[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
1954 posts
251 upvotes
Vancouver

Ebates.com Checks US Dollars?

Hi

I got a check from Ebates.com and I am wondering if it is in US dollars? It says no were on the check so I am wondering if it is how do I let the bank know? I think I already cashed one time a check in from them for $5 and it was just treated as CDN funds.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1675 posts
694 upvotes
Canada
xiaobao wrote:
Feb 20th, 2015 1:57 am
Hi

I got a check from Ebates.com and I am wondering if it is in US dollars? It says no were on the check so I am wondering if it is how do I let the bank know? I think I already cashed one time a check in from them for $5 and it was just treated as CDN funds.
Ebates.com cheques are in US Dollars.

Will my Big Fat Check be in Canadian or U.S. currency?
Members of Ebates.com will receive their Big Fat Checks paid in U.S. dollars. Check with your bank or check-cashing outlet regarding policies and fees for U.S. currency conversion.
Link: http://www.ebates.com/help/canada.htm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
5952 posts
683 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
It might be dependent on the bank but when I cash in my USD cheques they get converted to CAD with the appropriate exchange rate.

Ebates.com is in USD and Ebates.ca is in CAD.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
3788 posts
2922 upvotes
Toronto
Look at the issuing bank on the cheque. American bank = USD.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
1954 posts
251 upvotes
Vancouver
Ok that's what I thought, I got to point this out this time that it is in US funds and at least I can point to thing that show it is. Because it seems last time I got a check from them my bank just treated it as CDN funds.