[EB Games] Xbox One X Fallout 76 white system $299.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2020 6:16 am
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8990 posts
1373 upvotes
Victoria
I bought one of these (Jedi Fallen Order) with the stackable rbc/amplii 20% toysrus at Christmas time. It's a pretty good machine. Plays bluray/4k bluray/dvd/cd. You can install Kodi to play downloaded video files. Loads of apps.

From what I gather of the new Xbox generation is there are going to be two of them. One will more powerful than the X, but the other won't (or not much of a difference).

I use the Xbox for the media box first. I'll probably get a ps5 nextgen (unless MS puts out some amazing single player exclusives). They xbox one x should work as a good media box (And play some xbox games) for a few years.

My only complaint. Why do they have come in white. I bought the one I did because it came in black. I wish the S versions came in black :)
Oct 16, 2005
922 posts
433 upvotes
Picked up an additional one for someone here to buy for retail. I saw the Kijiji flooded and wanted to see if anyone wants one. Will bring with me to to work tomorrow. Work at avenue and Wilson.

Live in Brampton.
PM me. It was digital code for game.
Feb 22, 2012
508 posts
948 upvotes
Canada
DougO wrote: The Pro is very noisy just to let you know. Mine sounds like a jet taking off. The Xbox X is dead quiet even on graphics intensive games like Red Dead Redemption 2. Hopefully the PS5 has a better cooling system so as to render it much less noisy...
As of late 2018, there was a new ps4 pro model/version that is cooler and much quieter.

PS4 Pro CUH-7200

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/11/ ... ts_quieter

I can confirm the claims, as I had a launch ps4 pro, and then I got this model later. It is extremely quiet.

Unless you get very unlucky, any new PS4 Pro you buy today should be the CUH-7200.

The box will tell you which model (this one was first only available in the RDR2 bundle, but now can be seen in every bundle since then) you have but if you are looking at the actual system the easiest way to tell is to examine the power cord.

The new model uses the exact same double prong power cord that the ps4 slim does, the old models use the bigger triple prong similar to what a desktop uses.
RFD: Pick any two.
In stock
Low Price
Quality Product
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
25229 posts
5487 upvotes
waven101 wrote: one of the big reason to get the next gen xbox is for the 8k or 4k 120hz probably. my tv isn't that much and I doubt id see it unless i play competively and wouldnt do that on a console. you already get 4k on this xbox don't expect too much from the next xbox until 2-3 years down the line, so it is still a great time to invest on this console.
:lol: LOL what? Not sure you understand science too well there. What GPU(s) you think Series X is gonna have exactly? We know it's gonna be AMD and even two Navi 10 XTX in Crossfire couldn't do what you propose.

[Single]Navi 10 XTX is probably more than Series X is gonna have and that can't even get to 60FPS in 4K, so how the heck you gonna get 120FPS (assuming that's what you mean by "120Hz") in 4K? And 8K? lol...LMAO. 8K basically requires 4x what 4K does so good luck with getting even 8K at 24FPS.

Not only that, only 8K TVs can accept 4K 120Hz, and I don't think most Xbone buyers are also buying $7-30k TVs. Granted they might be gaming on monitor instead but 4K monitors with 120Hz capability ain't too cheap either. Let's get real here, consoles are not going to be catering to either HFR or crazy-res gaming.

Xbone X can't do 4K, let's not make any mistake here. It gets to "4K" by using scaling tricks for the most part and/or lower framerates. It's Ellesmere XTX level, at best. Series X is likely going to do true 4K at 30-45FPS, 60FPS with scaling tricks and/or reduced graphics settings. Not sure where you're getting "8K or 4K 120hz probably" from but that's downright laughable. Worse still is 8 ppl upvoted that :rolleyes:

All that said, $300 for Xbone X is a steal, but looks like it's not too easy to find one of these--pretty much all gone already. Congrats to those that got one at that price.
Feb 22, 2012
508 posts
948 upvotes
Canada
ES_Revenge wrote: 8K basically requires 4x what 4K does so good luck with getting even 8K at 24FPS.
Well, unless of course all you care about is an 8K upscaler, the same as the Xbox One S was a 4K upscaler.

Yes, I know. Garbage in; Garbage out. It's not true 8K. However, I do think this type of tech has its place though, there is a visible difference, and it's certainly the same as what the PS5 will do when they advertise 8K.
RFD: Pick any two.
In stock
Low Price
Quality Product
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2001
2853 posts
445 upvotes
"Xbone X can't do 4K, let's not make any mistake here. It gets to "4K" by using scaling tricks for the most part and/or lower framerates. "

This is misinformation, most games at least run at 30fps, and the vast majority at native 4k without scaling. If you are suggesting 30fps 4k isnt 4k, then you are just wrong. Even a 2080 can't run 4k games at max settings at 60fps - by your statement you are suggesting that even someone with a $800 video card cant do true 4k gaming.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
8174 posts
3264 upvotes
East York mofo!
Worth getting if you already have a PS4 Pro?

I do have my own little man cave...
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2232 posts
2206 upvotes
depends what game you plan on playing and who you plan on playing with. I plan on playing ori and will of the wisp on this xbox one x. way overkill lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9422 posts
2307 upvotes
Scarberia
ah this brings back semi memories of turd flipping at ebgames, walmart, FS,etc, any OGs here that did that...i think it was during the time god of war ps3 , it came in that special box, first came out lol, i had like 10 preorders of that game at various locations
there was one very hot promo, i think they had trade in 5 turds or something and get a new ps3 , all the turds were like 1$ from walmarts but u had to hunt them down
*SIG: Ryzen??? R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @39.99$
Jul 13, 2011
405 posts
134 upvotes
Ottawa
dvdvideo wrote: "Xbone X can't do 4K, let's not make any mistake here. It gets to "4K" by using scaling tricks for the most part and/or lower framerates. "

This is misinformation, most games at least run at 30fps, and the vast majority at native 4k without scaling. If you are suggesting 30fps 4k isnt 4k, then you are just wrong. Even a 2080 can't run 4k games at max settings at 60fps - by your statement you are suggesting that even someone with a $800 video card cant do true 4k gaming.
Don't forget the march of graphical fidelity driving frame rates down. The Xbox one hardware at launch was capable of 1080p 30 or even with lower quality 60fps, but on most games it were well below 1080. If the Series X is a Premium priced ($600+) console, then 60 fps at 4k could be realistic.

I think we have to wait and see what hardware they use and how well and easily console is programmed for.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3299 posts
3114 upvotes
Toronto
ES_Revenge wrote: :lol: LOL what? Not sure you understand science too well there. What GPU(s) you think Series X is gonna have exactly? We know it's gonna be AMD and even two Navi 10 XTX in Crossfire couldn't do what you propose.

[Single]Navi 10 XTX is probably more than Series X is gonna have and that can't even get to 60FPS in 4K, so how the heck you gonna get 120FPS (assuming that's what you mean by "120Hz") in 4K? And 8K? lol...LMAO. 8K basically requires 4x what 4K does so good luck with getting even 8K at 24FPS.

Not only that, only 8K TVs can accept 4K 120Hz, and I don't think most Xbone buyers are also buying $7-30k TVs. Granted they might be gaming on monitor instead but 4K monitors with 120Hz capability ain't too cheap either. Let's get real here, consoles are not going to be catering to either HFR or crazy-res gaming.

Xbone X can't do 4K, let's not make any mistake here. It gets to "4K" by using scaling tricks for the most part and/or lower framerates. It's Ellesmere XTX level, at best. Series X is likely going to do true 4K at 30-45FPS, 60FPS with scaling tricks and/or reduced graphics settings. Not sure where you're getting "8K or 4K 120hz probably" from but that's downright laughable. Worse still is 8 ppl upvoted that :rolleyes:

All that said, $300 for Xbone X is a steal, but looks like it's not too easy to find one of these--pretty much all gone already. Congrats to those that got one at that price.
That’s cool and all but save your money and invest the $299 in next gen... the next 10yrs of your life instead of a system that’ll be expired in a year. Xbox ain’t Sony or Nintendo that has a long life span.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2232 posts
2206 upvotes
299 for next gen? you mean like 2 to 3 times the price. if you can find one at shoppers then that's probably your best bet, pre orders will be booked for Christmas so doubt it. you might even get some trade in offers for the next gen.
I would rather have the xbox one x in my entertainment center with a ps5 as I don't want that square looking box and have very limited space to put both.