Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

EB Games Socom w/ Headset $39.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2009 5:48 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 28, 2009
38 posts
25 upvotes
Terrace

[EB Games] EB Games Socom w/ Headset $39.99

Not sure if this was already posted, apologies if so.

Socom Confrontation with the PS3 Bluetooth headset and charger for $39.99, $10 cheaper then same headset by itself.

I also believe Socom Confrontation can still be traded in for $15 store credit, and my EB allowed me to trade in the game towards the same transaction, meaning I got the headset for $24.99 +tax.

Warm?
38 replies
Sep 19, 2006
68 posts
6 upvotes
Which location? i've been thinking of buying one of these... is socom any good?
Jan 28, 2009
38 posts
25 upvotes
Terrace
As far as I know, its all locations that have any in stock (and most do, because I think they got overstocked from the PS3 160GB from a couple months back).

And Socom I've never played, but its online play only so I think that would be a deal breaker for most.
Aug 18, 2007
168 posts
9 upvotes
A lot of people picked this up when Toysrus had it missed sku'd as the game its self for 29.99 but I am amazed you were able to trade in the SOCOM game as it doesnt have a barcode.

I think I'll try my own copy of SOCOM tommorow at EB as the 15 bucks would be better than the dust collecting coaster that it is now.
Apr 8, 2007
944 posts
450 upvotes
Guelph
teamcanada wrote: A lot of people picked this up when Toysrus had it missed sku'd as the game its self for 29.99 but I am amazed you were able to trade in the SOCOM game as it doesnt have a barcode.

I think I'll try my own copy of SOCOM tommorow at EB as the 15 bucks would be better than the dust collecting coaster that it is now.
you can still trade in games at EB that dont have a bar code. they just punch it in manually.
i've traded in many games without a barcode before and never had a problem with it.

it says not for resale meaning not for resale as a new game, it can be resold as a used game though so they take it even without a barcode.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
16073 posts
910 upvotes
Stouffville
its in the flyer and in the main thread about EB Game Days..

repost
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7963 posts
1142 upvotes
grappos13 wrote: its in the flyer and in the main thread about EB Game Days..

repost
Not everyone is looking at those...

Good post.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2987 posts
2369 upvotes
Fredericton
Yep I got this the day it went on sale just for the headset using store credit. Opened the box and traded back the game for $15 store credit right there. So $25 store credit for the headset is a pretty nice find.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
16073 posts
910 upvotes
Stouffville
HBP wrote: Not everyone is looking at those...

Good post.
so then its ok to start posts on every item that is included in the EB games flyer? that would just be repetitive and a waste of space and ppl's time...

if i were to have seen this at EB for 39.99 and come on the hot deals forums somewhat regularly, i would check to see the EB game deals post and see it right in there..
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7963 posts
1142 upvotes
grappos13 wrote: so then its ok to start posts on every item that is included in the EB games flyer? that would just be repetitive and a waste of space and ppl's time...

if i were to have seen this at EB for 39.99 and come on the hot deals forums somewhat regularly, i would check to see the EB game deals post and see it right in there..
I know you're a big gamer and all, but you can't expect everyone to keep up with a 40 page thread. This post has helped, and will help people. Thus, it's a good post.
Jan 25, 2009
213 posts
11 upvotes
Ottawa
HBP wrote: I know you're a big gamer and all, but you can't expect everyone to keep up with a 40 page thread. This post has helped, and will help people. Thus, it's a good post.
So it's too hard to search the forum for "gamedays" find the thread for EB's current promotion (if you happened to miss it being on the first page of this forum for the past 2 weeks) then search that thread for "socom" and see the numerous posts explaining this deal?

I think anyone who is going to be interested in this deal (ie. gamers) has already checked out the gamedays thread anyway.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7963 posts
1142 upvotes
vacant wrote: So it's too hard to search the forum for "gamedays" find the thread for EB's current promotion (if you happened to miss it being on the first page of this forum for the past 2 weeks) then search that thread for "socom" and see the numerous posts explaining this deal?

I think anyone who is going to be interested in this deal (ie. gamers) has already checked out the gamedays thread anyway.
This forum is full of people stumbling on deals and purchasing them (sure, if you were looking for Socom, you'd do a search). I wouldn't have known about this unless I read this thread, and I may just recommend to a friend to purchase this for a cheap headset.

Stay here a little while longer (<4 months may not be long enough to see what I mean).

edit: FYI, the thread in question is currently on the 4th page :) . Also, being a frequent member and "gamer" myself (perhaps not as intense as you guys), I have yet to venture into that thread.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
4263 posts
469 upvotes
vacant wrote: So it's too hard to search the forum for "gamedays" find the thread for EB's current promotion (if you happened to miss it being on the first page of this forum for the past 2 weeks) then search that thread for "socom" and see the numerous posts explaining this deal?

i'm interested in this deal and I haven't checked out the "gamedays" thread.

believe it or not but there are other people like me on this forum...
May 20, 2006
316 posts
529 upvotes
Edmonton
vacant wrote: I think anyone who is going to be interested in this deal (ie. gamers) has already checked out the gamedays thread anyway.
This deal would also be of interest to people on the lookout for a bluetooth headset. And unless they are a gamer, they wouldn't have looked in the gamedays thread.
Dec 6, 2008
503 posts
28 upvotes
Ontario
grappos13 wrote: its in the flyer and in the main thread about EB Game Days..

repost
The TC of that topic should update the first post so we don't have to go through so many pages just to realize there was a deal in there.
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16321 posts
7966 upvotes
HBP wrote: This forum is full of people stumbling on deals and purchasing them (sure, if you were looking for Socom, you'd do a search). I wouldn't have known about this unless I read this thread, and I may just recommend to a friend to purchase this for a cheap headset.

Stay here a little while longer (<4 months may not be long enough to see what I mean).

edit: FYI, the thread in question is currently on the 4th page :) . Also, being a frequent member and "gamer" myself (perhaps not as intense as you guys), I have yet to venture into that thread.
Is it really that hard to search the forum rather than have people cherry-pick flyer deals into separate threads? There are already tags, categories, an RSS feed, subscriptions, and other features that facilitate deal-hunting without having to flood the forum with threads.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7963 posts
1142 upvotes
Lone_Prodigy wrote: Is it really that hard to search the forum rather than have people cherry-pick flyer deals into separate threads? There are already tags, categories, an RSS feed, subscriptions, and other features that facilitate deal-hunting without having to flood the forum with threads.
And what would you do if you weren't searching for Socom? What if you just stumbled upon it like many people in this thread, and ended up buying it?

The OP in that thread is not updating his post, or his title with deals. All it says is Gamedays. You can't expect every user on RFD to peruse a 40 page thread just to cherry-pick deals.
Jan 25, 2009
213 posts
11 upvotes
Ottawa
you dont have to "peruse" the thread, searching within the gamedays thread for socom brings you to results showing the deal.

Even searching the ENTIRE forum for socom brings up the gamedays thread within the first 5 results.

It's also listed in the gamedays flyer on the EB site, if you're so inclined.