Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

Xbox One X for $299 when you trade in XB1, PS4, or Nintendo switch (starts August 16)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2018 2:17 am
Apr 22, 2017
172 posts
182 upvotes

[EB Games] Xbox One X for $299 when you trade in XB1, PS4, or Nintendo switch (starts August 16)

Finally a trade in promo from xbone
Last edited by Oddjob87 on Aug 13th, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Title edit
Thread Summary
Free thumbgrips and PUBG codes are being offered with this deal (while supplies last).

hunterd: I advise everyone to register their new Xbox One X and double check the warranty status.
register your device here: https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/my-accou ... ur-product
882 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2017
2026 posts
3623 upvotes
Toronto
Finally. Better than Microsofts trade in and the initial launch trade in promo.

Also beats crossing the border and trading into Gamestop, which is offering $250 towards to an Xbox One X.
Last edited by OVOSound on Aug 13th, 2018 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2017
2026 posts
3623 upvotes
Toronto
There is also a NBA 2K19 One X bundle coming out on September 11, so YMMV if you can trade towards that a preorder of that if its in their system.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
3072 posts
4248 upvotes
Winnipeg
How about the Xbox One S? Smiling Face With Sunglasses
I'm not cheap, I'm frugal!!!
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2009
1111 posts
441 upvotes
Toronto
Decent but I'm bailing on the console scene I think. My xbox is now just a media player for the gfs old ass non smart tv lol
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27109 posts
37052 upvotes
An actual decent deal, thank you, OP.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2015
1876 posts
1818 upvotes
Maple leafs
I am guessing it needs to be console, controller, and all wires?

Hope my xbox one s works for this promo
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1453 posts
2191 upvotes
Toronto
U4LIFE wrote: I am guessing it needs to be console, controller, and all wires?

Hope my xbox one s works for this promo
Why wouldn’t the S work? It theyre taking the original xbox One, surely they would take a more modern S.

I also have the S, but I am more curious do you need to provide a controller? Microsoft you didnt have to
Dec 11, 2010
844 posts
308 upvotes
Saskatchewan
DealOrNoDeal55 wrote: Why wouldn’t the S work? It theyre taking the original xbox One, surely they would take a more modern S.

I also have the S, but I am more curious do you need to provide a controller? Microsoft you didnt have to
controllers = yes need to provide
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1321 posts
1276 upvotes
I have a Xbox one s that does 4K and HDR gaming. Is there any reason to upgrade to the X?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2955 posts
2331 upvotes
Calgary
Is this confirmed that they also OG Xbox One for trade in? The website doesn’t appear to be overly specific.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4638 posts
799 upvotes
Toronto
Looks good but I'd stick with xbox one s for one more year.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2982 posts
2344 upvotes
Fredericton
zylonite wrote: I have a Xbox one s that does 4K and HDR gaming. Is there any reason to upgrade to the X?
The Xbox One S does not do 4k gaming.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1321 posts
1276 upvotes
OVOSound wrote: There is also a NBA 2K19 One X bundle coming out on September 11, so YMMV if you can trade towards that a preorder of that if its in their system.
During the last trade, they didn’t give me the bundle. Usually these trade ins are for the consoles only, but it might depend on the rep you end up dealing with. I find that the people who work at the EB games are pretty much 100% by the book and they follow what’s written for them in the system. They have very little room to twist the deals.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
2397 posts
3914 upvotes
Onterrible
I knew this day would come!

Back from May:
ChippewaBarr wrote: [...] I've been lowering my "cost per console" significantly with trade ups/ins.

OG Xbox One:
Bought Sunset Overdrive bundle, MS Store messed up the order and gave me $75 off, plus a $50 Xbox card, then traded in the two bonus games it came with. Net cost $180.

Xbox One S:
Traded in OG One for a One S for $99, Traded in the bundled game and bonus game each for $40. Net cost $19.

Trading the One S in for a One X for 300 would be awesome lol...I'd have owned the OG One, One S and One X for a total of $499!
Gonna mull this over...so tempting. Only kicker is I looooove the white consoles (both my OG One and S were both white...and my XHDD even matches lol)
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2015
1876 posts
1818 upvotes
Maple leafs
zylonite wrote: I have a Xbox one s that does 4K and HDR gaming. Is there any reason to upgrade to the X?
the S doesnt do 4k gming, just 4k for bluray and netflix. for 4k gaming need the X. Also I find the X is much smoother on 1080p tv's aswell, with higher and smoother frame rate
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1321 posts
1276 upvotes
smuPoker wrote: The Xbox One S does not do 4k gaming.
I play Forza 3 and on my TV it says 2560 HDR DOLBY. Some other games it just says 2560 without HDR but still 2560. It could be a upscale thing but it shows that it does 4K HDR with the games that support it. I see the same thing on my PS4 Pro with HDR enabled games versus non HDR games and my PS3/Switch shows 1080p on the TV.

Edit: just checked and S does 4k HDR

https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one ... n-xbox-one

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)