Vancouver
cyzerr wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 11:17 am
So is this deal still going on then?
Supposed to be.
Jan 4, 2007
95 posts
10 upvotes
I traded my games for the double value promo last week, I forgot to ask them for snipper clips, but I'm wondering if they would still honor it if I go to the store today.
Nov 26, 2015
67 posts
37 upvotes
Calgary, AB
ratatapa wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 2:25 pm
Any one know the cheapest possible game to find to use this promotion?
Last week, I went to an EBgames and bought 2 copies of Super Mario 3d World on Wii U, traded them in for both snipperclips and zelda expansion pass.
Feb 13, 2015
249 posts
96 upvotes
Aurora
Yeah the deal is still ongoing, bought two copies of Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer at Walmart yesterday, price matched with Best Buy for 9.97, got the Wii U BoTW seasons pass code, and traded the other for 26.67, so I saved about $21 on the seasons pass, and made about $16 in credit which is tax free for a later purchase, and also traded in two copies of Fighter Within which I bought for 1.99 yesterday as well, and they qualified for the $10(+$1 with Platinum) trade in still, definitely a successful grab

Edit: Lmao so in the past 4 weeks I've traded in 5 copies of Animal Crossing, which were all bought at 9.97, 3 of them originally at BB, and out of all those I got the Wii U edition of LoZ BoTW, a Zelda Amiibo, the seasons pass for it, and about 4.70 in credit remaining
Mar 15, 2010
328 posts
325 upvotes
Toronto
I have an unopened zelda for wii u that i plan on opening in the next week or two to play once i have time. For those who have it, is it really as good as critics are saying?
Mar 25, 2013
132 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
scottydoesntknow99 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 6:54 pm
Yeah the deal is still ongoing, bought two copies of Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer at Walmart yesterday, price matched with Best Buy for 9.97, got the Wii U BoTW seasons pass code, and traded the other for 26.67, so I saved about $21 on the seasons pass, and made about $16 in credit which is tax free for a later purchase, and also traded in two copies of Fighter Within which I bought for 1.99 yesterday as well, and they qualified for the $10(+$1 with Platinum) trade in still, definitely a successful grab

Edit: Lmao so in the past 4 weeks I've traded in 5 copies of Animal Crossing, which were all bought at 9.97, 3 of them originally at BB, and out of all those I got the Wii U edition of LoZ BoTW, a Zelda Amiibo, the seasons pass for it, and about 4.70 in credit remaining
Thanks went to Walmart and price matched then traded for snipperclips!
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
1217 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP
For the Wii U, is it on disc or is a code provided?
Jan 13, 2017
74 posts
32 upvotes
droidkid wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 10:08 pm
Thanks went to Walmart and price matched then traded for snipperclips!
you guys got lucky, Walmart doesn't match out of stock items
Feb 13, 2015
249 posts
96 upvotes
Aurora
SaleHunt wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 11:06 am
you guys got lucky, Walmart doesn't match out of stock items
Yeah, a few of my friends also got lucky at some random walmarts in the gta as well for the animal crossing, its so hit or miss at walmart, were one will do it but another one won't
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
6011 posts
1257 upvotes
Oakville/Toronto
JustinPash wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 7:13 pm
I have an unopened zelda for wii u that i plan on opening in the next week or two to play once i have time. For those who have it, is it really as good as critics are saying?
It's one of the best games I've played in years, and it might be my favourite Zelda game ever, beating out A Link to the Past. The game is absolutely brilliant in terms of world creation and small details that surprise and amaze me as I play it. I highly recommend it if you have it available.

My friend has it for the Wii U, and I have it for the Switch, both games play relatively the same except for minor frame rate drops in certain points but other than that both are great. Open it up and enjoy.
Mar 15, 2010
328 posts
325 upvotes
Toronto
Variability wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 11:18 am
It's one of the best games I've played in years, and it might be my favourite Zelda game ever, beating out A Link to the Past. The game is absolutely brilliant in terms of world creation and small details that surprise and amaze me as I play it. I highly recommend it if you have it available.

My friend has it for the Wii U, and I have it for the Switch, both games play relatively the same except for minor frame rate drops in certain points but other than that both are great. Open it up and enjoy.
lol yes I will open it soon. I try to stand by my rule of finishing games first before starting a new one. I used to often start a game and then never finish it. Right now I am playing Assasins Creed Syndicate and while I like it, I think I am missing out on just opening up my Zelda Breath of the Wild and playing it. Next week I should be good to go!