon as it's live at midnight.

Indeed. Unfortunately for OP a game that’s 80 dollars on Thursday and 80 dollars and Friday doesn’t constitute a real life deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2017
2027 posts
3623 upvotes
Toronto
You were able to pick up Black Ops 4 at 8pm on Thursday the day before it released. Based on OP’s logic that would be a lava hot deal.

This is not a deal to the slightest. Stores do this from time to time because the days of midnight releases are long gone and rare. Instead they do early releases or early openings.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2013
1489 posts
2560 upvotes
Saint John
TIME IS MONEY
But you won't save time. You still have to make a trip to purchase it.
Dec 29, 2005
351 posts
30 upvotes
I understand this is not a hot deal, but I would have never seen this if it was in any of the other sub-forums. For those of us who can't wait for the game this is awesome. Thanks OP
Sep 17, 2018
492 posts
505 upvotes
I think this is a good thread and is indeed a deal. It provides a value added service by increasing the amount of time you can own the game for. When snes and nes in stock threads are of a similar vein, not exactly a deal, but available in a place where noone else can get it 🧐
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4763 posts
2462 upvotes
quakeman101 wrote: I understand this is not a hot deal, but I would have never seen this if it was in any of the other sub-forums. For those of us who can't wait for the game this is awesome. Thanks OP
Hot deals has become the rfd bulletin board.
Watered down with crap like this

The mods seem to let things slide because they’re too lazy to monitor what’s what, in order to cater to the lazy folk that only troll the hot deals forum

It defeats the purpose of having sub forums.
Might as well just have 1 big forum to cater to everyone.
Last edited by Red_Army on Oct 23rd, 2018 6:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
1889 posts
1891 upvotes
Guelph
quakeman101 wrote: I understand this is not a hot deal, but I would have never seen this if it was in any of the other sub-forums. For those of us who can't wait for the game this is awesome. Thanks OP
This is the thing. While this isn't a deal, it did more good than bad because I bet a lot of people didn't know this and wouldn't have known. I would assume many don't utilize the other forums so hot deals is the only place they'd see it. I missed the Best Buy Black ops 8pm thing, because I saw it absolutely nowhere. Would have gone for sure if I had of known. Gets a vote from me!
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4763 posts
2462 upvotes
Any adult who plays video games can not use the term time is money unless they’re getting paid for the time they spend playing
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)