Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

EB ENDS TODAY! PS4 slim/Xbox S $99 w/trade

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2017 11:33 pm
Mar 11, 2014
196 posts
63 upvotes
Ottawa
Kurtz7834 wrote: That's wrong, tell them to check their website.

This deal is hotter for PS4 upgraders, who get two games included. I'm on the fence as to whether it's worth it to upgrade my 500 GB Xbox One 1st generation to the slim. It works perfectly except I have that random annoying issue where the wireless controller randomly disconnects. Any workarounds for this or do I need a hardware replacement?
I disagree, I think the best deal here for me was to upgrade my xbox one. You get the better console out of the 2 and you get the 50$ ultimate gift card. If it was the ps4 pro instead of the slim I would of agreed. I do have both consoles. To each their own I guess.
Last edited by patcade on Dec 10th, 2016 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2006
3826 posts
1452 upvotes
Toronto
Did the trade today. Got it for $91 +tax for some reason. Thanks op!
Images
  • 1481382830669251756389.jpg
Sep 30, 2016
38 posts
11 upvotes
ElementsI wrote: Is the Xbox One S/PS4 S you get refurbished or is it a brand new one?

and do they just give you the $50 gift card or do you have to do something online?
Xbox s was brand new. The instructions to get the card are on your receipt, so yes online. I got to keep my hdmi cable (new one did not have one) and they did not even check my old Xbox or controller. The new Xbox s runs so much cooler and I gave them a controller that wandered. It was a no brainer.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2076 upvotes
In case it hasn't been mentioned, the controller doesn't have to match the console.

For ex, you can trade in your white ps4 with a black controller if you want to keep your white one or have a black controller with thumb stick issues like we did.

I was also told one trade per customer, so we both have to go in to swap our consoles instead of me doing both.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2012
1001 posts
552 upvotes
Toronto
Just swapped out my 2tb hdd for my old 500gb one that was in a Seagate enclosure. Excited to try GTA5 in first person mode.
Uncharted 4 was on my wish list and replacing my noisy PS4 plus a new controller makes this a no brainer hot deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
2248 posts
2398 upvotes
Rekognize wrote: Did the trade today. Got it for $91 +tax for some reason. Thanks op!
Edge card discount. I got it for $84 with platinum.
Jan 1, 2013
189 posts
35 upvotes
GTA
Is this still alive? Tried calling eb games but they are not very good at answering their phones.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3771 posts
475 upvotes
Wow, I didn't even realize this wasn't an upgrade to the PS4 Pro, for some reason I thought the slim and pro were the same.

What is the price difference to upgrade to the pro from the regular ps4 and should I do it?

Over the phone, EB said it was around $200 to go from regular PS4 to Pro, is that worth it?
Last edited by Rockstead on Dec 10th, 2016 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 9, 2012
202 posts
65 upvotes
NEWMARKET
Traded for the slim, they didn't even plug in my old PS4 to test it.

Thanks OP!!
Sep 1, 2008
40 posts
23 upvotes
Barrie, Ontario
Just upgraded my fat xb1 to the slim. No issues. In and out in 15 minutes. A lot of attempts at upselling, but I resisted. 104 dollars and change. Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3334 upvotes
for the dining card is there a form I have to fill out? or I just enter it on the website, ship just the receipt and my address and name on a paper to them?
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3952 posts
2856 upvotes
Toronto
-----------
Last edited by drz400 on Jul 25th, 2022 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
2198 posts
2414 upvotes
Yes till the 15th. However if your looking for the Xbox deal, good luck finding stock anywhere.
Oct 31, 2011
170 posts
15 upvotes
If I could trade in my 1TB XB1 for a 1TB XB1S I would do it... But it doesnt seem worth it "upgrading" to a 500gb.
Koodo 45$ 11gb
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3334 upvotes
after I sold 2 games battlefield 1 and overwatch on their battlefield bundle this trade came up to 25.00 and I got a ton of free stuff thumb grips 3 months xbox live, free adapter for pc /kinect 1 month access if you had one. the gift card is just money in my pocket it don't expire definitely worth it. I don't think they'll give you a opportunity to switch so easy again. I could've sold those games for 60.00 each probably and it would've came up to 15.00 as still hot in wrapper people want to buy it for Christmas and I got replie within 1 hour
Deal Addict
May 6, 2012
3431 posts
1079 upvotes
CoolDudeClan wrote: Considered this but unless you have a 4k TV it's really not worth upgrading to a Xbox One S...
Physical buttons instead of that stupid uber-sensitive power-on that they had before
Much smaller unit, no power brick
Front USB is useful
Can stand vertically, useful for some people
Lower power consumption (save a few bucks a year on bills)
Better GPU (marginally less frame drops and screen tearing across most games; 10% increased performance and framerate among certain titles)
Better controller
Don't need headset adapter for controller ($30)
Controller is PC wireless compatible out of the box with bluetooth
Better wireless connectivity for internet connection
$50 gift card
"Free" Edge Platinum card (getting one with this deal actually gives you better TIV on your Xbox so it would be stupid not to get it)
Biogenik thumb grips (this was actually interesting to me because the grips are the exact same as the original Xbox, which I still LAN on so maybe I can put these grips on my old worn out Xbox controller)

I still think it is worth it... and most people will be upgrading to 4K in the next 5 years and now you already have a 4k blu ray player.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3334 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: That's very generous of them, but I doubt most people will be this lucky.
its actually cheaper as they give you the edge discount on the upgrades.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10293 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
So pretty much everywhere is sold out because they haven't received any stock since Black Friday.

Apparently this is a stock clear out on the Xbox One S's. Doesn't seem like they care about the Xbox Ones they're getting.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2012
3431 posts
1079 upvotes
Anyway, I just did the trade this morning...

Buy Xbox One S - $300
Buy Edge Platinum - $15
Trade in Xbox - -$200
TIV boost on Xbox - -$15.50
Trade in Far Cry Primal - -$24 after TIV boost (I originally paid $25, amazon lightning sale in the summer)
Trade in Until Dawn - -$24 after TIV boost (originally paid $20... at EB Games during a sale Face With Tears Of Joy)
Trade in Nintendoland - -$24 after TIV boost (got this free with my Wii-U)
Trade in Rayman Legends - -$24 after TIV boost (originally paid $20 at Wal-mart years ago)
Traded in Uncharted 1-3 and Sleeping Dogs (have the remasters on Xbox/PS4) - -$8 total after promos
$50 gift card thrown in free
$10 biogenik thumb grips thrown in free

In the end they owed me $4 Face With Tears Of Joy

So yeah.. super hot if you ask me... if you have the right games.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3771 posts
475 upvotes
Rockstead wrote: Wow, I didn't even realize this wasn't an upgrade to the PS4 Pro, for some reason I thought the slim and pro were the same.

What is the price difference to upgrade to the pro from the regular ps4 and should I do it?

Over the phone, EB said it was around $200 to go from regular PS4 to Pro, is that worth it?
Please guys, need your advice fast, I'm at the eb store, I think it is $200 to upgrade to a PS4 Pro from a PS4 Phat, is that damage decent trade in price?
Last edited by Rockstead on Dec 10th, 2016 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)