Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

Xbox One X for $299 when you trade in XB1, PS4, or Nintendo switch (starts August 16)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2018 2:17 am
May 26, 2011
191 posts
215 upvotes
ko_red wrote: At this trade in price, I don't think they're in a rush to restock.
I think the opposite is true. They want to clear out the stock that they have in their warehouses; they want to sell as many as they can. The employees I've spoken to have said as much.
Jul 10, 2014
22 posts
14 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Successfully used the online chat to get my baseline warranty put back to one year from the six months it started out at, similar to other folks in this thread. Pretty painless, just had to provide the serial number and upload a pic of my receipt.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2005
1746 posts
1010 upvotes
bgrantp wrote: Successfully used the online chat to get my baseline warranty put back to one year from the six months it started out at, similar to other folks in this thread. Pretty painless, just had to provide the serial number and upload a pic of my receipt.
How do I register the product to see the warranty dates?
Oct 22, 2003
195 posts
139 upvotes
Scarborough
Superman_2099 wrote: How do I register the product to see the warranty dates?
microsoft.com
Login
Click Avatar
View Microsoft Account
Click Devices
Find your Xbox and click Manage
or click All Devices and Add a new device.
Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday.
Jan 27, 2016
28 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto, ON
FYI, I went to Microsoft Store at Yorkdale after giving up contacting EB's through North York/West Toronto area... On Microsoft's website it says up $400 in savings ($300 + additional $100 credit). I brought my Xbox One S 1TB White into the store and they only offered me $145 + $100 (Total $245), and the TOTAL credit only applies after tax, so I would have been paying a total of $454 approx... Not a very good deal. Having brought my system in I was about to pull the trigger however I remembered there was a EB in Yorkdale. Gave em a call and they happened to have 1 in stock so I ran over there and got the deal. Way better offer than Microsofts, got the joystick covers, PUBG code and console for $334 all in. Not bad.
Dec 11, 2010
844 posts
308 upvotes
Saskatchewan
FARMERBLANCHE wrote: Anyone know the tiv for a ps3
Thx
last time i traded it in (a few years ago), it was $25-50 (can't remember exactly but for sure it wasn't more than $50) (120GB SLIM model)
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
2399 posts
3918 upvotes
Onterrible
Does anyone know the TIV for an Xbox 360 S 250GB console with all accessories and in mint condition at EB Games? Best Buy says $19 :rolleyes:

Looking to shave as much off the price as possible.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2015
1500 posts
2329 upvotes
Warranty changed to reflect 1 year from date of purchase. Just register and then contact support. They will give you a link where you submit proof ie. Receipt and then it changes in 24-72 hours.
Aug 23, 2016
214 posts
305 upvotes
The lack of stock in the Greater Vancouver area this past week is thoroughly rustling my jimmies
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
Nuckles37 wrote: The lack of stock in the Greater Vancouver area this past week is thoroughly rustling my jimmies
I don't even want to know what that means, especially from a guy called Nuckles.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2015
1500 posts
2329 upvotes
Nuckles37 wrote: The lack of stock in the Greater Vancouver area this past week is thoroughly rustling my jimmies
Your best bet is to ensure you call each store you can reasonably get to at least once daily prior to opening and see if they are getting stock or got one that day and getting it reserved. I have no doubt we'll see more Xbox One X sales but you won't see the console for $299.99 CAD anytime soon even though it is with trade in of your old console. OG Xbox One and S prices are only going to keep dropping.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
Harold91 wrote: Your best bet is to ensure you call each store you can reasonably get to at least once daily prior to opening and see if they are getting stock or got one that day and getting it reserved. I have no doubt we'll see more Xbox One X sales but you won't see the console for $299.99 CAD anytime soon even though it is with trade in of your old console. OG Xbox One and S prices are only going to keep dropping.
It really is a great time to trade-in, because even if they do issue an Xbox X2 in Fall 2020/2021, you're probably going to see a competitive trade-in deal for your Xbox X.

Here's an abridged summary of the reasons why a great many folks on RFD should consider this Xbox X trade-in now:
redflagdealsguy wrote: ...

The Xbox X offers:
- Convenient Couch Gaming
- Graphics on Par with Mid-tier Gaming PCs
- An All-in-One 4K Media Center (Supporting HDR10 and, soon, Dolby Vision) [Kodi + 4K Netflix + 4K Bluray + PrimeVideo + Etc.]
- A Sleek Thin-Profile Futuristic Body (No Case Mods Needed)
- Voice Commands (Support for Google Assistant and Alexa forthcoming)

For $299 on trade-in, that's an excellent deal IMO.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Aug 17, 2015
96 posts
44 upvotes
AB
Harold91 wrote: Warranty changed to reflect 1 year from date of purchase. Just register and then contact support. They will give you a link where you submit proof ie. Receipt and then it changes in 24-72 hours.
Was this as straight forward as it sounds? I contacted support via chat but they want me to contact EB games assuming its a pre owned console. Warranty is showing as 6 months.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1466 posts
2212 upvotes
Toronto
So i tried that PUBG game, cant say that i like it much. All you do is run around in a barren world with nothing happening and then you may see some player and probably die. Then have to re start a match again. Not sure why these kids love these games like this and Fortnite. Give me battlefield all the way
Feb 24, 2008
140 posts
436 upvotes
Bradford
Just swapped out an S model for the One X without issues in Bradford, ON. Been reading a lot of people mentioning using Kodi on their One X, but I'm not familiar with this. What is the Kodi app? Is it a streaming service like netflix and prime?
Jun 3, 2007
618 posts
542 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, upgraded via Yorkdale's EB. Had a bit of a lengthy episode, as they cacked up the first order by not including the PUBG code and grips so they ended up returning and rebuying the whole thing (so i have an odd receipt - hope MS doesn't care). My MS warrantee is up to July of next year, but I might as well bug them to fix it properly as I'm prob going to pick up the $49 2 yr warrantee.

Not really interested in PUBG - so I'm probably going to throw it up on BST:VG. BTW, what does it cost - is it $37 or $22 (Digital Token card?!) ?
Jun 3, 2007
618 posts
542 upvotes
Toronto
kyleashton wrote: Just swapped out an S model for the One X without issues in Bradford, ON. Been reading a lot of people mentioning using Kodi on their One X, but I'm not familiar with this. What is the Kodi app? Is it a streaming service like netflix and prime?
At its heart, KODI is a home streaming service - ie it streams movie/music/picture files that you already have on you. Thus, if you have a server containing media files, KODI can interface and stream them all to your tv etc. The power of KODI is in how it scrapes external info (from imdb, tvdb, etc) and presents all these disparate files into a very attractive package. If you don't have media files, or are happy w/ paid streaming services (Netflix etc), you don't really need to bother.

There's more to KODI than just that though - KODI is also incredibly extensible. So people have written all sorts of addons that can stream media from more, let's say, "grey" sources - ie sports, tv, movies that are not particularly legit. There's a bit of a learning curve for novices tho.
May 26, 2011
191 posts
215 upvotes
This is ridiculous. I'm beginning to think there's a real possibility that some of us in Greater Vancouver might not end up with a One X. I called all of the Surrey and Langley stores - still nothing. They were really not sure when/if more are coming before the promo is over. Apparently the Guildford location did get 4 today but they were all gone by 4 p.m. and they were turning people aside who rushed over because they heard there was stock. I'm never off work until at least 5, so I think I'm screwed going forward.
Jun 15, 2018
17 posts
10 upvotes
Canuck28 wrote: This is ridiculous. I'm beginning to think there's a real possibility that some of us in Greater Vancouver might not end up with a One X. I called all of the Surrey and Langley stores - still nothing. They were really not sure when/if more are coming before the promo is over. Apparently the Guildford location did get 4 today but they were all gone by 4 p.m. and they were turning people aside who rushed over because they heard there was stock. I'm never off work until at least 5, so I think I'm screwed going forward.
Don't worry the promotion runs until August 31st and considering how unpopular the xbox brand is you'll get one for sure.