Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca/amazon.ca

Locked: Wear24 Google WearOS 2.29 Smartwatch by Verizon $40 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2019 12:46 am
Aug 31, 2018
27 posts
14 upvotes
When the charger is plugged in is there a white light on the bottom? Mine has it and it blinks when charging.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
NealP77178 wrote: When the charger is plugged in is there a white light on the bottom? Mine has it and it blinks when charging.
Not sure about the moto360 they are sending with the recent batches, but the stock charger performs like that (blinking white when charging and solid white when fully charged).
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
keyser-soze wrote: Thanks for all the posts on this. I decided to jump in and order. Got the silver, had it plugged in on the supplied charger and it has not turned on.

It's been 24 hours. I also tried holding down the button for ten or so seconds and nothing. Tied a quick tap of the button.. nothing...

Send back as defective?
Charger is probably garbage. Try sending it back. For mine to charge correctly I had to actually take apart my charger and put the phone directly on the inductive charger without any plastic in the way.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
keyser-soze wrote: Thanks for all the posts on this. I decided to jump in and order. Got the silver, had it plugged in on the supplied charger and it has not turned on.

It's been 24 hours. I also tried holding down the button for ten or so seconds and nothing. Tied a quick tap of the button.. nothing...

Send back as defective?
Charger is probably garbage. Try sending it back. For mine to charge correctly I had to actually take apart my charger and put the phone directly on the inductive charger without any plastic in the way.
Dec 4, 2005
516 posts
702 upvotes
Mississauga

Send back as defective?
Check that usb cable is pushed all the way into the charger, I had similar problem as yours until i realized that the charger cable wasn't connected properly. The charger is working when there is a light at the bottom.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2536 posts
1726 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks all for the replies. Looks like I will send it back.

Tried changing cable and plug. Still nothing.

The charger does show a white light at the bottom, but it has been solid white the entire time the watch is on the charger. The watch and the charger do generate some heat, so feels like they are working, but watch will not turn on.
Aug 31, 2018
27 posts
14 upvotes
That's weird. Mine came fully uncharged and took about 15 mins of charging for the screen to turn on. Did you try charging it for a bit?
Aug 7, 2011
235 posts
63 upvotes
So.. any tips on how to get the screen protector on? haha.. mostly having problems with centering it , 1 protector in the garbage 3 left :P
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Chura83 wrote: So.. any tips on how to get the screen protector on? haha.. mostly having problems with centering it , 1 protector in the garbage 3 left :P
Not sure if this will work with the round watch face but try the tape hinge method. Probably want to use some thin tape for this watch.

Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Evil Baby wrote: Not sure if this will work with the round watch face but try the tape hinge method. Probably want to use some thin tape for this watch.
Yup, that's what I did.
Apr 12, 2018
47 posts
41 upvotes
Anyone else having any issues with Spotify since the last update? Whenever I launch the app it automatically brings me to the "Recently Played" section and I can't navigate anywhere else. The only functionality I have, aside from seeing my recently played songs, is the ability to tap a song on said list and it'll play. That's quite literally it.

I could have sworn a bunch of "Now Playing" options were always in the notifications section of your watch when using Spotify? At the very lest, change out of recently played.

The issue is on both of my watches, so it's not an isolated issue on one watch. I'm starting to think it's a new spotify setting but I have no idea where to start. Anyone deal with this or is it just me?
Jun 7, 2008
32 posts
6 upvotes
Got my Wear24. So far pretty handy - installed the wear24 app (couldn't install from google store so got package from somewhere else linked here). The wear24 app really helps customize the face widgets.

I'm using the Modern face at the moment. When I swipe left on home screen it pulls out the fitness app. Can I change which app slides from the left?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
For those who purchased these new/refurbs, what time of battery life are you seeing so far?
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Apr 12, 2018
47 posts
41 upvotes
Axelrod wrote: Anyone else having any issues with Spotify since the last update? Whenever I launch the app it automatically brings me to the "Recently Played" section and I can't navigate anywhere else. The only functionality I have, aside from seeing my recently played songs, is the ability to tap a song on said list and it'll play. That's quite literally it.

I could have sworn a bunch of "Now Playing" options were always in the notifications section of your watch when using Spotify? At the very lest, change out of recently played.

The issue is on both of my watches, so it's not an isolated issue on one watch. I'm starting to think it's a new spotify setting but I have no idea where to start. Anyone deal with this or is it just me?
SOLVED: Of course it was the simplest of solutions - Spotify notifications were turned off on the phone, despite being "on" in the Wear OS app. I guess the latest update changed the requirements to control the music?
TorontoEh wrote: For those who purchased these new/refurbs, what time of battery life are you seeing so far?
Naturally it depends on usage as some apps consume more battery than others, but from what I've read in this forum the average battery life is between 1-3 days. Both of my watches will usually make it three days on one charge (settings: airplane mode, bluetooth on, 'always-on screen' is disabled, ... etc.).
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
daveh_cdn wrote: When I swipe left on home screen it pulls out the fitness app. Can I change which app slides from the left?
Nope, that's how most recent WearOS works.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
Would this be an upgrade from a Fitbit Blaze or is it not fair to compare the two? I usually use my blaze to control skip tracks music at the gym, to see whos calling and messages from all Apps via FitNotificiations.

I've read the last few pages and it seems one needs to fiddle around a lot to get this up and running for everyday usage.
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
4104 posts
2980 upvotes
Kitchener
jeff1970 wrote: I'm man enough to wear that, however, already got a watch from best buy back in November...
Took me all of 6 1/2 months to buy one... :rolleyes:
Why can't we all just get along?
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
TorontoEh wrote: Would this be an upgrade from a Fitbit Blaze or is it not fair to compare the two?
True indeed, not fair for the Fitbit Blaze :)
I usually use my blaze to control skip tracks music at the gym, to see whos calling and messages from all Apps via FitNotificiations.
Here is the thing, the paradigm will shift when you go WearOS, it's anything but a fitness tracker with notifications (just Google around for the review articles and demo vids).
I've read the last few pages and it seems one needs to fiddle around a lot to get this up and running for everyday usage.
If you ever owned an Android phone the learning curve is basically zero, you fiddle around for couple of minutes to debloat and optimize then spend forever settling on a face and the set of apps to use ;)
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2536 posts
1726 upvotes
Kitchener
iceman2015 wrote: Hey I can’t seem to get rid of this SIM notification. Can you outline the steps. Both my watch and my phone has the latest OS but still get the same error message
Were you able to get rid of this? May I get instructions?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)