Shopping Discussion

EBATES.ca: LOST Cash Back from DELL purchases?? SHOCKED!!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2018 2:42 pm
[OP]
May 30, 2013
172 posts
189 upvotes

EBATES.ca: LOST Cash Back from DELL purchases?? SHOCKED!!

I logged into my EBATES.ca account and to my SHOCK, I lost about $100+ in CASH BACK which had been posted for over 2 months now.
I made several BIG purchases over the holidays using EBATES.ca DELL's 10% CASH BACK and got the CASH BACK POSTED, but now after 2 month, IT'S ALL LOST.

DID ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THE SAME THING??

DOES EBATES.ca have a toll free number that I can call?

THIS MAKE ME FEEL WHETHER EBATES.ca site can be fully TRUSTED!
Last edited by kylin18 on Jan 13th, 2018 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
43 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
2735 posts
305 upvotes
did you use coupons that weren't eligible? did you use dell rewards? In the case of the later, i have had to fight once, and the only awarded ebates on the cash portion paid.

my lifetime cashback on ebates is over $1k so my experience with ebates has been pretty good.
[OP]
May 30, 2013
172 posts
189 upvotes
poorwingman wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 12:09 am
did you use coupons that weren't eligible? did you use dell rewards? In the case of the later, i have had to fight once, and the only awarded ebates on the cash portion paid.
The coupons used was only like the "$15OFF$199+" off from some $1000 total purchases. But whatever was the price paid after the applied coupon, I should be getting the CASH BACK for it, right?
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
2735 posts
305 upvotes
kylin18 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 12:14 am
The coupons used was only like the "$15OFF$199+" off from some $1000 total purchases. But whatever was the price paid after the applied coupon, I should be getting the CASH BACK for it, right?
You are only permitted to use coupons listed on https://www.ebates.ca/coupons/dell-consumer. That said, there is often a $15OFF$199+ coupon, and it appears valid right now.

Have you filled out a claim? https://www.ebates.ca/help/contact/where-is-my-cashback
Feb 26, 2011
390 posts
330 upvotes
Calgary
Just noticed I also lost my $100+ worth of Dell.ca cashback.
Sent an email hoping for a reply.

No I did not use any coupons. Was a TV purchased on Black Friday
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
22156 posts
8804 upvotes
Ottawa
I didn't receive cash back on 1of2 purchases made on the same day and didn't bother to entertain their process of investigating the reason.
I'm sticking with GCR, as they've been more reliable for me.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
3173 posts
2821 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ebates always worked well for me. There were a few instances where some rebates didn't post and all I had to do was create a claim which is pretty simple and they respond next business day without any fuss.
Jun 1, 2015
58 posts
39 upvotes
Québec, QC
Just went to check and 120$ cash back disappeared too from 10% cashback BF deal om a XPS 13. Will open a ticket i guess
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2570 posts
1411 upvotes
Vancouver
Have quite a few missing from amazon purchases (9 out of about 30)... not really a lot but i just file (copy and pasted) ticket numbers (from my account info) and got about $5 added to my account. All were small 1% amazon purchases tho so really no big deal either way but seems like their tracking was a bit off in december.

No fuss and added the next day so just use the link provided above by @poorwingman
Sep 3, 2014
418 posts
327 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC
My $100+ cashback from Dell has disappeared too.

Smells like a shitstorm is coming....

Oh and Ebates support form is deliberately shit.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2570 posts
1411 upvotes
Vancouver
BritsinCanada wrote:
Jan 14th, 2018 12:31 am
My $100+ cashback from Dell has disappeared too.

Smells like a shitstorm is coming....

Oh and Ebates support form is deliberately shit.
Considering it/dell was 10% during bf and i think quite a few rfders took advantage of that... wonder if this thread will blow up once others start checking.

The form is pretty easy to fill on a pc. Just goto your account info to find tracking numbers. Basically my account, shopping trips, change the month to november or december. Thats how i figured out 9 of my orders were missing because i only go through ebates/start a shopping trip if i plan on buying something. In the case of amazon, i just add stuff from my recently view page (basically stuff im going to buy before ebates) then add them to cart through ebate tab lol.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2004
4794 posts
2861 upvotes
Vancouver
Yep I Just checked and my 10% ebates from Dell disappeared too. Completely gone. WTF
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
2971 posts
844 upvotes
Is it something with Dell? my airmilesshop.ca rewards 25x AM (15x from AMS & 10x from Dell) for purchasing during BF just got reverted today too for no reason. Their chat is not open so I won't be able to enquire about it till tomorrow. It's weird, I still haven't opened the item yet
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2005
4211 posts
448 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
adamtheman wrote:
Jan 14th, 2018 4:32 am
Yep I Just checked and my 10% ebates from Dell disappeared too. Completely gone. WTF
I just checked, same here.
Aug 16, 2008
710 posts
104 upvotes
Checked my account, 10% ebates from Dell Canada is gone as well...

Someone has got some explaining to do.