Expired Hot Deals

[EB Games] Xbox One X Fallout 76 white system $299.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2020 6:16 am
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11373 posts
2822 upvotes
I was told it can't be returned if it's been opened? Truth? Just want to see if the disc is inside as well. The stickers on the side say fallout 76 but no sleeve... Why do some people care about the sleeve?
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2019 posts
2070 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
jackass_ca wrote: I was told it can't be returned if it's been opened? Truth? Just want to see if the disc is inside as well. The stickers on the side say fallout 76 but no sleeve... Why do some people care about the sleeve?
ya they have been telling people this, can't open ANY product and return, includes controllers, cables, anything, which is a dumb policy. I haven't been to a store that has actually enforced it, or wouldn't just do it if you asked nicely.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11373 posts
2822 upvotes
junglemage666 wrote: ya they have been telling people this, can't open ANY product and return, includes controllers, cables, anything, which is a dumb policy. I haven't been to a store that has actually enforced it, or wouldn't just do it if you asked nicely.
Our local guys are great. I’ll ask them to be sure.

Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15022 posts
2066 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
undacova wrote: Did you open the console? The code might be with the other paperwork
Not yet. Looking to trade in my current One S at a later date.

Anyone who opened theirs want to report back? :razz:
Last edited by Matrixvibe on Jan 21st, 2020 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 16, 2005
922 posts
433 upvotes
So just a FYI. The ones without sleeves are just the white and black special edition. The EB employees should add a code when checking out and it will produce a DLC at the bottom of the receipt. Also should get thin grips. I didn’t want them so I gave them to the kid behind me
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15022 posts
2066 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
Superman_2099 wrote: So just a FYI. The ones without sleeves are just the white and black special edition. The EB employees should add a code when checking out and it will produce a DLC at the bottom of the receipt. Also should get thin grips. I didn’t want them so I gave them to the kid behind me
Looks like I'll need to go back and ask for one...

I asked the cashier if it would be a code on the receipt and he told me there should be a code inside the box.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2019 posts
2070 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Matrixvibe wrote: Looks like I'll need to go back and ask for one...

I asked the cashier if it would be a code on the receipt and he told me there should be a code inside the box.
So open it, if there is no code, return it.
Oct 5, 2011
3 posts
1 upvote
Beamsville, Ontario
Going this morning to mapleview in Burlington. Hopefully there is one left.
Feb 3, 2009
259 posts
51 upvotes
Jonquiere
Got both DLC and disc. 🤷🏼‍♂️. Makes the deal even better!
Oct 26, 2012
727 posts
963 upvotes
Phenomenal deal!!! I got the One X during Boxing Day 2018 for $400 taxes in and haven't regretted it. Pair it with a 4K HDR TV and the games will look amazing! Also it's reported that the One X will continue to play the Series X games "for now" presumably until the hardware can't keep up, which is probably closer toi ~5 years I'd say. The One X already plays 4K games and some games with 4K60fps HDR like Forza, so initially at least I don't think you'll be missing out on the new hardware just yet.
Nov 24, 2019
50 posts
43 upvotes
Saskatoon
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: OLED tvs still have burn in issues being reported. To hell with OLED for now as a gamer. I don't care that the picture looks great and whatever else as I don't want the World of Warcraft interface burned into my tv. LOL!
Thanks, but that has nothing to do with what I said or the post I quoted. You still don't need an 8k TV to get 4k/120hz.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11373 posts
2822 upvotes
Matrixvibe wrote:
Not yet. Looking to trade in my current One S at a later date.

Anyone who opened theirs want to report back? :razz:
What do you mean trade in at a later date? I also have a One S, is there someway I can trade it towards this XBOX ONE X you mean?
Superman_2099 wrote: So just a FYI. The ones without sleeves are just the white and black special edition. The EB employees should add a code when checking out and it will produce a DLC at the bottom of the receipt. Also should get thin grips. I didn’t want them so I gave them to the kid behind me
Got the codes on my receipt but no grips...
The box I have says model 1787, also says FALLOUT 76 on the scan tag... very curious to see if I get a DLC card inside as well.
Wish I could open it and see... just need to find some of the EB Games signature round circle stickers... or carefully try to peel the ones on there.