Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

EB ENDS TODAY! PS4 slim/Xbox S $99 w/trade

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2017 11:33 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7467 posts
4051 upvotes
Montreal
hey I signed up for the Edge card, do I need to print out the 10% coupon for recycled games? Or will they to it automatically?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
2248 posts
2398 upvotes
Madevilz wrote: hey I signed up for the Edge card, do I need to print out the 10% coupon for recycled games? Or will they to it automatically?
Need to print.
Jul 25, 2007
98 posts
12 upvotes
Montreal
It should work on optical out to the receiver. I have mine hooked up that way and have no problems. Verify you have assigned the optical input to the correct output on the receiver. Try a reboot as well.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2003
2133 posts
595 upvotes
Toronto
pulkit10 wrote: The store I went to had a very helpful rep. that provided me with an additional receipt. I'm sure a photocopy will basically do the same thing but if someone else is planning on going in for the trade, try and ask the rep for a duplicate receipt.
Ah wish my rep did that, NCIX did that for me when I bought a few different items that had MIRs.

I find that these thermal receipts fade out after a year or two anyways that's why I scan all mine now.
Jul 27, 2009
53 posts
10 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks op, didn't need to include controller charge cable
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3158 posts
3525 upvotes
Montreal
grego9198 wrote: Ah wish my rep did that, NCIX did that for me when I bought a few different items that had MIRs.

I find that these thermal receipts fade out after a year or two anyways that's why I scan all mine now.
Everytime I buy a game, I put the receipt in the case. I traded my PS4 for the slim. I took my 2TB drive and put it in the slim. I took the 500GB from slim and it's now in my Fat 40GB PS3. I played a game from the PS3... bought in 2006. The actual receipt was still readable.

The problem with thermal receipts is not the fact that they fade out because of time (this is true but 95% of the time, it's not). They fade out because of change in the ambient temperature. Try it. The one in your jeans or in your purse will last 3 months while the one you keep in a box somewhere hidden in your basement will still be ok in 10 years.
<no self promotion>
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2784 posts
1177 upvotes
Richmond, ON
quick question, I want to do the xbox swap, but concerned for my saved data. Now, I know I can backup my downloaded games, but what about the games I play offlline? For instance, I play mafia 3 and have logged some pretty solid hours on there, will this swap affect my saved progress. I contacted MS, and he gave me 2 answers, so im skeptical. Can anyone please confirm that they have swapped and can use all the data and offline games.

Thank you

P.s, I tried looking the thread and got to page 20 and quit, lol!
if you don't ask, the answer is always NO!
Oct 13, 2006
310 posts
123 upvotes
Markham, ON
Thanks OP! I did my trade-in at Markville Mall EBgames, was very smooth. They didn't even need my charging cable for the controller.

I didn't have either of the games and my controller was kind of busted, so very good deal for me!
rohicoffee.ca
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
2249 posts
1274 upvotes
rui wrote: I'm having issue with the optical output,can't get it work with denon avr-1712 receiver,set bitstream and Dolby digital on Xbox one S and there is no sound,I used to use HDMI and my receiver supports HDMI 1.4a,since Xbox one S has HDMI 2.0 and for connect to 4K tv,I plan use optical to get 7.1 channels sound.

Any advise?Thanks in advance.
Well optical will only bitstream regular Dolby and DTS for movies. Might need to go into your receiver settings and assign the optical connection to a specific video selection output. Had to do this with my old Marantz and Onkyo receiver. Also would need to set it to optical on your XBox One. Plus, unless you have a 4K tv to take advantage of for your games/movies. The HDMI connection to your receiver should still work without a problem to get picture/sound. Still waiting for the system update that will finally allow the system to bitstream DTS-HDMA and Dolby TrueHD for my movies. If not at least my PS4 Slim provides it along with the 3D films I watch
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2014
2960 posts
632 upvotes
Shup00 wrote: Thanks OP! I did my trade-in at Markville Mall EBgames, was very smooth. They didn't even need my charging cable for the controller.

I didn't have either of the games and my controller was kind of busted, so very good deal for me!
For someone whos only going to play FFXV probably. I wonder if I should go for the pro and play it in its best state. I was gonna trade my xbox one in for a ps4 slim since the xbox one s's are sold out
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
3275 posts
2144 upvotes
Montréal, QC
I took the Xbox One Battlefield bundle. I also came with Overwatch, but I already have Overwatch on PC. Anyone in Montreal wants to trade it for another game?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2076 upvotes
westnylefx wrote: For someone whos only going to play FFXV probably. I wonder if I should go for the pro and play it in its best state. I was gonna trade my xbox one in for a ps4 slim since the xbox one s's are sold out
I play FFXV on my fat PS4 with a vizio 4k tv. It looks amazing and I haven't had any slow down or issues.

If all you are planning to play is FFXV, I can't see the Pro being worth the extra $200.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
1488 posts
344 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Xbox One S 500 GB is OOS in Edmonton and Calgary. Well done rfders! Will have wait for next deal. ;)
Jan 6, 2014
117 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
cazzo1980 wrote: quick question, I want to do the xbox swap, but concerned for my saved data. Now, I know I can backup my downloaded games, but what about the games I play offlline? For instance, I play mafia 3 and have logged some pretty solid hours on there, will this swap affect my saved progress. I contacted MS, and he gave me 2 answers, so im skeptical. Can anyone please confirm that they have swapped and can use all the data and offline games.

Thank you

P.s, I tried looking the thread and got to page 20 and quit, lol!
If you signed on xbox live before you traded in the console it should be backed-up in the xbox cloud. If not, then it's on your old xbox's HDD and there's no way of recovering it unless u call EB and ask if they restored the HDD to factory default yet.

PS: No need to worry if you haven't wiped the HDD yourself before trading it in as EB Games does that for you with all console trade-ins. If u have instant sign-in with credit card info, it will all be erased before sold to someone else- it's store policy.
Xbox: GTR AnThMaN
Jan 6, 2014
117 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
Can't wait till EB starts selling all these cheap fat PS4 consoles! GT Sport is the only reason to buy a PS4 for me.
Xbox: GTR AnThMaN
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2784 posts
1177 upvotes
Richmond, ON
AnThMaN wrote: If you signed on xbox live before you traded in the console it should be backed-up in the xbox cloud. If not, then it's on your old xbox's HDD and there's no way of recovering it unless u call EB and ask if they restored the HDD to factory default yet.

PS: No need to worry if you haven't wiped the HDD yourself before trading it in as EB Games does that for you with all console trade-ins. If u have instant sign-in with credit card info, it will all be erased before sold to someone else- it's store policy.
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I still have my xbox, was going to swap tonight. So, I do sign in with my xbox live and I play my game. Once I get the new console, I should put game in, it will install whatever it has to and it will find my current progress, does this sound right?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6908 posts
3332 upvotes
Canada
ES_Revenge wrote: How come junk like Wii U and 3DS cost more than PS4 Slim or Xbone S? Odd really, I'm not sure who would do such a thing. I didn't even know 3DS by itself (without any upgrade) cost more than $120 to begin with! LOL.
First of all, it's not "junk".

Second of all, Nintendo doesn't price their consoles under cost, unlike the other 2. The other 2 consoles are "loss leaders" where Sony and Microsoft make it up in software sales and licensing.

Please educate yourself.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6908 posts
3332 upvotes
Canada
I find it interesting that the employees of some stores take corporate promotions so personally. It's not like these are franchises or anything, so I really don't understand why some of them care .. like care at all.

I found they were a bit aggressive with the extended warranties on the games, but stay polite and friendly and decline.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3320 posts
1214 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
hmm OOS all around me. Oh well, saved myself $100
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2784 posts
1177 upvotes
Richmond, ON
So called a few EB in Ottawa (Kanata, Bayshore) and they are no longer doing the 299.99 console upgrades. Basically, your old consoles have a trade in value, I have the first day edition and it's 207.00, which makes the new xbox 99.99. They are only doing swaps ftowards the 399.99 consoles and get this, I cannot trade in my day one edition towards the 399.99 console...lol...well at least at the bayshore location.

That's where I am at right now with this.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)