Expired Hot Deals

[EB Games] Used playstation 4 games - 3x Edge Discount (Dec 9 only)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2019 11:23 pm
May 15, 2013
111 posts
185 upvotes
Wish this was for Switch games instead! Would be super hot to get those $80 games for $40 with my onyx
Apr 6, 2017
934 posts
610 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Jaytee wrote: Did you get past the first two hours? My friend says the first two hours are SOOOOO bad but once you get past that, its so much better.
tc514 wrote: i actually thought the first 2 hours were pretty good. it was the 2-20hour mark that was boring as hell
first 2 hours are awesome.
3-15 are ok..... wtf is going on.
16+, it's getting better since you have shortcuts and some fast travel

it's a mitigating game. I really like the game for the story, gameplay is LOL, multiplayer part is really fun.(no where near COD multiplayer).
For a game with 0 expectation (i checked 0 review, never followed anything) I really like it.
Apr 6, 2017
934 posts
610 upvotes
Westmount, QC
azn0Richard0 wrote: Anyone noticed if any EBGames in Canada were affected by HQ's traumatic surgery of trimming the business down?
Past few days a youtuber noted that they've begun phase 3, which involved shutting down many stores.
Massive store closures?

180 stores closed over 5830 reported isn't what I call MASSIVE
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8205 posts
967 upvotes
azn0Richard0 wrote: Anyone noticed if any EBGames in Canada were affected by HQ's traumatic surgery of trimming the business down?
Past few days a youtuber noted that they've begun phase 3, which involved shutting down many stores.
I’m not surprised this is happening.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1113 posts
692 upvotes
GoDziLlA123 wrote: Wish this was for Switch games instead! Would be super hot to get those $80 games for $40 with my onyx
Last Thursday was 3x edge for XB1. Today is 3x edge for PS4. Hopefully, the Switch day is coming!
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2010
1009 posts
1790 upvotes
Montreal
husamus156 wrote: Massive store closures?

180 stores closed over 5830 reported isn't what I call MASSIVE
I never said it was a Massive store closure, not sure where those numbers came from but google suggest it was articles back in sept.
Camelot's been getting quite notorious with Gamestop and if the insiders are correct, @11:15 it says it could be about 2000 stores by Q2.
FYI their Q3 is this tuesday so we'll likely hear some investor talk in the next few days, but Q2 is over half a year.
I'm just wondering if any in Canada have begun posting signage of closure yet.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14190 posts
4330 upvotes
Montreal
junglemage666 wrote: I wanted to like death stranding, it's just so boring... Man it is boring.. Even at $36 I wouldn't do it. I bought it before and edge guaranteed it because it was so boring.
I saw the movie first and stayed far, far, far away.

Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14190 posts
4330 upvotes
Montreal
EananC641158 wrote: How do you continue to play a game for 20 hours when you think its super boring after only 2 hours... Such a waste of your time.
Cuz you spent $80+tax?

I feel sorry for those who bought the expensive CE versions - there were a line of these guys when it released (I was snaking around on $5 Friday) and half of them were really wondering whether to get their money back.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2010 posts
2067 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
EananC641158 wrote: How do you continue to play a game for 20 hours when you think its super boring after only 2 hours... Such a waste of your time.
Because I had to give it a chance, people said it gets better, it didn't for me.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2715 posts
2312 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Ended up picking up Medievil, AC Syndicate (rebuilding by AC collection because I acquired all the steelbooks), and Plague Tale.

Gonna run through Plague Tale quick and hopefully Platinum it and trade it back in during a 50% boost day. Got it for $30.25 with an Onyx discount and the base TIV on it is $27 lol.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2715 posts
2312 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
The only acceptable reaction to this video is:

"Any thumbnail with a mans mouth open with large obnoxious text and a click bait picture ain't getting a click from me"
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
1260 posts
491 upvotes
Pluto
Found Deluxe Fallen Order for $41 after tax. Ty OP
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2425 posts
561 upvotes
Belle River
How do you check for in-store stock on their website? There was a button or something before that showed a map, I was using it about week ago, now I can't find it. Not the "Collect In Store" link seen on the list of games page, but each game page itself had a button or link that opened a map showing stores in red that don't have it, and stores in green that do.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2009
4527 posts
2309 upvotes
M-Arkham
azn0Richard0 wrote: I never said it was a Massive store closure, not sure where those numbers came from but google suggest it was articles back in sept.
Camelot's been getting quite notorious with Gamestop and if the insiders are correct, @11:15 it says it could be about 2000 stores by Q2.
FYI their Q3 is this tuesday so we'll likely hear some investor talk in the next few days, but Q2 is over half a year.
I'm just wondering if any in Canada have begun posting signage of closure yet.
They had been trimming down stores in canada for the past few years now.
A lot of outside the indoor mall stores in the GTA got closed down already or in the process of being closed down after christmas.
2x Zoomer $36 for 4GB and unlimited Can wide txt/talk
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide Pulse